News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

osian

Something I always wanted to know but was afraid to ask...

What is a fireworks "tag"?

I understand it's a special show to commemorate an event, but why is it called a "tag"?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they float a giant lit-up meatball around the lagoon and play That's Amore while we all drink wine and sing along...I'm in.

It was just announced...

1688662725186.png

Vegas Disney Fan

Looks to me like they could be adding permanent fountains, if I’m looking at it right it also looks like the back may be left open for barge access.

I was thinking similar, whatever is going there looks like it's going to be big so hopefully it'll be below the waterline and raise up for shows. I've lost a lot of faith in Imagineering but with all the Harmonious backlash they can't possibly be dense enough to permanently dock another eyesore in the lagoon again, can they?

TTA94

I was thinking similar, whatever is going there looks like it's going to be big so hopefully it'll be below the waterline and raise up for shows. I've lost a lot of faith in Imagineering but with all the Harmonious backlash they can't possibly be dense enough to permanently dock another eyesore in the lagoon again, can they?

Ive been visioning a permanent flat deck type thing with fountains and a few other show equipment. Not sure exactly what the poles are there for but Im pretty sure they will be cut down to about water level.

jrhwdw

I wouldn't mind if the Harm Daytime Fountains Idea came back! Maybe it could work with SSE outside of the Nighttime Spectacular?

dreday3

Pigeon Forge (by Dollywood) has like an entertainment complex with a pond that has dancing fountains. I was watching a video and people just wait for the show, like at the Bellagio and everyone seems to enjoy.

It's a dated concept yet still really draws in the crowds. I think a fountain show during the day set to music could be fun. Run it a few times a day.

TheMaxRebo

Pigeon Forge (by Dollywood) has like an entertainment complex with a pond that has dancing fountains. I was watching a video and people just wait for the show, like at the Bellagio and everyone seems to enjoy.

It's a dated concept yet still really draws in the crowds. I think a fountain show during the day set to music could be fun. Run it a few times a day.

yeah, that is at the Island shopping area - we were there last summer. It really does get significant crowds around it - they have rocking chairs set up so folks will just hang out there for like hours waiting for the show

That area also has a ride (individual purchase) that is as steampunk version of Soarin' (made by the same people that were behind the ride at Disney) that is pretty fun

TheMaxRebo

100% this. The smart money says that Harmonious will absolutely turn out to be the better show. But we'll have much better sight lines with this new show during the rest of the day.

The one element I am looking forward to with the new show is that they said it will have an original song/theme for it. I do think that is something that was missing from Harmonius, that original piece that was connective tissue throughout the show

but does seem like the new show won't be as impressive as elements of Harmonius were

dreday3

yeah, that is at the Island shopping area - we were there last summer. It really does get significant crowds around it - they have rocking chairs set up so folks will just hang out there for like hours waiting for the show

That area also has a ride (individual purchase) that is as steampunk version of Soarin' (made by the same people that were behind the ride at Disney) that is pretty fun

Have you done the Jurassic Boat Ride? You've got to if you haven't. :D

TheMaxRebo

Have you done the Jurassic Boat Ride? You've got to if you haven't. :D

we thought about it but opted not too - partly due to the price to have all 5 of us in the family do it

I did do with a couple of my kids the Earthquake ride that is on the strip in Gatlinburg, and THAT is an experience ... not necessarily a good experience but it's something

dreday3

we thought about it but opted not too - partly due to the price to have all 5 of us in the family do it

I did do with a couple of my kids the Earthquake ride that is on the strip in Gatlinburg, and THAT is an experience ... not necessarily a good experience but it's something

I would classify the boat ride as the same type of experience. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom