News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

I wonder if we should still be expecting to see this new show this fall? Or maybe it’ll get pushed to next year so it’ll give them something to promote for entertainment in 2024. Which so far that we know of there isn’t anything else in the works for entertainment next year.

Might also be better for them to spend more time on this show and do it right.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
People complained so much about Harmonious but I guarantee people's minds would be blown if Universal or a regional theme park produced it.

Disney's "mediocre" would be another park's masterpiece
Indeed. But other parks wouldn’t dump it in a World showcase.
this show deserved so much better i swear man
Epcot deserved so much better.

yensidtlaw1969

People complained so much about Harmonious but I guarantee people's minds would be blown if Universal or a regional theme park produced it.

Disney's "mediocre" would be another park's masterpiece
If my local regional park produced Stitch’s Great Escape I’d be impressed.

If a local teen wrote Scuttle’s new song in The Little Mermaid I’d be impressed.

But when you’re on the world stage purporting to be world-class you have to hit a higher bar than that. The Harmonius team had everything they needed to hit a home run and yet there were still major issues.

BubbaisSleep

If a local teen wrote Scuttle’s new song in The Little Mermaid I’d be impressed.

But when you’re on the world stage purporting to be world-class you have to hit a higher bar than that. The Harmonius team had everything they needed to hit a home run and yet there were still major issues.
It doesn’t help that this isn’t their first major nighttime production that got scrapped early in life. There’s a whole empty amphitheater at another park and I know that gorgeous setting wasn’t made to view jet skis all day.

jrhwdw

I wonder if we should still be expecting to see this new show this fall? Or maybe it’ll get pushed to next year so it’ll give them something to promote for entertainment in 2024. Which so far that we know of there isn’t anything else in the works for entertainment next year.

Might also be better for them to spend more time on this show and do it right.
There is that night parade rumor......Or is that DOA for the umpteenth time?

Vinnie Mac

My point stands regardless.

TTA94

There is that night parade rumor......Or is that DOA for the umpteenth time?

I think it’s dead again. No doubt the rumors will surface once again just before Destination D23, but the outcome will likely be no parade news whatsoever or MSEP or PTN for DL.

doctornick

I'm surprised they don't push to have a night parade AND new Epcot show for THIS year. There's literally nothing on the horizon for the resort accept for Moana's tree trail, and we're still in May.
Well they had Tron this year plus the return of HEA and will have the new Epcot show and JoW. They probably view that as “enough” for 2023.

The issue is 2024 and it sounded like a night parade for WDW was at least one thing that was going to be used for promotions. I would also think that a new DAK show would be an obvious other choice if they wanted “something”.

jrhwdw

Well they had Tron this year plus the return of HEA and will have the new Epcot show and JoW. They probably view that as “enough” for 2023.

The issue is 2024 and it sounded like a night parade for WDW was at least one thing that was going to be used for promotions. I would also think that a new DAK show would be an obvious other choice if they wanted “something”.
Wonder how far along Epcot is for the new show......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom