News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

fgmnt

Only fans read DPB. They put Cosmic Rewind and TRON commercial in movie theaters. They don’t do that for new fireworks. And I love fireworks. But the type of crowd that knows or cares about a new show is rather niche-y.
While it was not a new thing, I think the 2022 return of Fantasmic is a good recent analog. You got a post on socials like a month before opening and then they just opened the dang thing. I would love the extent of Luminous promo to be similarly muted: give us like 10 seconds of the barges coming out from backstage and a sting from some original song. Or nothing. I think I would prefer nothing.

jrhwdw

While it was not a new thing, I think the 2022 return of Fantasmic is a good recent analog. You got a post on socials like a month before opening and then they just opened the dang thing. I would love the extent of Luminous promo to be similarly muted: give us like 10 seconds of the barges coming out from backstage and a sting from some original song. Or nothing. I think I would prefer nothing.
Barges coming out of Backstage has nothing to do with the actual Show..

osian

Barges coming out of Backstage has nothing to do with the actual Show..
I think they mean as a sort of teaser campaign, I see what they're getting at. Like seeing a band walking from their dressing rooms to the stage. I don't think they meant that the barges were part of the show that is going to be previewed in the video.

jrhwdw

I think they mean as a sort of teaser campaign, I see what they're getting at. Like seeing a band walking from their dressing rooms to the stage. I don't think they meant that the barges were part of the show that is going to be previewed in the video.
I can see that. Also, it probably would put Guests' Minds at ease that Epcot is back to their Backstage standard that changed with Harm,,,

TTA94

I wonder what’s going on with the center barge? It’s not even backstage yet. You’d think they will need it soon for testing.

Disone

If that’s the case then I can say DE got more crowds than HEA at the Grand Floridian lol.
That result for crowds watching fireworks at the Grand Floridian between the two shows is net zero. Neither a surge nor a drop.
Sounds like those people were the type of basic guest with zero taste or any lick of intelligence.
lol. The Grand Floridian, where the SeaWorld crowd that can't afford a ticket goes to watch the fireworks 🙂
I understand they went to Narcoossee’s to complain that 1900 Park Fare is still closed so this checks out.
Well originally they went to Citricoos but it was a Monday so there was no one there to complain to. 🤓

Vinnie Mac

See if Disney was still COOL they'd do a millenium celebration type commercial for the new era of Epcot with the opening of World Celebration. Show some cinematic aerial shots of WC, some dramatic shots of the water features in Journey of Water, quick clips of Cosmic Rewind, a little clip of Space 220 and then at the very end have some of the instrumentals from the Luminous soundtrack play while showing 3 seconds of the pyro, lighting and fountains going off all at once.

Vinnie Mac

I admittedly just don't have the temerity to pull the post I thought you made long-ago about it, but I feel like your tune has changed on this since it was announced?
He's always been positive about it. He said a year ago he felt good about it. Only negative statement he's made was regarding whatever special surprise was supposed to come with the show (which sounded like it would have been drones) not being greenlit anymore. Other than that response to updates from the show has consistently been positive on this thread

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom