News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Starship824

In the Parks
No
HEA ran without fireworks in February 2020 due to high winds. I had a dessert party for that night.
It also ran without fireworks in 2021 due to a fire at the launch site the night before while testing Enchantment... That should have been their sign then lol

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Here's a show from Sept 26, 2023. 1st show at 8pm was cancelled due to rain but 2nd show at 9:30pm proceeded since rain stopped by then.

The double pyro is obvious/seen when the colored comets launch from the individual barges in the moat during the finale.

With regard to running with no fireworks, it has happened before at EPCOT. This one from 2008

It’s a good day when you wake up and you get both your questions answered. Thank you!
One more then: I know there’s a pretty solid threshold at DLR for fireworks being either turned to B-mode or cancelled. Is there anything comparable in Florida, or is it just based on whether it seems as if it would be dangerous?

In the Parks
No
Here's where things stand on the Luminous approval poll after almost two weeks of shows. Don't forget to cast your vote and/or change it if you have now seen it in person.
1702920163242.png

waltography

If they decide to set up a proper inclement weather version a la Taste of F!, I think they could just present the Heartbeat Symphony section as is, the spotlights and fountains look gorgeous in the rain and it doesn't drag out the show much longer than the fountains and lasers can carry it. Call it Luminous: The First Movement if they want to keep with the symphonic metaphor.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I’ve seen this show in person the last two nights, with a third viewing tonight. Videos do not do it justice at all. This might be one of the best fireworks shows Disney has ever done in my lifetime, and I say that has a fan boi of RoE. I still think it could use a few touch ups here and there, but overall this is a true home run. That opening and finale with the heart fireworks, wow 🥹

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I saw two people quietly tearing up next to me after the finale, wiping away their tears.

I don't think the finale needs more boom. It's a strong finish that more Pyro could be a distraction. The coordination of fountains, lights lasers and Pyro is fantastic.

Can't wait to see it again on friday.
Adding on, I heard crowd reactions that I haven't heard since RoE the last two nights. Guests know when a show is great. What a remarkable time for Epcot! Sad tonight is my last night to see it until March.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom