News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

dreday3

There are some very talented people working on it, and I am sure it will be a great firework show. However, it is not going to be the massive and complex spectacle that Harmonious was. It will be interested to see how it is received and how it will shape things going forward.

If they get the music right, I don't personally think they need all the hoopla. It was the music that gave such emotion to Illuminations, which was basically just a great fireworks show. I know it's not supposed to be an original score (I think), but maybe they can still give us something wonderful.

TTA94

There are some very talented people working on it, and I am sure it will be a great firework show. However, it is not going to be the massive and complex spectacle that Harmonious was. It will be interested to see how it is received and how it will shape things going forward.

Can you tell us if there is going to be fountains?

Vinnie Mac

This does give me hope. I guess i'm just a little disappointed about the fact that Disney probably won't do anything as ambitious (technologically speaking) as Harmonious for a very long time.

I won't be as disappointed if the show itself ends up being really good. I trust Disney to make it work

TTA94

Meanwhile over at USO I see they are removing the fountain platform for their nighttime show. Which is a shame because that show was the closest thing Orlando had to WoC.

Are they perhaps rebuilding it?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Meanwhile over at USO I see they are removing the fountain platform for their nighttime show. Which is a shame because that show was the closest thing Orlando had to WoC.

They announced they're putting a completely different show in, they were testing drones a few months ago

jrhwdw

Has the People been around for a long time, Pre Harm????
Agreed!

ROE was not exactly complex and neither was illuminations '88...but both were light years ahead of harmonious. Not just for the blocked daytime views...but also for the music and fitting the park. I LOVED in the original illuminations where each country would light up individually when classical music from that country played. ROE still is an Epic soundtrack. Adding "tentacles" surrounded by tacos doesn't make a show better :)
They weren't EF either.......

Like the Best Show USF ever Had???????? If it's not getting rebuilt........Of course USF is removing it!!!!! We don't even know if USF is even aiming for this Summer.....

Would be nice to see if USF is Serious about Nighttime Spectaculars, after the quick canning of CineCele and a 2017 MK Show Still looking at Perfection!!!!!(As weird as that sounds after the 50th.......) Weird meaning: MK needed HEA back after the 50th/DE.

As for SeaWorld, Ignite is Back this Summer! As Expected.

OSUPhantom

I think everyone is happy with the eyesores being gone, I say this as something who liked the show a lot.

Visually the mix of water, lasers, and fireworks was impressive and I hope the new show tries to use those elements as well. Pyro obviously will be the main part but when a show combines those elements it really results in something special. Illuminations had these although I always had difficulty seeing the fountains given the distance. I’m not sure what platforms/systems they are building but I hope they offer something impressive alongside the pyro.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Is this going to be another year without the Peace on Earth holiday tag? Anyone know if that tag is dead?
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned way back when ROE ended that the Peace on Earth tag ended as well. I distinctly recall seeing promo materials on the Epcot times guide in 2018 noting that this was your last season to experience the "glittering holiday finale."

TheMaxRebo

If they get the music right, I don't personally think they need all the hoopla. It was the music that gave such emotion to Illuminations, which was basically just a great fireworks show. I know it's not supposed to be an original score (I think), but maybe they can still give us something wonderful.

I thought it was to have an original and new theme that would flow through the show but then IP songs throughout as well, so not an entire score or anything, but at least that one new original theme that is something Harmonius lacked

jrhwdw

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned way back when ROE ended that the Peace on Earth tag ended as well. I distinctly recall seeing promo materials on the Epcot times guide in 2018 noting that this was your last season to experience the "glittering holiday finale."
I took it as it was ROE's last Christmas.....

I haven.t seen anything, from Insiders or DPB, that POE and Oct 1st Tags are Really Gone..........

Of course, Harm blew the 40th..................

At least Epcot is staying true to July 4th/NYE. The Real Replacement should be Tag Friendly! Hopefully TDO is thinking of that!......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom