News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

THEMEPARKPIONEER

All that happened with Spectro is it didn't get the TLC and the Referb that was planned.... Makes me wonder what's going on with MSEP/PTN right now..........

MSEP wasn't a cut in 1999 since Spectro returned in 2001. And I don't believe MK was saving any money in 2010 when we had MSEP and 180 Prim. Fireworks every night that Summer. I'm not going to lie, what happened after 2010 for Spectro is Tragic. But, I don't believe that was MK's Real Plan on IOA's Potter Opening Day. And MSEP did have a Successful Run until Oct 2016. We all know what happened after that......HEA was and still is Brillant, but it should be able oto work with a Light Parade!!!

How are we so sure ROE Returning will be Epcot's next step if Luminous Bombs?? I have not seen one Insider saying ROE is still in Epcot's Office!!

Luminous won't bomb and illuminations won't return. Anyone who listens to the reasons for harmonious' failure will understand that they've eliminated those issues.
Speaking in a busyness sense Luminous which appears to be a good show and ROE which is more than return worthy they have 2 options now. Magic Kingdom is going to use enchantment after hours with Happily ever after. With this hardware if they could bring back the globe barge they could easily use ROE for extra magic hours or for a seasonal return and swap bringing in large crowds and revenue for ROE and a return for Luminous.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
After seeing the hardware in person, I think this show will look very impressive with the lights and fountains. The photos make them look much smaller than the actual size. I'm very curious to see what all the smaller barges look like with all the pyro from inside the park.

stuart

After seeing the hardware in person, I think this show will look very impressive with the lights and fountains. The photos make them look much smaller than the actual size. I'm very curious to see what all the smaller barges look like with all the pyro from inside the park.
I can only go by the photos and concept art, but I like the look of the fireworks / fountains which go outward towards the viewing guest, rather than merely aimed towards the centre of the lagoon.

I think that could give a neat effect and make the show appear on a grander scale and make full use of the lagoon. Much in the way that a low/eye-level use of drones around the perimiter would achieve that, with pyro and fountains in the centre behind.

On the subject of which, I also think the art showing the centre piece is a deliberately vague blur of light with no real detail - not a bad thing at all if that's to mask a surprise and reveal during the show.

jrhwdw

Speaking in a busyness sense Luminous which appears to be a good show and ROE which is more than return worthy they have 2 options now. Magic Kingdom is going to use enchantment after hours with Happily ever after. With this hardware if they could bring back the globe barge they could easily use ROE for extra magic hours or for a seasonal return and swap bringing in large crowds and revenue for ROE and a return for Luminous.
Oh I know ROE is Return Worthy. I'm just questioning whether ROE's Plans are within reach like HEA, or in the Dumpster, never to be thought of or seen again.

DAH's ROE would sell faster than DAH's DE I'll admit.

If we could talk Epcot into ROE & POE for the Holidays....I'm In!!!!!!!!! While I'm at it, HEA taking a Break and returning Wishes WITH Castle Dream Lights next Holiday Season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!...... :)

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Oh I know ROE is Return Worthy. I'm just questioning whether ROE's Plans are within reach like HEA, or in the Dumpster, never to be thought of or seen again.

DAH's ROE would sell faster than DAH's DE I'll admit.

If we could talk Epcot into ROE & POE for the Holidays....I'm In!!!!!!!!! While I'm at it, HEA taking a Break and returning Wishes WITH Castle Dream Lights next Holiday Season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!...... :)
They were so stupid not using wishes for EMH, not only does it cost less to operate people would flock to the park to see it. I’d even return to the Magic Kingdom just to see that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom