News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

CVF

I have a feeling illuminations will be back in the future. I also feel Disney should be able to come up with a strong storyline related to unity and coming together (examples of that throughout the world) that can could really work for Epcot. I’m concerned this new show wont have much of a story again…

Kamikaze

I have a feeling illuminations will be back in the future. I also feel Disney should be able to come up with a strong storyline related to unity and coming together (examples of that throughout the world) that can could really work for Epcot. I’m concerned this new show wont have much of a story again…
Hard to do Illuminations without the globe.

jrhwdw

I think you can read quite a bit into the vague opening timeframe. I think the best bet here is for them to take the time to get it right. They have an interim show playing, which buys time. I think Nov might be optimistic at this point.
Too bad they didn't do that with Harm.......

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think you can read quite a bit into the vague opening timeframe. I think the best bet here is for them to take the time to get it right. They have an interim show playing, which buys time. I think Nov might be optimistic at this point.
Ok, going in November, haven't seen Epcot Forever in person excited to see it at least once.
Good observation. I've stopped calling it temporary, and refer to it as "interim" now. Wouldn't be surprised it comes back for another run in the future.
With the new hardware going in and out of the lagoon wouldn't they just re program the hardware with no need for Epcot forever?

jrhwdw

I'm wondering if EPCOT will go more like what we see at Disneyland with frequently changing shows. We'll see what happens.
Other than Mix Magic, DL doesn't have the bad PR to change shows....they do that, just because. Is Epcot really looking at that?

If Epcot wants too...I would do the New Show till F&W(except July 4th), EF for F&W since it goes over Epcot's Birthday. Then, ROE for July 4th and Candlelight with POE! Along with NYE!

Last edited:

OSUPhantom

Good observation. I've stopped calling it temporary, and refer to it as "interim" now. Wouldn't be surprised it comes back for another run in the future.
I’d like to hope that this new show is popular enough to have staying power but I guess there’s no reason they can’t do different shows if the hardware is designed to be usable by different shows.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wish they’d just design platforms with new tech and effects and continue to use illuminations music

TTA94

So I’m guessing their plan for 2024 is to push nighttime entertainment with Epcots new show and a parade for MK? Maybe the parade for MK is happening to prevent guests from choosing Epcot at night instead of MK?

MagicHappens1971

So I’m guessing their plan for 2024 is to push nighttime entertainment with Epcots new show and a parade for MK? Maybe the parade for MK is happening to prevent guests from choosing Epcot at night instead of MK?
Disney wants the crowds spread out. Aside from budgetary “constraints”, one of the rumored reasons for no nighttime parade is that they don’t want to deal with the crowd control for a parade + fireworks.

TTA94

Since it seems all but confirmed that details for this new show will be revealed at Destination D23, I wonder if they might do a brief after hours testing of at least one of the barges to capture some live footage for a presentation instead of just new concept art? It would be awesome to if they do what they did for Wonderous Journeys announcement and debuted the theme song.

mattpeto

Attachments

• IMG_5965.jpeg
    IMG_5965.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 172

Bocabear

Worked for Me......

Zzzzzzz.... We all know a new fireworks show is coming...and we all know they are going to over-hype it as usual....
How much money would they be able to put back into the attractions and shows budget if they lost half the marketing budget?
There is enough free social media from creating photo worthy attractions that would drive attendance better than a breathless description of flooring tiles or over-selling a new show or meet and greet...

jrhwdw

Zzzzzzz.... We all know a new fireworks show is coming...and we all know they are going to over-hype it as usual....
How much money would they be able to put back into the attractions and shows budget if they lost half the marketing budget?
There is enough free social media from creating photo worthy attractions that would drive attendance better than a breathless description of flooring tiles or over-selling a new show or meet and greet...
I don't think HEA was over-hyped? If anything, the HEA Hype didn't start untl after the first Test from the Contemp. which looked stunning!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom