News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

aladdin2007

I hope they keep to songs representing the nations of WS. Let’s see Coco, Frozen (we don’t have a night show with Let it Go currently,) Mulan, Lion King, Tangled, Pinocchio, PatF or Toy Story, Aladdin, Hunchback or Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins or Pooh or Alice, and Brother Bear. Make some connection to Epcot. Harmonious biggest flaw was a lack of connection to the park.
that just sounds like harmonious again

TTA94

I wonder how high those fountains will shoot? The Harmonious ones didn’t go very high. But those were also huge barges lol.

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

All these barges is good because one of the weaknesses of Harmonious for me was the lack of coverage on the lagoon of launching sites. You had the tacos, the stargate, and that about was it. Now you're gonna have 6 big barges with 4 mini barges inside each of those for a total of 30 barges.

TTA94

The only thing I’m not sure of is the lack of some type of projections or screen in the show. Even RoE had the globe. I had thought if EF had projections or something it would have helped the show a lot and also filled in the more awkward moments.

jrhwdw

The only thing I’m not sure of is the lack of some type of projections or screen in the show. Even RoE had the globe. I had thought if EF had projections or something it would have helped the show a lot and also filled in the more awkward moments.
Before ROE, IllumiNations had next to nothing in terms of Projections.

Richie248

Go the Distance/How Far Ill Go was kind of the best musical string of that show. I think those were the two songs blended in the same segment if I'm remembering right?
It was a great arrangement and a beautiful opening to the show! Wouldn't be mad if it found it's way into Luminous (unlikely).

osian

Well...

I think that large LED screens and projections can be overdone. They're very in-your-face and bright...I see there has also been some criticism of the brightness of the SSE lights now and I thought, yeah, I think I noticed that when I was there, over the other side of the lagoon from SSE, it just looks too much and overpowering that actual building.

For these fireworks shows, nothing beats physical effects, like the pyro, the fountains, they're all around and are 3D and physical. Not like a TV screen in the middle of the room. And that goes for attractions too! Step back a little on the screens and projections I say. As you imply, they're an easy get-out clause when they run out of ideas.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Which is odd because I believe @wdwmagic said a few times this show was going to be a lot more simple than Harmonious.
I was referring more to Harmonious having a large amount of moving pieces. The moving arms and the sheer amount of fountains, lights and projection systems. It was a hugely complex show. Luminous is much more of a traditional firework show. A good thing IMO.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, I do realise, thank you.

Examples of songs from the Disney Songbook that do have a connection to the park could be "Listen to the Land", "Destiny", "Tomorrows Child", also music from Awesome Planet and others, and yes, "One Little Spark".
An instrumental version of 'Destiny' would be the only version of that song I can stomach. Her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. She forced some those notes and it's just ... bad.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How quickly people forget that concept art cannot and should not be trusted. Or has the lesson of the HarmODIOUS barges disappearing behind fountains of water been forgotten?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom