News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

ToTBellHop

I will give Iger a compliment where due. The Harmonious marketing team produced my 2021 Valentine’s Day card to my wife, which was a big time saver. Just a quick CTRL+P

1681911729766.png

Thank you, Bob!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
I donno, I think it is a pretty sad sight. Yes they were a mess in the lagoon in the daytime, but there was a huge amount of effort put into getting these working by a lot of dedicated people. To see it go without being reused and scrapped after such a short time is a shame.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I donno, I think it is a pretty sad sight. Yes they were a mess in the lagoon in the daytime, but there was a huge amount of effort put into getting these working by a lot of dedicated people. To see it go without being reused and scrapped after such a short time is a shame.
On the bright side... they probably won't need to buy any new strobes, spotlights, or fountain heads for a long time :D

hpyhnt 1000

Indeed. So much time, effort, and resources wasted on this show. Hopefully lessons were learned and will be institutionally remembered.

That said, good riddance to all of it. The “mistake on the lake” was still a mistake even if not intended to be.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Indeed. So much time, effort, and resources wasted on this show. Hopefully lessons were learned and will be institutionally remembered.

That said, good riddance to all of it. The “mistake on the lake” was still a mistake even if not intended to be.
I have a feeling though that the lesson learned will not be a positive thing for us fans. I think we will see much simpler, far less ambitious shows in the style of EPCOT Forever, and anything more will be viewed as too risky and expensive.

jrhwdw

I have a feeling though that the lesson learned will not be a positive thing for us fans. I think we will see much simpler, far less ambitious shows in the style of EPCOT Forever, and anything more will be viewed as too risky and expensive.
Hopefully the Fountains will return for future shows!

gerarar

Premium Member
They should ship those fountain heads to Disneyland because their Fantasmic! really needs it.

Pretty sad state of things show-wise over there..

hpyhnt 1000

You’re probably right, though if it means oil rigs are never again anchored in WSL, that’s fine with me. Honestly, some modest fountain barges and a slightly healthier pyro budget and EPCOT Forever would be a very solid permanent show.

I suppose real time proof of this misguided lesson is the mess of EPCOT’s core. Another instance of much time and money spent on a questionable project. And now yet more time and effort being taken to rebuild a smaller, inferior version of what we had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom