News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I watched ResortTV's stream once you mentioned the lack of pyro, and heard a very tepid reaction at the end. The show was not designed to be presented without pyro, but it's better than no show at all.

Compare that to, for example, World of Color, which is a fountain and light show, but was designed around those elements, and you get a much better reaction.
I absolutely agree! Some kind of nighttime entertainment is always better than nothing, just bizarre to see this show with a C-mode that I didn’t expect. I definitely think that it might be good for them to add some programming to replace the moments that are usually filled with pyro. Especially during the finale, there were moments that didn’t have much going on that could have used some more lights.

Brian

I absolutely agree! Some kind of nighttime entertainment is always better than nothing, just bizarre to see this show with a C-mode that I didn’t expect. I definitely think that it might be good for them to add some programming to replace the moments that are usually filled with pyro.
It would be nice to have a modified version of the show for nights when pyro is not possible, but those nights are so few and far between, it's likely not something they'd pony up the money for.

jrhwdw

I absolutely agree! Some kind of nighttime entertainment is always better than nothing, just bizarre to see this show with a C-mode that I didn’t expect. I definitely think that it might be good for them to add some programming to replace the moments that are usually filled with pyro.
IDK..... What Luminous did tonight doesn't come with every Thunderstorm. If tonight is indeed so rare, why would Epcot make a C Mode???

Mikey73181

Everytime I see the ending I feel like it just needs a few more fireworks for that big wow finale.

Maybe some of those fireworks they used to use at the end of most the shows that all exploded and popped loud at the same time
Its funny, my kids and I listened to Illuminations:ROE, Epcot Forever, Harmonious and Luminous on a few car rides today...and they both (along with myself) agreed with this statement. The ROE and I think Wishes both ended with a blast of pyro that crackled a second or two after the last beat of the music and they said they wish Luminous had it too.

Mikey73181

This is the one time Harmonious wins. It had giant screens to display more show elements. That said, I don't think Luminous without pyro looks bad at all. It's better than nothing for a once a year occurrence.
I don’t know about that. Two years ago or so Happily Ever After ran without pyro and only had the projections on the castle and to me it was VERY dull…(still interesting to see a rare show tho) where yes obviously Luminous is better with pyro, but I think the lights, lasers and fountains (and some fog that basically replaced the smoke) did a pretty good job. I can’t believe this show has only run for 12 days and we’ve already seen three different versions.

gerarar

Premium Member
I can only recall two times when Harmonious was straight up cancelled due to inclement weather and downpour. I don't ever recall a non-pyro performance, but then again I didn't follow it closely as much as like HEA and F!

Wonder if Luminous would've shown with its C-mode in these instances.

Here's a Harmonious cancellation from Sept 15, 2022.

Last edited:

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I can only recall two times when Harmonious was straight up cancelled due to inclement weather and downpour. I don't ever recall a non-pyro performance, but then again I didn't follow it closely as much as like HEA and F!

Wonder if Luminous would've shown with its C-mode in these instances.

Here's a Harmonious cancellation from Sept 15, 2022.

Know it’s a shade off topic, but do you know if F! has run a rain show since it returned last November? I know it relied on the old fountains, and was wondering if they updated the programming for the new tech.

jrhwdw

Know it’s a shade off topic, but do you know if F! has run a rain show since it returned last November? I know it relied on the old fountains, and was wondering if they updated the programming for the new tech.
I have not seen Taste of F! since F! returned. Unless YT keeps missing it?

gerarar

Premium Member
So far nope; haven't seen a Taste of F! since its return last November 2022. I've read that they shoot the pyro off on cancelled shows during off-hours now. If the 1st show gets cancelled, they run a double pyro show during the 2nd show of the night if applicable (this is new apparently).

The most recent (recorded) showing of it I could find was from September 2019. I wish they would eventually update the mini-show with the new tech lol

Last edited:

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
So for nope; haven't seen a Taste of F! since its return last November 2022. I've read that they shoot the pyro off on cancelled shows during off-hours now. If the 1st show gets cancelled, they run a double pyro show during the 2nd show of the night if applicable (this is new apparently).

The most recent (recorded) showing of it I could find was from September 2019. I wish they would eventually update the mini-show with the new tech lol
What does a double pyro show look like? I would love to see video of that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom