News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

James Alucobond

It appears there is one spot light and one fountain per barge. There is also a space in the middle for another possible 'element'.

The boxes on each may hold pyro.
Might be that they were also originally intended to carry out drone elements if they were part of the plan before getting cut.

TTA94

The first two seem to have taken ~3 weeks to build and the second two another ~3 weeks. Fittings and whatnot aside, all six should be lagoon-worthy in a few weeks if they keep pace.

Hopefully they keep up the pace. That’s a lot of assembly.

Once these barges are completed I wonder if everything will be ready for programming and testing.

TTA94

It appears there is one spot light and one fountain per barge. There is also a space in the middle for another possible 'element'.

The boxes on each may hold pyro.

Is that a fountain or flame thrower?

The center would be ideal for drones lol. Highly highly unlikely I know.

trainplane3

Someone drew up a possible layout:

Which does match up nicely with:

Edit: Just realized something. The small black barges look like they'll nest themselves within the new blue barges. When they move the blue barges out, the black ones will come out with them. Then once blues are docked, they can hook up to the black ones and pull them out like how they move them before and after Epcot Forever. If that's the case, that should be pretty nice for ops.

Looks like I got it spot on with the nesting idea.

TTA94

I’m curious how their going to create the heart in
the concept art lol. Heart fireworks have been done before but this is different and appears to be low.

jrhwdw

Since this is taking time..........Maybe Epcot will miss the 100th Timeline and we'll get a more IllumiNations style Show??

You would think if it's a 100th Show, the Deadline would have to be Sep 22nd, the day Disney 100 comes to Epcot.....

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
That can't be the real plan.....................Is it Steve?????
Snap Out Of It Wake Up GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Of course it's not the real plan. Disney wants nothing more than to memory hole everything to do with Harmonious.

OSUPhantom

Watch them do exactly this. New hardware and choreo but the same soundtrack as Harm.
I think the information provided has hinted that won’t be the case. The official statement has been “feature an original composition and evocative selections from the Disney songbook”. Composition to me is different than just a song, I read that as an original score with bits of well known melodies from Disney songs tied in. I could be wrong and maybe they went in a different direction…

TTA94

Its going to be more like HEA & Wonderous I'm guessing, it's supposed to have a new theme song.

I’m thinking more like WoC One. Regardless some will Still consider it a “castle park” show like did with Harmonious lol. The only way around that would be a instrumental soundtrack like RoE. Instrumental Can be good but its also not everyone’s cup of tea and can be boring to some, so there might be a mixed camp if they go that route with the soundtrack.

Squishy

I’m thinking more like WoC One. Regardless some will Still consider it a “castle park” show like did with Harmonious lol. The only way around that would be a instrumental soundtrack like RoE. Instrumental Can be good but its also not everyone’s cup of tea and can be boring to some, so there might be a mixed camp if they go that route with the soundtrack.
Nah not enough fountains for it to be anything like WoC, it's basically Harmonious + HEA - Projections = New Epcot show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom