News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

ToTBellHop

OK.....That's Interesting For a Show that's Starting for a Third time.........

Would HEA have the same Rules???
It may because of the new projections.

Haven’t heard of any new updates to EF but the lack of audio is, indeed, unusual. Perhaps they’ll close the show out with “Dos Oruguitas”.

nickf456

I really hope they throw "We Go On" to this third iteration of EF. It would just cap off the show perfectly and make the show flow so much better than ending with AWNW.

As for the new show, as long as it has the ethos of Illuminations and most of the show is composed of original music, even if they do throw a few Disney songs in there that somewhat make sense, I'll be ok with it (also DRONES!!).

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I really hope they throw "We Go On" to this third iteration of EF. It would just cap off the show perfectly and make the show flow so much better than ending with AWNW.

As for the new show, as long as it has the ethos of Illuminations and most of the show is composed of original music, even if they do throw a few Disney songs in there that somewhat make sense, I'll be ok with it (also DRONES!!).
I agree, personally I think the new show should just be fireworks and drones with an original score. No need for fountains, screens, projection mapping ect.

nickf456

I agree, personally I think the new show should just be fireworks and drones with an original score. No need for fountains, screens, projection mapping ect.
Agreed, one of the nuances of previous Epcot nighttime shows is that they don't do too much in terms of visuals, but have a strong and emotional score to bring the show home on top of cool pyrotechnics. Harmonious did a 180 on that and made pretty much the entire show visuals with the score and pyro as an afterthought. I'd just like to see Imagineering go back to their roots for this next show.

mattpeto

I kind of wonder if changing the Epcot Forever finale will buy them more time to work on their new show.

SoFloMagic

As far as I know, don't expect any changes to the soundtrack. Remember this is a temporary show, and resources are being directed to developing the new permanent show and not modifying EF.
I mean that makes sense, but if they're gonna run it past the end of WallCOT "whole new world" makes less sense.

castlecake2.0

Maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t think too far into it… Historically, that’s been a pretty standard practice across property during rehearsals.
It was just interesting because it’s usually just common sense that if the park is closed you’re not supposed to be taking any pictures or video of anything, but this time they made a big point to reiterate this rule. Probably nothing, just found it interesting.

jrhwdw

I mean that makes sense, but if they're gonna run it past the end of WallCOT "whole new world" makes less sense.
We don't have a Date yet for WallCot to disappear Correct?

Thanks Steve for setting us straight! I had a feeling EF Changes were too good to be true without some conformation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom