News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Vegas Disney Fan

I thought it was LED panels with some custom ones for the curvature? Either way, I don’t care. I just want those monstrosities gone.

Likely a few thousand 2’x2’ panels, I work a concert venue in Vegas and have watched stage crews install and uninstall video screens hundreds of times, and it’s shocking how quickly they can do it. Even the curve around the top is likely standard sized panels, just partially covered by the frame.

They all plug directly into each other too so there’s not much wiring required (relatively speaking).

The panels should be easy to repurpose, they could maybe even resell the barges, but I bet most is likely heading to a recycling center.

Po'Rich

What's really sad is they probably could have repurposed the stargate (sans fireworks) to Animal Kingdom as a more reliable projection than the water jets. The way the seats are set in AK, I don't think there'd be such an issue with viewing the projections. Of course, they'd have to bring back a nighttime show to Animal Kingdom . . .

MagicHappens1971

What's really sad is they probably could have repurposed the stargate (sans fireworks) to Animal Kingdom as a more reliable projection than the water jets. The way the seats are set in AK, I don't think there'd be such an issue with viewing the projections. Of course, they'd have to bring back a nighttime show to Animal Kingdom . . .
I doubt it would've even been worth it to do that. They can probably write these off as a loss. Cheaper to not repurpose them probably.

TTA94

The best idea for DAK would be to use the bottom half’s of these barges and put fountain heads, etc all over them. Im guessing the flat barge with show equipment thing is somewhat the plan for Epcots new show?

MagicHappens1971

The best idea for DAK would be to use the bottom half’s of these barges and put fountain heads, etc all over them. Im guessing that’s somewhat the plan for Epcots new show?
I don’t think that’s the plan for the Epcot show. Don’t know any insider info, but I’m pretty sure these badges are being completely demolished, not repurposed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom