News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

What if they used this in the new show? The ending of it sure sounds like it could be used in a nighttime show maybe as the finale. It is for the 100th and so is the new show 🤔. Not a bad version of the song at all but, you know, it’s not MK we’re talking about 🙄.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

This has to be included in the new show.

Timeless Disney.

Judge Judy Do Not Want GIF

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I imagine anything that Disney does not directly own is being cut... Whether that is a large price or a small price...

Things like Earth to Ned and Jeff... I can see how over time that stuff can add up. Or a Disney movie that still has to pay for the rights for a song they don't own or something like that.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
If this was quietly being done because they want people to forget harmonious was a thing that’s one thing. But this is part of a large set of cuts that has been bragged about as part of a plan to shareholders. It’s very disheartening.

I am sure that this is being removed because the show is being abandoned. It can’t be for a cost savings because it’s not like they’d owe residuals on that to the actors since there aren’t any.

TrainsOfDisney

I am sure that this is being removed because the show is being abandoned. It can’t be for a cost savings because it’s not like they’d owe residuals on that to the actors since there aren’t any.
The CFO said it was cost savings along with other titles that are leaving Disney+ including entire series that were created specifically for the platform.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The CFO said it was cost savings along with other titles that are leaving Disney+ including entire series that were created specifically for the platform.

The cuts in general were cost savings. I imagine them cutting H was a convenient add in to this just to make it go away. If the show was still running they wouldn’t have cut it.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
There are performers but the music composers who all get residuals plus Idina Menzel hosted it probably gets some
Ah - I’ve never watched it and just assumed it was a general narration and a lot of imagineers with the show. Spoke out of turn. My bad.

csmat99

If this was quietly being done because they want people to forget harmonious was a thing that’s one thing. But this is part of a large set of cuts that has been bragged about as part of a plan to shareholders. It’s very disheartening.
It's exactly why they are cutting it. It was horrible show that never should have been approved not even counting ruining the sitelines. And this isn't that much of cost cutting move. they owned it and are not paying royalties out like they are for a show like willow. So yea this was all about erasing a mistake. Now just wish they do right thing and bring back the show that never should have left.

csmat99

There are performers but the music composers who all get residuals plus Idina Menzel hosted it probably gets some
Those residuals are pennies compared to show like willow or a show that was inherited. Idina isn't get much for hosting that. If the show was good and actually still playing there is no way they are cutting it. For example Disney Epcot was still selling CD's that 3/4 was a show they stopped 19 years before. Why? because it was damn good and people wanted to hear it again.

mattpeto

It's exactly why they are cutting it. It was horrible show that never should have been approved not even counting ruining the sitelines. And this isn't that much of cost cutting move. they owned it and are not paying royalties out like they are for a show like willow. So yea this was all about erasing a mistake. Now just wish they do right thing and bring back the show that never should have left.
You hated it, many did here.

But you are another person ignoring @lentesta’s guest reviews provided many times here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom