News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

pdude81

I do agree the focus should not be, once again, put on a MK nighttime show. While I can’t say it’s true I believe they decided to replace Wishes with a more advanced show (HEA) instead of replacing MSEP. HEA proved to be extremely popular and pleased the vast majority of guests, so they were successful at brushing a nighttime parade under the rug. WDW fans didn’t and haven’t forgotten a nighttime parade but those once in a lifetime and average guests that WDW caters to could care a less if there is a light parade or not and are very satisfied with HEA being the one and only ending to a “Magical day at the MK”.
They could dust off an old favorite and say *You are the Electrical Light Parade*.

Just you and a few hundred of your (physically) closest friends can be a part of the a new offering. March of the Magic Band Plus (glowsticks and other blinky things available for a fee).

UNCgolf

The soundtrack evoked more emotions than HEA. You Are the Magic felt like it actually was a Disney song more than just a random song they found that had the words Happily Ever After tied in. From the show perspective, even with a smaller budget than HEA, it was still more visually impressive on the firework front. Obviously, HEA was given some creative liberties not allowed to Enchantment, but I still thought it was a worthy successor.

Fact is, most people's view of DE is skewed by its lackluster beginning before they added in Walt and Roy and the historical things at the beginning. Could it have been a better show? Sure. But nostalgia of HEA hits hard in people's perceptions of the two shows.

I'm not sure about that -- I'm not a very big fan of HEA (did not care that they were replacing it) but I thought it was significantly better than Enchantment. Enchantment just feels like random stuff tossed together.

bmr1591

I'm not sure about that -- I'm not a very big fan of HEA but I thought it was significantly better than Enchantment. Enchantment just feels like random stuff tossed together.

I think the severe upgrade in show quality from Wishes to HEA with projection mapping and all really holds a place in a lot of people's hearts. It doesn't matter what you put out there, it'll never touch their heartstrings like HEA. It's the same reason people on here still wish they'd bring back the falling apart Main Street Electrical Parade or Illuminations. Were they good shows? Sure. But a lot of love for them stems from how groundbreaking they were at release and the memories of those beginnings.

pdude81

Like, "Oh, wow!" or "Oh...wow." ? Lol

We should be hearing something official pretty soon.

Seems to me like it'll be an
surprised oh my GIF

James J

In the Parks
No
The soundtrack evoked more emotions than HEA. You Are the Magic felt like it actually was a Disney song more than just a random song they found that had the words Happily Ever After tied in. From the show perspective, even with a smaller budget than HEA, it was still more visually impressive on the firework front. Obviously, HEA was given some creative liberties not allowed to Enchantment, but I still thought it was a worthy successor.

Fact is, most people's view of DE is skewed by its lackluster beginning before they added in Walt and Roy and the historical things at the beginning. Could it have been a better show? Sure. But nostalgia of HEA hits hard in people's perceptions of the two shows.
To me it is very much the opposite. HEA is full of emotion, whereas Enchantment left me feeling pretty much nothing. Our next trip to WDW isn't until November 2024, so they better not mess around again and do anything with HEA...

MTBaymax

I’ll give you your point on ”You are the Magic“ - it very much is an earworm. But given that the HEA theme song was imported and reworked from Hong Kong for nighttime show consumption, I would hardly call it a random song. (The same songwriters [who wrote the original AND reworked it] also gave us Live the Magic, so make with that what you will).

That aside, Enchantment‘s failure is, it’s just not balanced the way many Disney shows usually are, HEA notwithstanding. Pyro is too much in some places, not enough in others (hence that puny finale), and certainly oddly placed; we see so many of the same characters, we overlook the deep cuts that were placed; unknown vocalists and no familiar character voices aside from 11th hour Mickey. I could go on for days. And I will say, even though YAtM’s reprise is good, it feels odd, not just because the finale doesn’t feel earned, but because it goes so long that having it end the way it does feels hollow.

I really was rooting for this show to succeed, like many others here. Honestly hoping it would bring the heat like HEA did. Unfortunately, it just came off as a rinse and repeat. Walt, Roy, and Mickey saved it, as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom