Epcot's Continued Sad Condition

StarWarsGirl

Epcot does need help; I agree. Epcot's high point is the food. My plan for it next trip is to spend our time at Epcot in the evenings because the food is better than at the other parks and the selection of interesting stuff to do is better at other parks. We're basically planning to do Epcot's big stuff at night (Soarin' basically).

I was never that enthralled with Innoventions. Technology changes too rapidly these days. I used to like that robot thing where you would race a robot of your design and then build one at the end...that was awesome and they took it out. I rarely go in Innoventions.

luv

I don't know how long this has been going on, because I'm so rarely at rope drops, lol, but they were playing very bad, teeny-bopper-type pop music at the gates at opening. I was really wondering where the wonderful, uplifting, grand Epcot music was.

I'm not a good enough fan to know what it is called, but that music is, to me, a big part of entering Epcot. If they had to change it, they should have stuck with something awesome and not kiddie bop. IMO.

real mad hatter

You got a lot of nerve going and actually enjoying it. What is wrong with you anyway?
:(...Yeh...Your right...Gonna get me a sad face T- Shirt for my next vacation...Doom and Gloom..:depressed:...I understand what others are saying...I'am just back from Spain..My last and only visit to Spain was way back in 1983.. It felt like Spain..It tasted like Spain..Now it's so commercial, I thought I was in the UK with English bars and restaurants...:eek:....So yes, I do understand where other people are coming from, but I reckon it will take more than a lightbulb not working to dampen my excitement...;)

epcotisbest

:(...Yeh...Your right...Gonna get me a sad face T- Shirt for my next vacation...Doom and Gloom..:depressed:...I understand what others are saying...I'am just back from Spain..My last and only visit to Spain was way back in 1983.. It felt like Spain..It tasted like Spain..Now it's so commercial, I thought I was in the UK with English bars and restaurants...:eek:....So yes, I do understand where other people are coming from, but I reckon it will take more than a lightbulb not working to dampen my excitement...;)
Well in Sept. there were some insects flying around.
Truth is, I first went to Epcot in 1983 and it was spectacular. Still enjoy it now, but there have been lots of changes...most not good changes.
Well I never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music.

real mad hatter

Truth is, I first went to Epcot in 1983 and it was spectacular. Still enjoy it now, but there have been lots of changes...most not good changes.
Yeh..Love the Spanish Lady Gaga at our hotel..Very Spanish..:mad:...Flying insects eh!...:cautious:...Animatronics I say..Like I said...I suppose I'am new to all the magic...So I do understand people's rants about things needing looking into..

StarWarsGirl

Did they run into you? Those were lovebugs and they come out every year in September (my parents have talked about them when they used to go in September). So that's been going on for a while. Disney has bugs occasionally (get the pun? Dumb? Okay, moving on...), but usually by the time I come around again, they've been fixed. Except for the honey bee issue, though that has been improving.
Yeh..Love the Spanish Lady Gaga at our hotel..Very Spanish..:mad:...Flying insects eh!...:cautious:...Animatronics I say..Like I said...I suppose I'am new to all the magic...So I do understand people's rants about things needing looking into..
I was watching a Food Network show shot in Spain with Gordon Ramsy and was appalled at how everyone was pronouncing Paella. Including the locals. It's pronounced Paeya, not pa-ela. I think my Spanish one teacher (who is Castillian) would be horrified. If she already isn't. Still, I really want to go to Spain.

epcotisbest

Did they run into you? Those were lovebugs and they come out every year in September (my parents have talked about them when they used to go in September). So that's been going on for a while. Disney has bugs occasionally (get the pun? Dumb? Okay, moving on...), but usually by the time I come around again, they've been fixed. Except for the honey bee issue, though that has been improving.

Disney has bugs occasionally...too funny! Yes, we went during the fall lovebugs incursion. Drove. Let't just say splatter.
Having been to Epcot when Horizons, World of Motion, JII 1.0 and more was there, it has declined from its peak, but we still enjoy it and it is still my favorite park. So much more to it than just rides.

StarWarsGirl

Disney has bugs occasionally...too funny! Yes, we went during the fall lovebugs incursion. Drove. Let't just say splatter.
Having been to Epcot when Horizons, World of Motion, JII 1.0 and more was there, it has declined from its peak, but we still enjoy it and it is still my favorite park. So much more to it than just rides.
Glad someone appreciates my dumb sense of humor!;)

There's definitely more to it than just rides. I don't remember Horizons or World of Motion (if I even went on them). My complain with it right now derives from Mission: Space (compared to Star Tours...it needs help) and Test Track. Test Track looks awesome, but I don't get why they couldn't make it look awesome and do the whole design your vehicle thing while taking you across bumpy roads and the hot cold chambers. Now you're looking at a bunch of lights. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore. I'll go on it if my friend wants to in January. Mission: Space is alright, but it's declining looks-wise, is a known headache trigger for me, and I hate that pressure feeling during take off. I do the less intense version sometimes, but usually making the "I should go to the bathroom" excuse is better for not letting my group force me on it. Next trip we're probably just going to do it in the evenings seeing as how I've got dinner over there a lot. Food is the best over at Epcot:geek:

DVC4bestvacations

First off I don't go looking for flaws at the parks when I'm vacationing there. I enjoy what it is entertainment. Now that my kids are grown (they both love WDW) I find myself planning much longer gaps between vacations there.
I would rather spend my week vacation at the adult pool on deck 8 of the Magic. Where my only worry is weather Baboo will bring me another Vodka cranberry before I finish the one I'm working on. Not weather I'll make my ADR's or FP+ reservations on time.

If the current condition of the parks bothers some of you so much why do you keep going back for more?

John

I do not have any point of reference..I just love Disney as a vacation..My first trip was 2004.. Yep..I'am a rookie..I agree that the Disney veterans will spot the difference from 15 years ago...As far as blinded by pixie dust..:geek:...Yeah, whatever you say...

I am not trying to pick a fight with ya brother. Its not what I say....it is what you said.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wow...:eek:...You've certainly found lots of things wrong...I must be wearing pixie coloured glasses.:geek:..I never see any of these things..:cautious:....Maybe I'am not looking hard enough...Maybe I'am enjoying the magic that surrounds me..I hope I never come across all these sad things that you've encountered.:grumpy:..I'd be heading off somewhere else on my next vacation....:cry:...
Sadly you probably can't see it.

NiarrNDisney

Good for you. No ones making you spend your $ and vacations there. You will find there is life after Disney!

Yes there is life outside the World of Disney and this year I am planning to see it in Las Vegas and New Orleans!

Until the new Mine Coaster and other additions are made (Disney Springs, Morocco's new Restaurant, Imagination gets an imagination et al) I don't think I will be back for awhile.

Edit: To include all of the empty buildings around property!

See you in the World in 2015 :D maybe?!?o_O

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Even with the canceled Project Gemini quite a few ideas were used...
gemini.jpg

Dragonrider1227

I know I for one only really enjoy World Showcase and The Seas. Though I didn't really find anything wrong, the rest of Future World does have this sad almost ghost town state to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom