News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Yes still on. The show has been on a very tight timeline, and details were still being worked out fairly late into the process.

Underpromise - overdeliver is my hope. :)
From a company that devoted countless social media postings to the spiritual meaning of floor tile selection in a gift shop to basic radio silence for a marquee piece of the nighttime entertainment is not a good sign.

ToTBellHop

From a company that devoted countless social media postings to the spiritual meaning of floor tile selection in a gift shop to basic radio silence for a marquee piece of the nighttime entertainment is not a good sign.
The silence is on purpose and not because they think the product is trash. We make fun of every freakin video and then others love to start creating a narrative before something even premieres. Hell, the unscrupulous dude STILL tried to suggest the soundtrack was so dreadful that it had to be completely changed because he heard through the grapevine that there were some edits.

I wonder if they will live stream the premiere, at least.

monothingie

Premium Member
The silence is on purpose and not because they think the product is trash.
That hasn't stopped them before for shamelessly promoting their own garbage. The difference here is that since the project is still being cobbled together, they just don't have any material to showcase, other than the small snippets they have released already.

It's probably going to be just an average pyro-centric show, a little better than EF, but not as intricate and technologically involved as H!. They're going to play it safe with a formula they think will work and be cheap to operate.

JD80

You must be exhausted coming to the same website every day to whine and complain about the same thing that you hate/love.

monothingie

Premium Member
You must be exhausted coming to the same website every day to whine and complain about the same thing that you hate/love.
I'm not going to apologize for having higher standards than you. If you want to come in and go after me personally, while at the same time simping for the mediocrity that Disney is pushing, you only serve to discredit yourself.

JD80

I'm not going to apologize for having higher standards than you. If you want to come in and go after me personally, while at the same time simping for the mediocrity that Disney is pushing, you only serve to discredit yourself.

I and I'm sure countless other WDWMagic readers applaud your tireless crusade against mediocrity on the internet.

stuart

The silence is on purpose and not because they think the product is trash. We make fun of every freakin video and then others love to start creating a narrative before something even premieres. Hell, the unscrupulous dude STILL tried to suggest the soundtrack was so dreadful that it had to be completely changed because he heard through the grapevine that there were some edits.

I would hope they stream it, but if they do, hopefully less of the jump cuts that don't really let you take in the full show properly.

Also, in regards to promoting the show thus far, I dare say the overwhelmingly positive response to the first clip must have been rather pleasing.

trainplane3

Harmonious had decent push back because of the score being confirmed to just be Disney music. But once they announced the barges were going to be out there all the time, everyone thrashed it. Enchantment didn't really have many complaints until it debuted.

On the other hand, Disney is pretty bad at promoting its own stuff. The videos feel so fake and poorly written to the point it's like they don't believe in what they're making. I can't blame people for trashing them when the material is written so poorly.

I'd expect a livestream since they've done it for Epcot Forever, Harmonious, and Enchantment. But that's just me.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Harmonious had decent push back because of the score being confirmed to just be Disney music. But once they announced the barges were going to be out there all the time, everyone thrashed it. Enchantment didn't really have many complaints until it debuted.

On the other hand, Disney is pretty bad at promoting its own stuff. The videos feel so fake and poorly written to the point it's like they don't believe in what they're making. I can't blame people for trashing them when the material is written so poorly.

I'd expect a livestream since they've done it for Epcot Forever, Harmonious, and Enchantment. But that's just me.
They never did one for updated Fantasmic, WOC1 or WJ so who knows if they do a live stream, hopefully they will and there is decent audio quality so we can hear the soundtrack right.

jrhwdw

I know that this Site just loves everything TDO does..........Rollseyes...............

I did not see TC's Report and I do know that he overdoes it, Particularly on Thurs Nights. However, if the News is true that some of Luminous' Soundtrack was changed , they're must have been some problems, right?

trainplane3

They never did one for updated Fantasmic, WOC1 or WJ so who knows if they do a live stream, hopefully they will and there is decent audio quality so we can hear the soundtrack right.
I just remembered how bad the Illuminations and Epcot Forever streams were actually. Harmonious was easy to track since it was a lot of fountain based effects. But the person controlling the cameras didn't know the shows at all so there were a lot of weird angles consistently throughout.

Who knows what they'll do. If they do a stream, at least they'll probably get Mark to host so that's a big positive.

I know that this Site just loves everything TDO does..........Rollseyes...............

I did not see TC's Report and I do know that he overdoes it, Particularly on Thurs Nights. However, if the News is true that some of Luminous' Soundtrack was changed , they're must have been some problems, right?
Honestly, it was probably basic edits and a shuffle of the songs in it. They're mostly all Disney songs so they can only be written so many ways.

Vinnie Mac

The silence is because the last time they heavily promoted a nighttime show it got cancelled in less than 2 years.

On top of that positive PR was needed because of the issues and conflict leading up to its debut. Luminous's rollout has been way smoother than Harmonious rollout was.

jrhwdw

The silence is because the last time they heavily promoted a nighttime show it got cancelled in less than 2 years.

On top of that positive PR was needed because of the issues and conflict leading up to its debut. Luminous's rollout has been way smoother than Harmonious rollout was.
Only thing I'm a little worried about is I hope the Center Barge is in WSL and works the first time by December 5th....

jrhwdw

I wasn't aware you'd invented a time machine and jumped to December 5. Since you've already seen the show, do be sure to share with us the specific parts of the show that are mediocre to your so-called "standards."
So, do you believe that This Site will watch Luminous next Tuesday with completely open Hearts and Minds? And not instantly hate it????

monothingie

Premium Member
I wasn't aware you'd invented a time machine and jumped to December 5. Since you've already seen the show, do be sure to share with us the specific parts of the show that are mediocre to your so-called "standards."
Luminous: The Story of US:

Original Song Intro
IP Related Songs from 7 or 8 Properties
Original Song Finale

No groundbreaking tech like ROE (when it was new) or even Harmoanious had, No Drones, and No Upgrades to World Showcase effects.

So yeah mediocre, safe, and cheap to operate.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Luminous: The Story of US:

Original Song Intro
IP Related Songs from 7 or 8 Properties
Original Song Finale

No groundbreaking tech like ROE (when it was new) or even Harmoanious had, No Drones, and No Upgrades to World Showcase effects.

So yeah mediocre, safe, and cheap to operate.
still 2 OG songs, and leaving the lagoon mostly empty. Also the return of perimeter fireworks... seems pretty non-mediocre to me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom