News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

Interesting Tweets.................

Is WSL turning into a Construction site?? Instead of installing a new show???????

Maybe people complained too much about the Tacos/Stargate???????

^ Sorry, been one of those days..........

mattpeto

Is WSL turning into a Construction site?? Instead of installing a new show???????

I don’t know but I’m getting more intrigued they actually have a plan.

TTA94

This show looks more in the early construction stages, not a show that’s “supposed” to debut in a couple months.

trainplane3

People complained about the old show infrastructure so this is what we're getting. They're avoiding another mess again.

stuart

Construction may be very well ramping up, and seems to be moving faster than we'd think.
They seem to be working long hours, as most nights we were sitting for Epcot Forever over the last fortnight, the large red crane back stage was being used.

TheMaxRebo

Maybe that’s the new feature in the night show instead of drones….bees!
cage-nicolas (1).gif

PaulZ

We are on a 10 day Orlando/6 days of which is Disney trip. Yesterday was Epcot which is my favorite park. That’s the first time I’ve seen Epcot Forever in person. Seen it many times on live vlog streams. Last time we had gone to Epcot which was last April, none of us cared to stay for Harmonious. Having seen EF, I’d be fine if this was the permanent show and it stayed for several years. It was awesome to experience live.

WorldExplorer

I would be really curious to see whatever information they have on how many people watch Epcot Forever and if they have any way of polling how many people watching actually know any of what's in the show (at least to get a rough idea of percentages, obviously they're not asking everyone).

If people are willing to show up in droves for a show featuring a ton of songs they don't recognize that seems like a glaring bit of evidence against the inevitable IP shoehorning that'll happen in whatever the new show is.

(Not that logic matters at all in Epcot.)

stuart

We are on a 10 day Orlando/6 days of which is Disney trip. Yesterday was Epcot which is my favorite park. That’s the first time I’ve seen Epcot Forever in person. Seen it many times on live vlog streams. Last time we had gone to Epcot which was last April, none of us cared to stay for Harmonious. Having seen EF, I’d be fine if this was the permanent show and it stayed for several years. It was awesome to experience live.

We were much the same on our two weeks just there.

I remember watching Epcot Forever initially on Youtube and wasn't taken with it.

Last year with Harmonious, online and then in person, we really didn't think that much of it - apart from the ending. I was being objective, taking it on merit, than a mind made up it wasn't RoE so writing it off.

I thought my mum and sister may have liked it more, but as they picked up on, no story, flow, odd animation type, just clipped together.

Ahead of this trip, I had said they may not 'get' it with some of the old attraction music, they may have forgotten from our first trips. We all loved it.

It didn't have to be big and flashy as Harmonious; as mum said, it was good music and fireworks that went really well together. She has said a few times since, 'why can't they just keep that show?'

TTA94

I guess I was right that the new show won’t be ready in a couple months. Of course there is the chance they did not want to include the new show in with the 100th announcement as it’s supposed to be more permanent.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I guess I was right that the new show won’t be ready in a couple months. Of course there is the chance they did not want to include the new show in with the 100th announcement as it’s supposed to be more permanent.
There is still uncertainty on when it will be ready, which is why it wasn't included in the announcement. The intention is for it be ready for the 100.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

There is still uncertainty on when it will be ready, which is why it was included in the announcement. The intention is for it be ready for the 100.
If Sep 22 is still on the table, we would have to hear about testing soon right? Is WSL getting any more effects or will the replacement just be like EF 2023? Would be nice if Lights and Fountains returned to WSL!.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom