News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

The honest to God truth is that there doesn't have to be much of a sequence change to accommodate WGO. Originally, someone on YouTube uploaded a video of the show's finale set to the song, and it worked as is.

I wouldn't read too far into the pyro sequences changing.

I WOULD BE and *AM* reading into the fact that they've already tested with audio but are now choosing not to, for what seems to be no apparent reason.
Any changes aside, isn't it harder to hear WSL Audio from Epcot Resorts, mainly the bridge to Boardwalk?? I don't believe Epcot gives Audio to any Place outside the Park unlike MK.....

Should be interesting to see if MK Resorts get HEA Audio before April 3rd. The Resorts had it for the first full HEA Test after COVID.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I do think it's strange how they werent doing an audio test. Why would they silence the audio of a soundtrack we've heard and had open access to for almost 4 years?
To make this matter more interesting, an audio track they just used to test product a month ago.

So,

1. The "They don't need to play the audio for a routine test" argument is invalid because they already have a few times recently.

2. The timeline makes sense.
- First test is to establish product and inventory (Steve said this shortly after the first test occurred)
- Second test (February 15th) established re-choreographed show sequences and effects that were carrying over or tweaked slightly from 2021
- Third test (last night) is for updated show audio.

Logically, if we're following a timeline pattern here, there's going to be one more test in mid-March, which would bring all these elements together (most likely with silent audio)

jrhwdw

To make this matter more interesting, an audio track they just used to test product a month ago.

So,

1. The "They don't need to play the audio for a routine test" argument is invalid because they already have a few times recently.

2. The timeline makes sense.
- First test is to establish product and inventory (Steve said this shortly after the first test occurred)
- Second test (February 15th) established re-choreographed show sequences and effects that were carrying over or tweaked slightly from 2021
- Third test (last night) is for updated show audio.

Logically, if we're following a timeline pattern here, there's going to be one more test in mid-March, which would bring all these elements together (most likely with silent audio)
So no full Rehearsal with WSL'S Speakers before April 3rd?

Vinnie Mac

Any changes aside, isn't it harder to hear WSL Audio from Epcot Resorts,
Historically when show testing has been done you can still hear the audio. When Harmonious first started doing full pyro testing you could hear the soundtrack at some points if you listen closely enough. Its very faint but its there.
Take this video as an example:

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
So no full Rehearsal with WSL'S Speakers before April 3rd?
If they're following this pattern, I'd say no? The late January and mid-February tests had audio, which I myself heard and filmed from the Boardwalk -> Beach Club bridge.

If they truly are trying to use WGO and keep it a pleasant surprise, they wouldn't play the audio, because of people like us who listen like hawks.

That's literally the only logical reason, and the testing up to this point supports it. I think the new sequences on the 15th paired with this needless silence are saying a lot.

jrhwdw

If they're following this pattern, I'd say no? The late January and mid-February tests had audio, which I myself heard and filmed from the Boardwalk -> Beach Club bridge.

If they truly are trying to use WGO and keep it a pleasant surprise, they wouldn't play the audio, because of people like us who listen like hawks.

That's literally the only logical reason, and the testing up to this point supports it. I think the new sequences on the 15th paired with this needless silence are saying a lot.
Probably Too much to ask but.....can we have ROE'S WGO pyro if our guesses are correct?!?! LOL!!!

SoFloMagic

That's what I'm thinking. When I saw the reaction to the beacon show for epcot 40, I figured the gears must be turning in their heads... They'd be fools not to capitalize

Plus they already have the track, the snip, the voice over ready to go. Just cut and paste the audio from the beacon. It even has the soarin music intro. I mean, is it possible they produced this for BOTH? seems too perfect a fit.

jrhwdw

Throwing “We Go On” to the end of EF is the exact type of thing Disney would do to throw super fans a bone without actually changing a single thing that’s really wrong.
Would be nice if Steve or Martin would chime in before we get too ahead of ourselves........But that's just me.........

SoFloMagic

Would be nice if Steve or Martin would chime in before we get too ahead of ourselves........But that's just me.........
Obs don't want to speak for him, but Martin quoted that there'd be no audio for the test. Not sure if he meant anything by it, but it's super odd not to play audio unless there's a change.

But maybe it'll be "prince Ali" or "friend like me" instead of a while new world 😂

WorldExplorer

Is that the Riviera in that video?

I knew it looked bad, but wow, the exterior is especially hideous there. It looks like the mid-tier apartment complexes they're building near me.

When you ride the Skyliner to it they describe it with something along the lines of "celebrating the scenic vistas of the Mediterranean coast".

It really feels like a joke.

jrhwdw

During the last test a park wide memo was sent out reminding all cast that they were forbidden from video or audio recording or taking pictures of the testing…
OK.....That's Interesting For a Show that's Starting for a Third time.........

Would HEA have the same Rules???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom