News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Chef idea Mickey`=

I feel like there is something that can be added to it that could make it signficantly better. Don't get me wrong, it's already very good. It has the Illuminations-eque pre-show music, it doesn't ruin sightlines, it has wonderful pyro design (some of the best seen on that lagoon since ROE), the two original songs are wonderful. Not to mention people actually like this show. Casual guest love it and even some ROE diehards are finding a soft spot for it.

But even then I just feel like there is something that could push it from a B+ show to an A+ show. Maybe it's an all original soundtrack, maybe it's drones. Maybe a fire barge or a globe? I don't know!

Luminous tried to do the Illuminations thing but since it's middle is all about IP it is not in the same league that made Illuminations ROE a sucess. lf you want to compare IP it lacks energy that Epcot Forever and Harmonious has for the middle portion... Illuminations was powerful from start to finish just by the score, purpose, meaning, showcase.. so I'd stand that Luminious to me is not powerful in the middle... the story of life should be strong from start to finish. They tried to do hug me moments and time to cry in a way we don't want to..if we want to hug and cry should be by how the show impacts us, not by an IP selection and when you should.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Luminous has added ‘Osaka 3AM’ by Ooyy to the Pre-Show playlist. The other songs have been trimmed to accommodate.
That's been there since debut night. If it wasn't debut night, it was within a few nights later.
I'm curious what happened to the flame throwers, they had them defined and sequenced in grandMA3 during the testing video.
@wdwmagic thinks there could be more coming at some point.
1705254023769.png

THEMEPARKPIONEER

gerarar

Premium Member
There's been pyro cuts happening recently to the finale of Luminous.

Essentially sequences that had 6 small shells were slashed in half to just 3 or 4 shells.
The airtime on the crosette comets were reduced, making their effect less noticeable imo.

Sad to see these cuts (already) happening to the show when it's barely a month old at this point. Hopefully it's not budget related, but not looking good regardless..

Here's a comparison video I made showing the various cuts over the past couple weeks.

And here's some timestamps:
0:21 "Sound, it's in all that we are" – green crosette comets have a shorter burn/airtime (Changed around Jan 3)
0:33 "It's the beating of our hearts" – 6 green shells to 3 shells (Changed around Dec 29)
0:43 "...every beat aligns" – 6 red shells cut to 4 shells (Changed around Jan 10)
0:52 "The echo of our hearts" – 6 green shells cut to 3 shells (Changed around Dec 29)
1:19 "Feel it in the beat" – red crosette comets have a shorter burn/airtime (Changed around Jan 3)

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No

Essentially sequences that had 6 small shells were slashed in half to just 3 or 4 shells.
The airtime on the crosette comets were reduced, making their effect less noticeable imo.

Sad to see these cuts (already) happening to the show when it's barely a month old at this point. Hopefully it's not budget related, but not looking good regardless..

Here's a comparison video I made showing the various cuts over the past couple weeks.

0:21 "Sound, it's in all that we are" – green crosette comets have a shorter burn/airtime (Changed around Jan 3)
0:33 "It's the beating of our hearts" – 6 green shells to 3 shells (Changed around Dec 29)
0:43 "...every beat aligns" – 6 red shells cut to 4 shells (Changed around Jan 10)
0:52 "The echo of our hearts" – 6 green shells cut to 3 shells (Changed around Dec 29)
1:19 "Feel it in the beat" – red crosette comets have a shorter burn/airtime (Changed around Jan 3)

I'm not surprised. This is current Disney sadly.

Vinnie Mac

Disney got a lot of nerve making pyro cuts to this show considering the fact that the whole point of a traditional firework show is that the pyro IS the main appeal of the show. This is like taking away pyro from Illuminations like why??

Squishy

This part seemed to have 5 shells today, perhaps some firing issue going on?
1705373931718.png

1705374162633.png

Chef idea Mickey`=

Disney got a lot of nerve making pyro cuts to this show considering the fact that the whole point of a traditional firework show is that the pyro IS the main appeal of the show. This is like taking away pyro from Illuminations like why??
Illumination's ROE has reduced some changes even removing pyro sound in a particular section but that was over the years. This is as if you cut off stuff immediately right after the millennium celebration in January 2000. How difference was the 2000 shows vs 2017...

gerarar

Premium Member
If these are permanent cuts, then they sure are cutting little at a time and in increments to make it not as noticeable, compared to Epcot Forever and Harmonious when they received theirs pyro cuts all at the same time.

This part seemed to have 5 shells today, perhaps some firing issue going on?
View attachment 763237
View attachment 763238
That's interesting because I watched a bunch of streams from like the 10th to the 13th and they all had 4 shells.
All these supposed cutbacks also come from the 6 main barges too, and they work for the other sequences of 6 shells or 3 shells. Guess it's in flux for now..

Figments Friend

Epcot was looking spooky tonight for the show.
The smoke from the pyro in the opening sequence blew in from across the lagoon and fogged up the entire area.
It was so thick you really could not see much of the show.

This is a shot of folks leaving not even half way through the show as you could not see very much except the higher height pyro.

A bit of a bust, so I was glad I was able to view it earlier this week.

IMG_2832.jpeg

In the Parks
No

I salute your investigations!
Star Wars Salute GIF

This is too bad. Disney has a cost-cutting cancer.

gerarar

Premium Member
I salute your investigations!
Star Wars Salute GIF

This is too bad. Disney has a cost-cutting cancer.
Haha I watch too many livestreams of the nighttime spectaculars and it's hard to not notice this kind of stuff all the time (like the recent F! comet pyro swap).
Better to keep a record of it and jot down my thoughts/research than just keep it in my head lol.

Also been thinking of doing a HEA soon since the pyro in that show has been changing so much the past month ;)

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I thought the finale needed more... now they are cutting it some. ouch

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Haha I watch too many livestreams of the nighttime spectaculars and it's hard to not notice this kind of stuff all the time (like the recent F! comet pryo swap).
Better to keep a record of it and jot down my thoughts/research than just keep it in my head lol.

Also been thinking of doing a HEA soon since the pyro in that show has been changing so much the past month ;)
I was noticing them too, I just didn't want to bring myself to point it out, but yeah HEA definitely has cheaper pyro than it used to and it should be pointed out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom