Epcot's Continued Sad Condition

BobConnor

....yeah ...what's up with the sewer gas smell? ...me thinks there is a broken main or clogged vent somewhere in the vicinity of that place.
And around Test Track it was really strong too. Can't Disney afford Roto Rooter before opening the place up for the day? I can't believe Walt's Community of Tomorrow would have sewer odors.

JerseyDad

And around Test Track it was really strong too. Can't Disney afford Roto Rooter before opening the place up for the day? I can't believe Walt's Community of Tomorrow would have sewer odors.

....well to cite a famous children's teaching book ...."Everyone Poops" ....even Mickey Mouse ....and even in the future.

Last edited:

JerseyDad

Now lets not go spreading misinformation or crazy ideals. Celebrities, and that includes Mickey Mouse, do not poop!

....I guess celeb's pay their agents and publicists to do it for them?

....was once told that girlfriends and wives lived in that "No Poop Universe" .....they lied!!!

rufio

Every single pavilion is lesser now than it once was. The Land is perhaps the best example of what happened to EPCOT as a whole. Because like EPCOT at first glance it looks like it is still there, and it all functions pretty well. The Land nowadays is great. Good rides, good restaurants, pleasant atmosphere.

But look at the picture below. Spot the differences.
A fountain. And an artistic one at that.
Carpets.
Murals on the sidewalls.
Handpainted ceiling instead of a few pieces of cloth.
Balloons that move up and down.
Balloons that are tied to the larger ideas behind the pavilion.

70f5d_thelandthen111222.jpg

I never knew those things existed :(

DfromATX

I do not have any point of reference..I just love Disney as a vacation..My first trip was 2004.. Yep..I'am a rookie..I agree that the Disney veterans will spot the difference from 15 years ago...As far as blinded by pixie dust..:geek:...Yeah, whatever you say...

I'm with you... I guess we are rookies too. Our first trip was 2006, but we've been 4 times now. Our last trip was in June and I already miss it. I don't see a lot of the things people complain about. I will admit Epcot is our least favorite of the 4 parks, but we'd never skip it. There's something at each park that I like, but I could easily do 2 days at MK because that's my favorite.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

But it's not Walt's anymore it's Iger's and he'd have open ditches for restrooms if it would add a dollar to the stock price.

BoarderPhreak

You know, that "sewer smell..." The area by Test Track happens to flood quite easily in heavy rains. There's even a crew that comes out to squeegee it all away when the rain stops. I'm wondering if it's all related. :eek:

Ralphlaw

You know, that "sewer smell..." The area by Test Track happens to flood quite easily in heavy rains. There's even a crew that comes out to squeegee it all away when the rain stops. I'm wondering if it's all related. :eek:

I carry my own squeegee because I have, well . . . that condition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom