News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It isn't just the number of pyros it is also the size, type and color. The majority of the shells I saw were cheap white shells. You generally have shells that range in price from $50 to $5,000.... I saw a lot of 50 dollar shells and not much else. So I would suspect this was a very cheap show from a pyro side.
I’m not looking to argue here but are you sure you were looking at the right video? I saw some of the best pyro come off those barges in that test out of any other nighttime show. I understand the white shells but I saw no less color in these than we did in the past and some of the large ones were impressive for a small space like that.

thomas998

I’m not looking to argue here but are you sure you were looking at the right video? I saw some of the best pyro come off those barges in that test out of any other nighttime show. I understand the white shells but I saw no less color in these than we did in the past and some of the large ones were impressive for a small space like that.
I'm not simply trying to compare this to Harmonious, I'm comparing it too Disney night time displays in general. They had some mid size shells, but I don't think I can recall any large shells, or novelty shells where for example you see a shell burst into lots of little rockets. The shells were overall below what I would see in my town annual 4th of July show and it has never been considered anything spectacular.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I'm not simply trying to compare this to Harmonious, I'm comparing it to Disney night time displays in general. They had some mid size shells, but I don't think I can recall any large shells, or novelty shells where for example you see a shell burst into lots of little rockets. The shells were overall below what I would see in my town annual 4th of July show and it has never been considered anything spectacular.
Agreed 100% but for Epcot I thought they were rather large. In an open area, or even up closer to the shells the fireworks will always look smaller rather than watching farther with an obstruction in view of the launch site. I’ve never seen the fireworks from that spot in person so if they look smaller to you than normal from there, I see what you’re talking about. If you stand in areas with trees or with the island in view even if it isn’t blocking the view and back a bit from the guard rail, the fireworks look allot bigger as to where in the front they look downright puny. If they’re not launching the shells from that location they may be smaller or faster burning like ROE because those launch sites have tight fallout zoning. If they’re launching from the main barges there’s less fallout unlike the ones further out to the wide parts of the lake launching toward the center. I’m not justifying am I know they’re cheap.

Last edited:

TTA94

I think at this point they really don’t care about that. It’s just about getting everything ready. Marketing and PR may think differently.

Have you heard if they are on track or still a tight schedule? We still haven’t seen the center barge yet.

trainplane3

I'd really like to hear the internal talks on this show. They have to know this show needs to be a hit after the flop of Harmonious, right? I don't think they can afford any pyro cuts. This thing will probably need all the wow factor in the world to ensure people come to Epcot at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom