News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

ToTBellHop

I think the issue I have with the narrator is that the only reason it's necessary is because otherwise it would just be a bunch of Disney songs in a row. The narrator makes the songs fit into the Epcot-friendly plotline for the show. A castle-adjacent fireworks show wouldn't work in Epcot, but you could take this show and put it into Magic Kingdom, sans narration, and it would work just fine. The narrator is necessary for the show to work in Epcot.
I think most of us could figure out the overall story of the show without the dialogue but the dialogue certainly helps (and, I imagine, the show writers thought it was necessary for the masses).

I think it could probably be edited down a little but find it less irritating as time passes.

TheLightningBolt

Show content aside for a second, I’m so disappointed with all the show hardware since ROE left.

Can someone explain why we don’t have a WOC style show platform in the lagoon? The new fountains don’t have the grunt to be able to produce the size of fountain world showcase deserves.

Also, The lighting fixtures on the new barges are far too close together and everything just ends up looking like a big mess of beams.

I still think this is a step in the right direction, I just find it still lacking and a bit messy.

DisQuick

Show content aside for a second, I’m so disappointed with all the show hardware since ROE left.

Can someone explain why we don’t have a WOC style show platform in the lagoon? The new fountains don’t have the grunt to be able to produce the size of fountain world showcase deserves.

Also, The lighting fixtures on the new barges are far too close together and everything just ends up looking like a big mess of beams.
For years, Disney has been trying to figure out how to get the fountains onto barges for the “WOC look.” The scissor-lift platforms have been issues in the past with how large and heavy they are. Also, the lagoon has moving watercraft in it, I don’t know how that would work either. However, I see your point with the beams.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Does anyone think this show would look a little better if the barges were spread out more rather than being all together? Seems like a lot of light and water effects get clustered together/lost in the middle of the setup the way they are docked
No. I spent the last three nights watching from three different areas and the barges are positioned perfectly so nothing gets "lost"

ToTBellHop

Can I petition that we reopen the conversation??
1703080206532.gif

TheMaxRebo

WOC is set up in a pool basically with a concrete bottom - WS lagoon is, while constructed by humans, still has a natural bottom and the infrastructure would get tangled up with plant life and would be an absolute nightmare to maintain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom