EPCOT's Future World to become Discoveryland on October 1??

KentB3

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but which browing through Jim Hill Media.com news archives, I ran across an article which states that EPCOT's Future World is going to be renamed Discoveryland, which is also the name used for Disneyland Paris' slightly modified version of Tomorrowland. Could someone here fill me in a little about this, whether this is true or not? There have been so many rumors about future developments for WDW, it's hard to know WHO to believe! :confused:

Here is a link to the article: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=332

FigmentJedi

No, Project Gemini was mostly scrapped. And you can't take Jim Hill's predictions for granted. Only his history articles are truly worth reading.

TinkerBell9988

That whole renaming of Future World thing was part of Project Gemini, which was not carried out (thank goodness!)... So I really do not believe that we will be seeing a change to Future World's name anytime soon. :D

imagineer boy

First off, don't rely on Jim Hill when it comes to rumors. Also, if they ever do turn the name of Future World to Discoveryland, I'd perfer that the name would be "Discovery World." That technically would make more sense. Discovery does kind of reflect the current theme of the area rather than focusing on the future.

CaptainMichael

Discovery World: YES, Future World: NO

I'm all for a change in the future; however, Jim Hill doesn't know anything, but he does have a nice delusional imagination.

flscooman

3 things that will get instant response on this site.
1. Anything to do with Jim Hill
2. Harry potter ride
3. Monorail expansion
:lol:

Brent

flscooman said:
2. Harry potter ride
3. Monorail expansion
Did someone say Jim Hill? What does he know...NOTHING!!
A Harry Potter ride yippie when does it open & will I be able to meet & greet w/ Harry,Ron,ect.
Yes the monorail is expanding to go to all the resorts & the new Harry Potter themed 5th park.

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun
But you didn't hear it from me. :p

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
wasnt Jim Hill the first to break the news that the monorail was being given a new loop out via the AK and AKL and the monorail was being designed as the Hogwarts express. He also said that a branch line was being put in ready for the new 5th gate which was a park featuring all the classic attractions from the history of Disney like Horizons and a relocated CoP. The loop is expected to skirt around the back of the park so its likely some further themeing to the rear of EE will have to take place.:lookaroun

Horizons1

Pumbas Nakasak said:
wasnt Jim Hill the first to break the news that the monorail was being given a new loop out via the AK and AKL and the monorail was being designed as the Hogwarts express. He also said that a branch line was being put in ready for the new 5th gate which was a park featuring all the classic attractions from the history of Disney like Horizons and a relocated CoP. The loop is expected to skirt around the back of the park so its likely some further themeing to the rear of EE will have to take place.:lookaroun

A MonoYeti perhaps?

wired

flscooman said:
2. Harry potter ride
3. Monorail expansion
STR8FAN2005 said:
4. 5th Gate
5. Carousel of Progress Closing
6. Everest

So what your saying is that when Jim Hill writes about a 5th Gate built around Harry Potter, that will be the first park since Epcot to get a Monorail expansion, which is said to be build right behind Everest.

Is:
A. Just a Rumor?
B. Will get a people to comment about it here?

PS: Did I forget to let you know, that if and when the article is written, it will include the Closing of Carousel of Progress.

I don't know, Jim Hill has someone on the inside, he has to, where else would he get information like that.... :p

wired

Bluewaves

Well didn't you know that Jim Hill posted that a Harry Potter ride will be built and the Monorail expansion will be to service just it.

By the way I just made that up completely just having fun. So no telling me I didn't really quote a certain moron.

Didn't we go through this a few years ago? I hate when old rumors "resurface"...it's just so boring. What was determined with that whole Project Gemini thing? Was it an actual idea that got scrapped, or just a "figment of someone's imagination"?

CaptainMichael

TheDisneyBoy said:
What was determined with that whole Project Gemini thing? Was it an actual idea that got scrapped, or just a "figment of someone's imagination"?
From what I understand, it was an acutal idea that people added some fantasy to. From it, we get Soarin'.

dandaman

Take anything you hear or see from Jim Hill with a grain of salt. (Sometimes, a whole salt bucket is required.) :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom