News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Horizonsfan

While I do believe Disney can, should, and may very well do some original rides or shows in the parks again (see Mystic Manor, etc.), I do not think that is going to be the norm, and it's better to move forward in life acknowledging that.

What I’d like, and I don’t think I’m alone, is a balance similar to a streaming service. On a streaming service there’s stuff you know by heart, new takes on classics, new stories from franchises, and then completely original stories.

For every 2-3 new experiences that are movie IP based, there should be an attempt at something original. I don't think that's too much to ask of a billion dollar company at their cash cow resort. It's also just that, an ask. It's not dictating my enjoyment of a new experience because of my hoped for ideal. TBH, I think Luminous follows this pretty well within its own structure.

It’d also be nice if they were a little more equitable about utilizing different properties. I find the IP section of Luminous at its best during the "So close" and "proud corazon" sections due to their limited use elsewhere at the resort. The show is at its weakest when hearing Friend Like Me and You've Got a Friend for the 5,000th time at the resort.

Vinnie Mac

Now people find the Toy Story part in Luminous why is it there new Toy Story ride?
To anyone following the story of the show it's pretty clear why it's there. The whole premise of the show is that we are united through common experiences in life such as time with your family, time with your friends and childhood joy, love, loss, and hope. It's all shared and the show equates our lives to a single harmony that we sing together in unity. The play section represents friendship. Not confusing at all

Disney Analyst

To anyone following the story of the show it's pretty clear why it's there. The whole premise of the show is that we are united through common experiences in life such as time with your family, time with your friends, love, loss, and hope. It's all shared and the show equates our lives to a single harmony that we sing together in unity. The play section represents friendship. Not confusing at all

Friendship and fun. Heck that entire section starts with a group saying "Happy Birthday!"

TheMaxRebo

To anyone following the story of the show it's pretty clear why it's there. The whole premise of the show is that we are united through common experiences in life such as time with your family, time with your friends, love, loss, and hope. It's all shared and the show equates our lives to a single harmony that we sing together in unity. The play section represents friendship. Not confusing at all

it's not confusing - but there are other Disney songs about friendship that could be used rather than ones that seem to be in 90% of their shows

Mikey73181

Debut night. You had to be there. Most fans were onboard then came the complete whiplash of the finale song. I still didn't mind the show in its initial form but "A Whole New World" was the biggest misstep of that whole show.
I was there…made a trip specifically for the ROE finale and was still there for EF debut. That first showing, didn’t like it, but I LOVED ROE, so it’s not surprising that I just did not care for it. After a few more watches after I got home I grew to be ok with what it was (at the time) a temporary show while the big new replacement was put together…but at the time, after just seeing the final ROE the night before, wasn’t a fan at all.

JohnD

Last week, I noticed that the barges remained in place. My guess is because it was very windy last week and torrential rains came through last Saturday from that low pressure system. So probably better to leave them in place until all that passed.

JD80

Saw one just outside the lagoon today.
1000006941.jpg

Disney Analyst

Last week, I noticed that the barges remained in place. My guess is because it was very windy last week and torrential rains came through last Saturday from that low pressure system. So probably better to leave them in place until all that passed.

Interesting note in the article:

"First, from what we understand, the barge parade isn’t happening daily just yet due to higher-than-average crowd levels at EPCOT thanks to the holiday season. In short, if crowds are going to be high for the day, EPCOT ops might ask the fireworks crew to leave the barges on the Lagoon overnight instead of impacting crowd flow operations, however short the interruption might be. That said, we should see a more normal cadence of the barges being taken back to the marina after park close and a clean Lagoon for the morning and early afternoon hours once crowds normalize after the holiday season."

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Interesting note in the article:

"First, from what we understand, the barge parade isn’t happening daily just yet due to higher-than-average crowd levels at EPCOT thanks to the holiday season. In short, if crowds are going to be high for the day, EPCOT ops might ask the fireworks crew to leave the barges on the Lagoon overnight instead of impacting crowd flow operations, however short the interruption might be. That said, we should see a more normal cadence of the barges being taken back to the marina after park close and a clean Lagoon for the morning and early afternoon hours once crowds normalize after the holiday season."
That makes sense. During RoE, the globe was out all day long during the holiday season and was displayed in the middle of the lagoon instead of its hiding spot by the American Pavilion.

TTA94

Any good recordings out there yet of the post show song One Heartbeat? I didn’t stay long enough to hear this when I first saw the show. It’s awesome! Unfortunately im not so sure they will end up releasing though since it wasn’t in the show itself. Also odd that they didn’t mention this song as being original since, I believe, it is? 🤔

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom