News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

RSoxNo1

It doesn't make money when you have 1/3 of the park close at dark, because the animals don't cooperate or the attractions don't draw people at night (Kali River Rapids). The Safari ride alone is incredibly expensive to run. Take out the Lion King and Nemo which will not run past late afternoon, and what do you have left? Pandora, Everest, and Dinosaur. They need at least 4 more D/E ticket attractions to make the park a viable morning to night park.
Agreed, even if they do Zootopia and a 7-10 minute Moana flume with a spinner the park is still in desperate need of family friendly additions. I still maintain that a variant of Mystic Manor, perhaps with a SEA member that's a zoologist or something would be a great addition.

James Alucobond

I watched that video of fountain of nations and again I'm left thinking it is difficult to make as bad as decisions as Disney seem too. I'm at the point now feeling they are not trying to improve the parks. It is like they are actively trying to make them worse.
How quickly people forget what a dumpster fire Electric Umbrella, Mouse Gear, Innoventions, and the hub were at the end of their life. The work they do may be misguided, but they are not trying to make the facilities and attractions on offer worse.

Squishy

Any clue what these are? I was thinking it's for those spotlights or led globes that are supposed to be scattered in the lagoon based off the concept art however they seem to have some sort of cages on them or something.
1688761840404.png

1688761993646.png

RSoxNo1

How quickly people forget what a dumpster fire Electric Umbrella, Mouse Gear, Innoventions, and the hub were at the end of their life. The work they do may be misguided, but they are not trying to make the facilities and attractions on offer worse.
Exactly. I'm not 100% sold on the Connections and Creations aesthetic, but the entirety of the area will be a massive visual improvement over the last 20+ years of Future World.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
It's the base for the even larger Stargate barge. It will transform and have a hologram of Iger while paying Fox IP music. All while a new animatronic Josh D from Parks sits in a row boat following tow. No fireworks, just lasers off of mounted old laserdiscs placed around the lagoon. New speakers from 6 Dell computers will play 486 modem sounds.

You know, more Disney, still cheap.

Ayla

Aerial photos of work happening backstage via Bioreconstruct.

I know nothing about fireworks (literally) but is it possible those black boxes could be where the fireworks are loaded/launched? I'm unable to zoom in, so if it is obvious they are tables/chairs, ignore me!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I know nothing about fireworks (literally) but is it possible those black boxes could be where the fireworks are loaded/launched? I'm unable to zoom in, so if it is obvious they are tables/chairs, ignore me!
Sure doesn’t look like table and chairs to me but who knows

trainplane3

16 is a lot for pyro barges
Well RoE had a lot of pyro but they were built into the fountain barges. If RoE didn't have it's large equipment and had smaller spaced out barges, it probably would've looked like that. Plus it had small barges as well. If this is to be a full featured night show then this looks right for full pyro.

Squishy

Well RoE had a lot of pyro but they were built into the fountain barges. If RoE didn't have it's large equipment and had smaller spaced out barges, it probably would've looked like that. Plus it had small barges as well. If this is to be a full featured night show then this looks right for full pyro.
The current barges they have are enough to fit a full show + tag like NYE or 4th of july which have a good amount of finale pyro. There is no reason for them to upgrade to something bigger. They still have space on the existing ones, this was the setup for one of the close proximity barges during harmonious.
1688774135594.png

I could see them add maybe 6-8 more to fill in the gap between the center and outer close proximity barges but 16? Unless they plan on replacing all the barges all together but pretty sure the close proximity ones were new for Epcot Forever.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Exactly. I'm not 100% sold on the Connections and Creations aesthetic, but the entirety of the area will be a massive visual improvement over the last 20+ years of Future World.
I just miss a large scale fountain (but FoN definitely needed work). The rest is certainly an improvement. And with festivals north of 300 days per year, they need the dedicated space for them, too. Putting them inside Canada and the American Adventure is unacceptable.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was thinking similar, whatever is going there looks like it's going to be big so hopefully it'll be below the waterline and raise up for shows. I've lost a lot of faith in Imagineering but with all the Harmonious backlash they can't possibly be dense enough to permanently dock another eyesore in the lagoon again, can they?
even if they built a cascading platform I’d be ok with that but id rather them be submerged like Bellagio. That would be awesome if they had a fountain like that with frequent shows but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom