News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

After finally seeing it the other night, which sadly was in the B mode, I’m overall torn. I like it but there are things I don’t like. And yes I was a Harmonious fan, not the barges but mainly soundtrack wise.
Maybe it’s just me, or maybe it was the speakers, but I feel like the Luminius soundtrack lacks power and epicness to it if that makes sense. Like the opening music was great and my favorite, but the drums sounded weak compared to RoE. But to be fair maybe it was the speakers and area I was in which was around Port of Entry?

Unpopular opinion and I am entitled to my own opinions lol but the two original songs in the show are a challenge for me to like. I prefer catchy songs that are stuck in your head, and these are just not it, especially the finale song. Maybe it’s the way they are sung? I’m not sure.

Lastly, I feel the larger barges need to be spread out instead of being all in the center of the lagoon. Yes there are the small barges which do help but they need to be larger with more than one fountain head on them because they almost go unnoticed because of larger barges.

OSUPhantom

I’m curious in any insiders are getting further information about the guest satisfaction surveys. At least judging by how muted the criticism has been on here I’m guessing it’s being week received by guests in general as some on here have suggested they heard.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are we sure that there aren’t any projections used during the show? There were a couple times last night where I could have sworn that I saw projections on the fountains. Again, I may be crazy and could have been seeing things.
You may be seeing the lasers create a swirled plane in the smoke/mist.

Of course, if that's the case, it still doesn't discount 'crazy.'

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
That's so rare for Epcot Correct??

HEA seemed to work tonight.
I have not been around for as long as some (and certainly not paying great attention to things such as this), but I have never heard of a pyro-less EPCOT show before. Having made it most of the way through the show, it seems clear that the designers never intended this show to run without pyro.

Brian

That's so rare for Epcot Correct??

HEA seemed to work tonight.
There have been some instances in which lagoon perimeter pyro is cut, especially in weather conditions such as tonight, but I don't recall instances in which the show is presented without any pyro at all.

I'm sure guests in park tonight would much rather see something than nothing, and that wasn't an option with EPCOT Forever. Luminous has sufficient effects other than pyro to present a somewhat engaging show in the absence in pyro.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
There have been some instances in which lagoon perimeter pyro is cut, especially in weather conditions such as tonight, but I don't recall instances in which the show is presented without any pyro at all.

I'm sure guests in park tonight would much rather see something than nothing, and that wasn't an option with EPCOT Forever. Luminous has sufficient effects other than pyro to present a somewhat engaging show in the absence in pyro.
I was watching it on stream, and apparently they announced a “modified performance”. The crowds were definitely lighter than normal due to the downpour, but I have never heard a crowd after a show with absolutely no reaction. It wasn’t a quiet reaction, it was zero reaction.

Brian

I was watching it on stream, and apparently they announced a “modified performance”. The crowds were definitely lighter than normal, but I never heard a crowd after a show with absolutely no reaction. It wasn’t a quiet reaction, it was zero reaction.
I watched ResortTV's stream once you mentioned the lack of pyro, and heard a very tepid reaction at the end. The show was not designed to be presented without pyro, but it's better than no show at all.

Compare that to, for example, World of Color, which is a fountain and light show, but was designed around those elements, and you get a much better reaction.

jrhwdw

I know ROE's been canceled a couple times but that's all I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom