News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

trainplane3

Honestly, Harm! would still be running IMO if they would have spent the money to make it to where they could have moved the equipment in and out of the lagoon.

I think I remember someone saying that Ops was worried about the time it would take to move it all in place and that it would disrupt traffic flow in WS for too long based on the speed and size of the equipment.
45 minutes on a good day to move it out to the lagoon was the quoted time from here. Closing off a major pathway for that long isn't acceptable. A widened gap and bridge expansion should've been part of the cost to increase the amount of wiggle room and thus a quicker turn around time.

Well the $150M spent on Harmonious was meant to give EPCOT the blockbuster show for the next 10+ years. Once that decision was made RoE was history.
I want this new show to be good but I'm going to laugh if Epcot Forever returns again in two years. I really do wonder what's going on right now. If WS restaurants complain about lack of guests again, will they dump this show too?

jrhwdw

45 minutes on a good day to move it out to the lagoon was the quoted time from here. Closing off a major pathway for that long isn't acceptable. A widened gap and bridge expansion should've been part of the cost to increase the amount of wiggle room and thus a quicker turn around time.

I want this new show to be good but I'm going to laugh if Epcot Forever returns again in two years. I really do wonder what's going on right now. If WS restaurants complain about lack of guests again, will they dump this show too?
How much time did it take for ROE to move into WSL every day? Or, was the Bride only up for the Earth Globe and everything else fit underneath the Bridge?

Epcot82Guy

How much time did it take for ROE to move into WSL every day? Or, was the Bride only up for the Earth Globe and everything else fit underneath the Bridge?
Assuming everything went to plan, approximately 10 minutes for the barges and Earth Globe from bridge up to bridge down if memory serves.

EDIT: I just watched some videos on YouTube. It looks like about 5 minutes from bridge going up to back down. Then add a few minutes to get everyone off the bridges, gates put out, gates reopened, etc. So, about 8-10 minutes start to finish. (They also had some facts about the barges that spieled for people waiting.)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

World Showcase Lagoon firework platform construction - July 19 2023​

HarmonioUS_Full_52247.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_52249.jpg

TTA94

I’m not to fan of this new show being just fireworks and some lighting like EF, but I will say if it will be heavier on fireworks like the seasonal tags or close to it on a nightly basis, that would be pretty awesome.

jrhwdw

I’m not to fan of this new show being just fireworks and some lighting like EF, but I will say if it will be heavier on fireworks like the seasonal tags or close to it on a nightly basis, that would be pretty awesome.
I would go for that.....as long as Epcot keeps July 4th/NYE Tags!

JoeCamel

Once they get all the bottle rockets loaded in all those tubes it will be quite the show......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom