News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
No groundbreaking tech like ROE (when it was new) or even Harmoanious had, No Drones, and No Upgrades to World Showcase effects.
Guess you guys will learn to keep your complaints to yourself then. You children moaned and cried about Harmonious so they went back to basics and you're still not happy. The plus side of all this unstable hatred is that there will be at least one less insufferable guests in Epcot for my trip in three weeks!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
still 2 OG songs, and leaving the lagoon mostly empty. Also the return of perimeter fireworks... seems pretty non-mediocre to me
So you're at best no better off than you were with the show you had two shows prior.

Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

monothingie

Guess you guys will learn to keep your complaints to yourself then. You children moaned and cried about Harmonious so they went back to basics and you're still not happy. The plus side of all this unstable hatred is that there will be at least one less insufferable guests in Epcot for my trip in three weeks!
When you take something excellent (ROE) and replace it with two turds, then say the third one which follows the same basic formula of the second one is going to be the bestest ever, its okay be be insufferable.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
So, do you believe that This Site will watch Luminous next Tuesday with completely open Hearts and Minds? And not instantly hate it????
The usual cry babies will sit in this thread and write 10,000 word (or whatever the limit for a post is) comments about how this show is yet another sign that TWDC is dead and dying company, how much they hate their fans, and how they cater to a demographic they hate, and screech and moan about how their lives have been utterly devastated because a multibillion dollar company didn't kiss their lips and give them the treat they think they deserved. Wash, rinse, repeat.

monothingie

The usual cry babies will sit in this thread and write 10,000 word (or whatever the limit for a post is) comments about how this show is yet another sign that TWDC is dead and dying company, how much they hate their fans, and how they cater to a demographic they hate, and screech and moan about how their lives have been utterly devastated because a multibillion dollar company didn't kiss their lips and give them the treat they think they deserved. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Just curious if you know how much did Disney write off for Harmoanious?

Disney Analyst

Complains when Disney posts too much, too early, about updates or new things. Timelines feel extra long, and Disney gives too much away.

Complain when Disney decides to not post a lot about a new offering, which ultimately makes the timeline feel quicker, and gives little away.

Complain that Disney replaced Illuminations, then complain that the newest show (which no one has seen), is not enough of a tech improvement.

A tale as old as time…

sparklejoy

Hi, I'm new here so Im sorry if this was already asked/posted, but will the songs of Luminous be released somewhere, like on Spotify? And do we already know which song(s) are performing by Katharine McPhee and/or Shelea? Do they sing more than one song each?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Hi, I'm new here so Im sorry if this was already asked/posted, but will the songs of Luminous be released somewhere, like on Spotify? And do we already know which song(s) are performing by Katharine McPhee and/or Shelea? Do they sing more than one song each?
They haven't said but I suspect the two original songs will be on Spotify, I doubt the whole soundtrack will be released.

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Thank you! So that'll basically mean both Katharine and Shelea sing a new original song, but not the already known songs? Is that how it works?
I don't know exactly how it works but I've noticed anytime they release a soundtrack from a fireworks show the show is always music that's not directly from the movies, for example in the CD of Once upon a time (Tokyo version) "I see the light" is a cover while in the show it's the version from the movie. They released all of Harmonious but again, those were all different versions. And Wishes and Fantasmic (OG). I suspect updated DHS Fantasmic didn't get a soundtrack release because of this. Although they never officially released Epcot Forever despite it being all new versions of those songs.

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

Luminous: The Story of US:

Original Song Intro
IP Related Songs from 7 or 8 Properties
Original Song Finale

No groundbreaking tech like ROE (when it was new) or even Harmoanious had, No Drones, and No Upgrades to World Showcase effects.

So yeah mediocre, safe, and cheap to operate.
Mind you, this forum was begging for a traditional simple replacement to Harmonious from the day it debuted

TTA94

I don't know exactly how it works but I've noticed anytime they release a soundtrack from a fireworks show the show is always music that's not directly from the movies, for example in the CD of Once upon a time (Tokyo version) "I see the light" is a cover while in the show it's the version from the movie. They released all of Harmonious but again, those were all different versions. And Wishes and Fantasmic (OG). I suspect updated DHS Fantasmic didn't get a soundtrack release because of this. Although they never officially released Epcot Forever despite it being all new versions of those songs.

Hopefully the songs will also be different versions and they will release the full soundtrack like they did with Harmonious. But I don’t think we know yet if the songs will be singing or just instrumental except for the two original songs.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Hopefully the songs will also be different versions and they will release the full soundtrack like they did with Harmonious. But I don’t think we know yet if the songs will be singing or just instrumental except for the two original songs.
They're using "Friend Like Me" and I don't think they've ever used a cover of that song in a nighttime show. Steve Davison seems to be the main creative behind this and definitely likes to use that song, and like I stated before only uses the Robin Williams version. God help us if they use the Will Smith version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom