News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I can’t help but think what the heck they’re going with all those piling. The center dock being there makes me think it’s going to be used again. I can’t picture or imagine what this show will be like. Harmonious we knew about 3 years out.

FutureCEO

I can’t help but think what the heck they’re going with all those piling. The center dock being there makes me think it’s going to be used again. I can’t picture or imagine what this show will be like. Harmonious we knew about 3 years out.

Disney's new sales pitch: Imagine what this show would be like. Think of the money saved not building it.

TheMaxRebo

You’d think they could do rivers of light tech. Moving floats with lights and water fountains in addition to lights and fireworks. Too much money I guess

WS Lagoon is a lot larger than the one used for Rivers of Light so would need a lot more and probably different scale

Not saying the couldn't do it but would have to take a different approach

TDLFan

Curious if the show is already completed (score, narration recorded) and they're just waiting to get into Epcot to start programming, or is that still being adjusted in the studio. I would think that work would already be done considered they're aiming to open in 2 months.

TTA94

Going on a rant here but IMO this new show better have a killer soundtrack and impressive fireworks because it’s already sounding like a disappointment. I do hopeI’ll be very wrong but not holding my breath. If I am right in my thinking and this show is garbage hopefully there was enough people, of importance, who saw Harmonius and will complain this new show is not visually impressive and is a big downgrade. Yes they’ll be happy it’s a 360 show, but won’t be happy it’s not as visually impressive. Those in charge should have designed a show that is both 360 And visually impressive 🤦‍♂️ this isn’t a difficult concept. It screams cheapness and I hope it shows and backfires.

TheMaxRebo

Going on a rant here but IMO this new show better have a killer soundtrack and impressive fireworks because it’s already sounding like a disappointment. I do hopeI’ll be very wrong but not holding my breath. If I am right in my thinking and this show is garbage hopefully there was enough people, of importance, who saw Harmonius and will complain this new show is not visually impressive and is a big downgrade. Yes they’ll be happy it’s a 360 show, but won’t be happy it’s not as visually impressive. Those in charge should have designed a show that is both 360 And visually impressive 🤦‍♂️ this isn’t a difficult concept. It screams cheapness and I hope it shows and backfires.

I don't disagree - but also can see that if they spent $150m on the last show that only made it like a year they aren't going to go nuts now and definitely the heard from guests (and from dining operators) that new show needs to be 360 view and the lagoon needs to be clear during the day, so that is the big elements going for

I definitely hope that at least the original theme they are creating for it is good and memorable

Wow that’s very disappointing. I’m probably among the very few that likes fountain’s but it’s crazy why they wont have them in the new show. The least they could have done was have non moving fountain heads like ROE.
He didn't say that from what he's aware of that there were zero water effects. He says that he's fairly certain there's no major water effects. I read his comment as there could be something water related just nothing notable enough to write home about as it relates to water effects... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
This show better have an amazing score and a lot of fireworks, other wise I fear Epcot Forever will be back in another year.
Andre 3000 GIF

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
There's a lot of panicking and meltdowns over a show with very little info, rightfully so given Disney's track record lately. But, take it from me, it's just not worth stressing and risking a heart attack over a fireworks show (or anything really).

Okay, now I sound like my husband when he sees me getting worked up over something outside my control 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom