News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Epcot82Guy

I’m thinking more like WoC One. Regardless some will Still consider it a “castle park” show like did with Harmonious lol. The only way around that would be a instrumental soundtrack like RoE. Instrumental Can be good but its also not everyone’s cup of tea and can be boring to some, so there might be a mixed camp if they go that route with the soundtrack.

True. But, you will now have 4 of those types of shows and 0 of the others.

It will definitely happen - but your argument just as easily supports doing something different vs. yet another remixed Disney animated film catalogue show.

TDLFan

Now the question remains, will any or how many of the songs from Harmonious be used in this show...or are they REALLY going to try and distance themselves...

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I know this is off topic and I could be wrong I’ve been studying the equipment and the concept art. It appears that the centerpiece is going to be one big fountain with those cheese barges sitting close at the center platform creating one big centerpiece fountain. I’ve also looked at all those small burney style barges that have a single spotlight which will also probably house pyro but if you look at some it appears that they maybe have some fountain heads as well. This could be pretty technically interesting. When I was in Florida they were testing spotlights that were from neither Epcot forever or Harmonious. The main ones were shooting straight up as well as the center ones which were in a perfect circle that neither the rooftops or harmonious could achieve I also seen laser effects that were pretty awesome and they were testing pyro. I’m thinking it was those small barges and I think they have been testing and syncing this before the completion of the main barges. Now to be rational they very well could have been testing these affects in an Epcot Forever test.

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

When I was in Florida they were testing spotlights that were from neither Epcot forever or Harmonious. The main ones were shooting straight up as well as the center ones which were in a perfect circle that neither the rooftops or harmonious could achieve I also seen laser effects that were pretty awesome and they were testing pyro. I’m thinking it was those small barges and I think they have been testing and syncing this before the completion of the main barges.
Ooo it's getting real! Did the pyro seem unique at all or no?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Ooo it's getting real! Did the pyro seem unique at all or no?
I did not see much pyro, I only heard it. The laser effects tho from Orange Lake made me almost myself. Allot of classic beam effects towards the end. I thought maybe it was harmonious at first but the spotlight effects which were breathtaking were unrecognizable and in such a wide circle within the rooftop ones that I couldn’t make out how they were doing it, now that I see these small barges it has got to be this show plus the choreography towards the finale had no resemblance at all to Epcot Forever or Harmonious. I will say the fireworks sure did sound good. There was a real quiet part with no pyro with a barrage of laser effects in the sky which made me think at first it was Epcot forever. From what I saw it was looking mighty fine to me.

Last edited:

TTA94

I did not see much pyro, I only heard it. The laser effects tho from Orange Lake made me almost myself. Allot of classic beam effects towards the end. I thought maybe it was harmonious at first but the spotlight effects which were breathtaking were unrecognizable and in such a wide circle within the rooftop ones that I couldn’t make out how they were doing it, now that I see these small barges it has got to be this show plus the choreography towards the finale had no resemblance at all to Epcot Forever or Harmonious. I will say the fireworks sure did sound good. There was a real quiet part with no pyro with a barrage of laser effects in the sky which made me think at first it was Epcot forever. From what I saw it was looking mighty fine to me.

Wow, So they have been testing the new show already and we didn’t know about it?? They really have been sneaky haven’t they! Lol.

Somewhat odd though nobody from nearby hotels, houses or apartments have caught this. Many had their eyes glued to the sky nightly for any signs of them testing Harmonious lol.

If what your saying really is testing for the new show then perhaps they have recorded segments that they will reveal with the next announcement?

Last edited:

Richie248

Somewhat odd though nobody from nearby hotels, houses or apartments have caught this. Many had their eyes glued to the sky nightly for any signs of them testing Harmonious lol.
Yeah, seems strange there were no other reports. Also, don't they notify hotel guests of late night testing? I also thought we were waiting on another barge?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Wow, So they have been testing the new show already and we didn’t know about it?? They really have been sneaky haven’t they! Lol.

If what your saying really is testing for the new show then perhaps they have recorded segments that they will reveal with the next announcement?
I wish I didn’t say anything, I don’t know what this test was for but I wrote it off as an Epcot Forever test at the time. This was the last week in march. There was no warning or announcement for testing at any park which was strange because I dug for info to see what I was looking at. Around 12 at night I heard fireworks and I saw a whole lot of lasers. I saw the rooftop spotlights shooting straight up standing still but then another row of spotlights straight up making a very wide circle, something the harmonious hardware would not be able to achieve. This choreography did not belong to harmonious or Epcot Forever and the positioning was something I’ve never seen before. It could very well be they tested this hardware and choreography in an unannounced Epcot Forever test. But when I saw this new hardware the only way I can rule out these affects is they had those barges set up.

SoFloMagic

I wish I didn’t say anything, I don’t know what this test was for but I wrote it off as an Epcot Forever test at the time. This was the last week in march. There was no warning or announcement for testing at any park which was strange because I dug for info to see what I was looking at. Around 12 at night I heard fireworks and I saw a whole lot of lasers. I saw the rooftop spotlights shooting straight up standing still but then another row of spotlights straight up making a very wide circle, something the harmonious hardware would not be able to achieve. This choreography did not belong to harmonious or Epcot Forever and the positioning was something I’ve never seen before. It could very well be they tested this hardware and choreography in an unannounced Epcot Forever test. But when I saw this new hardware the only way I can rule out these affects is they had those barges set up.
I don't think these barges were on site in March

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom