News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

ToTBellHop

On a Tuesday.
That’s why you need to bury the ashes. I don’t care if a taco is burnt,
1681745042694.gif

I need the remains entirely gone so I’m not tempted.

TheMaxRebo

I think many would be surprised how many Iger fingerprints are on things people don’t like who think they are all Chapeks fault

Oh yeah, everything wrong with the parks was Chapek's fault when he was head of the parks, not Iger's .... But also his fault when he was CEO and not d'Amaro's

donaldtoo

This speaks to a larger issue of Disney fans who are just flat out ignorant in regards to how the company and even more specifically how the parks are ran.

Yep, I posted a long time ago that Iger conveniently stepped down to set Chapek up for the fall he saw coming, only to step back in right in time to “save the day” as the “savior”. Iger is nastier than Chapek ever was, by far.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Oh yeah, everything wrong with the parks was Chapek's fault when he was head of the parks, not Iger's .... But also his fault when he was CEO and not d'Amaro's
Yes but many of the things people complain about or have problems with initiated under Iger (even if they happened during Chapek’s time)

Plus I’m not sure how much Iger fully let go of the strings when he was still there on board as a puppeteer with Chapek as CEO

MagicHappens1971

But it was 100% Chapek's idea as confirmed by the literal producers of the time. Iger aint much better for approving it but the creative concept of this show was conceived by Chapek
I really liked Harmonious. If it wasn’t for the ginormous hardware that was in the lagoon all day, and the fact that you had to be in a really good spot for a good view. A show on the lagoon should be more accessible

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I really liked Harmonious. If it wasn’t for the ginormous hardware that was in the lagoon all day, and the fact that you had to be in a really good spot for a good view. A show on the lagoon should be more accessible

That's funny. Disney has done quite a bit to "make the shows more accessible" in all the parks, but then the show designers focus their efforts in narrow view cones.

Vinnie Mac

For what it's worth I absolutely loved Harmonious and it hurts that it's only getting a fraction of the run it could have had. I do think "everybody loves Disney music" as a concept is pretty shallow and mildly disingenuous (compared to Illuminations) when discussing concepts for a new epcot show.

jinx8402

Oh this is coming out very quickly. Saw Epcot Forever in Nov 2019, Caught it again in Aug 2021 but this time almost all the hardware for Harmonious was on stage, taunting me with how much of daytime nuisance it was. While bummed I will be seeing Epcot Forever a 3rd time this Aug, at least the views will be normal again.

UNCgolf

I had kind of forget just how great the view across the lagoon to the America pavilion was, wow.

It was such a dumb decision. Not only were the barges hideous on their own, but the pavilions were designed to be viewed across the lagoon. Even if the water fountains had worked to hide the barges (which was never going to happen), they still would have partially blocked the intended views.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom