Epcot's Continued Sad Condition

Cesar R M

I was so disheartened with EPCOT on our trip in Sept...and it is really my favorite park. Water features turned off, maintenance issues, poor housekeeping on rides and generally lax attention to details. All that coupled with empty unused spaces and increasing ticket prices have changed our plans for next year where we were going to do a week in a park view room at the Contemporary (lifelong bucket list wish)...now booked in Aruba for July.
weird, we went in september-october and we didn't see much housekeeping issues, everything was very clean..
we didn't noticed much people neither drunk..but agree.. no music in the fountain... but it was working fine.. the spaceship earth was packed.. same with most of the asian zones (china and japan were packed)

but then, there weren't that many people that day in general (as to compare with.. magic kingdom)..

You got a lot of nerve going and actually enjoying it. What is wrong with you anyway?

its a conspiracy!

Yes there is life outside the World of Disney and this year I am planning to see it in Las Vegas and New Orleans!

Until the new Mine Coaster and other additions are made (Disney Springs, Morocco's new Restaurant, Imagination gets an imagination et al) I don't think I will be back for awhile.

Edit: To include all of the empty buildings around property!

See you in the World in 2015 :D maybe?!?o_O

2015??!! o_O

This makes me sad :cry:

real mad hatter

First off I don't go looking for flaws at the parks when I'm vacationing there. I enjoy what it is entertainment. Now that my kids are grown (they both love WDW) I find myself planning much longer gaps between vacations there.
I would rather spend my week vacation at the adult pool on deck 8 of the Magic. Where my only worry is weather Baboo will bring me another Vodka cranberry before I finish the one I'm working on. Not weather I'll make my ADR's or FP+ reservations on time.

If the current condition of the parks bothers some of you so much why do you keep going back for more?
In the quote from Meatloaf " You took the words right outa my mouth.";)

real mad hatter

Yes there is life outside the World of Disney and this year I am planning to see it in Las Vegas and New Orleans!

Until the new Mine Coaster and other additions are made (Disney Springs, Morocco's new Restaurant, Imagination gets an imagination et al) I don't think I will be back for awhile.

Edit: To include all of the empty buildings around property!

See you in the World in 2015 :D maybe?!?o_O
Yeh..Maybe see you in 2015 also...You'll recognise me...I'am the one with a huge grin on my face...:D..Enjoying the magic...:joyfull:

jdmdisney99

I never experienced the amazing, original incarnation of EPCOT Center, and I have enjoyed my recent visits to Epcot. I enjoy Imagination, Mission: Space, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Test Track and Soarin' (not so much Innoventions and The Seas), but this is only because that is what I was first introduced to. They are all good rides, but I didn't know of the breathtaking ones that stood previously. I now realize the true potential Epcot has, and what it was, and what it could be. I still enjoy myself, but now there is always a critical part of me that wishes it was the back to the best days of EPCOT Center. :(

real mad hatter

Dude, you know I used to "see the magic" everywhere. Before your time, as you said. Now its sporadic amongst a sea of mediocrity.

I just so wish I could take you back 20 years. I'd even pay you in!
Fair Doo..;)..Then I hope you find a new magic place my friend...20 years ago, I never knew such a happy place existed..May your future vacations bring lots of good times..

CP_alum08

Agreed, anyone know the best place to voice our concerns? Its so sad compared to what it once was.
Yes, stop going. Seriously. The ONLY way they will get the message is if attendance starts to drop. You can go and complain all you want but hitting them in their wallets is what is going to make their eyes open.

Expo_Seeker40

....annnnnnnd that's why I chose not to renew my WDW AP toward the end of 2010 and went to Disneyland Paris instead with an AP and got to see it throughout the seasons and see the higher level of quality and magic a Disney resort is capable of....sort of how WDW had those high standards they held themselves to until the early 2000s. Now I'm planning my first trip to Disneyland in 2014 rather than spend more $ at WDW.

I used to have pixie dust in my eyes and visit only WDW many years in a row, but when you get lucky enough to meet the Spirit and ride PoTC with him after he complains about the food at the MK, points out all the broken effects on POTC, and then watch the MSEP break down right in front of you later that night, you begin to realize how stale WDW has become. Oh..and then you go to Universal and SeaWorld and see how much better they have become in the last few years. It really opens your eyes.

The Spirit and I and others don't hate WDW, we hate what management has allowed it to become because we know and lived through what it used to be.

EPCOT Center was marvelous in the sense that it opened as the Space Shuttle was making it's early flights, we had major advancements in communications technology, and were slowly climbing out of the cold war and a recession. It was 1982, but much of the world was trying.

The problem IMO, was that future world had too many omnimover attractions, and world showcase never got half of the attractions in additional countries it had proposed.

Epcot was getting pretty good with a balance of new and old in the 90s, but now look at it.

Leave a Legacy has become faded and chipped and cracked on many monuments. Numerous flowerbeds are overgrown and unkept. Innoventions Plaza is a mish-mash of things from the mid 90s, and Millenium celebration. Ellen's Energy Adventure is from 1996, Wonders of Life is closed. Mission Space is well..interesting. Test Track 2.0 is great for future world and has that EPCOT Center edutainment and thrill combined. Imagination....need I say more. Soarin' is still playing a film about California which is scratched and dusty. Circle of life and Living with the Land are from the mid 90s. The Seas with Nemo and Friends is basically just for kids. World Showcase is beyond stale. IllumiNations is from 1999 or 2000.

The park has so much potential and instead has become a cash cow for the same old events with slightly different booths and topiaries it offers each year and gets people stuffed and drunk. That's Epcot today, had much of the management that died over years that built EPCOT Center, see Epcot today, they'd be mortified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom