Epcot's Continued Sad Condition

aladdin2007

Original Poster
After being at Epcot yesterday the place is really in need of some help and its starting to be very noticeable. Guests guzzeling down beer in mousegear doesnt help..really? anyway,,,,the fountain of nations no longer runs its soundtrack! At least it wasnt yesterday, the fountains were working but no music,,,, Innoventions was an empty ghost town,,,,, the decent in SE is getting worse; the black sheets are starting to fall through from overhead, the dust on the sides is inexecusable, half the star lights dont work on the way up, and theres no music outside in the queue anymore. Majority of Nemo effects were off, no water waves outside, kuka arm broken, the funny starfish at the end of the ride on the glass was gone, but you could hear her. We did have a wonderful lunch at Coral Reef. Has the entrance to the land been left to rott with weeds?,,,,
Enjoyed watching Ingrid Hoffmans cooking presentation very much, shes very informative and interesting and had a full crowd,,,,, By 4pm it was impossible to get into World Showcase, complete gridlock. The cemetary out front needs to go already too. Tons of cars parked up on the grass hills in the front, what was that about? food and wine vendor workers?

Matt_Black

I was at Epcot last week, and noticed no major concerns. However, my opinion is colored by the fact that, upon coming up to the fountain in the middle of Future World, I had this realization- "This music is familiar... In fact, it sounds like OHMYGOD THIS IS THE ROCKETEER THEME!!! SQUEEE!"

copcarguyp71

I was so disheartened with EPCOT on our trip in Sept...and it is really my favorite park. Water features turned off, maintenance issues, poor housekeeping on rides and generally lax attention to details. All that coupled with empty unused spaces and increasing ticket prices have changed our plans for next year where we were going to do a week in a park view room at the Contemporary (lifelong bucket list wish)...now booked in Aruba for July.

DVC4bestvacations

I was so disheartened with EPCOT on our trip in Sept...and it is really my favorite park. Water features turned off, maintenance issues, poor housekeeping on rides and generally lax attention to details. All that coupled with empty unused spaces and increasing ticket prices have changed our plans for next year where we were going to do a week in a park view room at the Contemporary (lifelong bucket list wish)...now booked in Aruba for July.

Good for you. No ones making you spend your $ and vacations there. You will find there is life after Disney!

BoarderPhreak

I remember going to EPCOT Center in the opening and early years, and there was so much… BUZZ. These days, it's like, WS - and that other area.

EDIT: Meant to say "WS and that other area" not FW...

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
I remember going to EPCOT Center in the opening and early years, and there was so much… BUZZ. These days, it's like, FW - and that other area.

There was a lot of buzz. It also engendered strong sentiments. Many loved it (I was in this camp), but many thought it was boring. Whether or not Disney should've made changes to attempt to make it more palatable to a wider audience is debatable. Personally, I think if you're going to have a giant entertainment complex like WDW, having a theme park or even 2 that has a large cult like following is fine. EPCOT Center used to be one of the few places on the planet where I would purchase knick knacks. If you a theme park that has the intense adoration of x people, I think you make the same amount of money as having a theme park that is viewed as good enough to spend a day of vacation in each year by 1.84x people.

real mad hatter

After being at Epcot yesterday the place is really in need of some help and its starting to be very noticeable. Guests guzzeling down beer in mousegear doesnt help..really? anyway,,,,the fountain of nations no longer runs its soundtrack! At least it wasnt yesterday, the fountains were working but no music,,,, Innoventions was an empty ghost town,,,,, the decent in SE is getting worse; the black sheets are starting to fall through from overhead, the dust on the sides is inexecusable, half the star lights dont work on the way up, and theres no music outside in the queue anymore. Majority of Nemo effects were off, no water waves outside, kuka arm broken, the funny starfish at the end of the ride on the glass was gone, but you could hear her. We did have a wonderful lunch at Coral Reef. Has the entrance to the land been left to rott with weeds?,,,,
Enjoyed watching Ingrid Hoffmans cooking presentation very much, shes very informative and interesting and had a full crowd,,,,, By 4pm it was impossible to get into World Showcase, complete gridlock. The cemetary out front needs to go already too. Tons of cars parked up on the grass hills in the front, what was that about? food and wine vendor workers?
Wow...:eek:...You've certainly found lots of things wrong...I must be wearing pixie coloured glasses.:geek:..I never see any of these things..:cautious:....Maybe I'am not looking hard enough...Maybe I'am enjoying the magic that surrounds me..I hope I never come across all these sad things that you've encountered.:grumpy:..I'd be heading off somewhere else on my next vacation....:cry:...

draybook

Yup...and until others follow suit instead of complaining year after year but still forking over their dollars then nothing is going to change. Decided to be part of the solution instead of the problem.

We are joining you in the revolution. Going to cancel our bounce back and return when we feel they've made changes that are appealing to us. Planning my whole day 6 months in advance is NOT appealing.

John

Think about it.....TDO has the money....Has the where with all.....Just does not have the desire....the reason to do anything. Guest experience simply isn't on the list of priorities anymore. The list goes as such.

1) Profit
2) Profit
3) Profit.

@real mad hatter was/is there anything you have ever been disappointed in when you have visited? Oh yea.....yeaha Bob. Anyway, what is your point of reference? When was your first trip? There is no way anyone who visited EPCOT say 15 years ago simply can not say that there is not a problem. Goes for all of WDW. I understand people who have made only a few visits over the past eight years or so. No point of reference. Even that is a stretch. To say you don't see these things is either....you are blinded by pixie dust or you have no point of reference......which is it?

real mad hatter

Think about it.....TDO has the money....Has the where with all.....Just does not have the desire....the reason to do anything. Guest experience simply isn't on the list of priorities anymore. The list goes as such.

1) Profit
2) Profit
3) Profit.

@real mad hatter was/is there anything you have ever been disappointed in when you have visited? Oh yea.....yeaha Bob. Anyway, what is your point of reference? When was your first trip? There is no way anyone who visited EPCOT say 15 years ago simply can not say that there is not a problem. Goes for all of WDW. I understand people who have made only a few visits over the past eight years or so. No point of reference. Even that is a stretch. To say you don't see these things is either....you are blinded by pixie dust or you have no point of reference......which is it?
I do not have any point of reference..I just love Disney as a vacation..My first trip was 2004.. Yep..I'am a rookie..I agree that the Disney veterans will spot the difference from 15 years ago...As far as blinded by pixie dust..:geek:...Yeah, whatever you say...

wdwfan4ver

The problems at Epcot is something that Disney does notice based on what they did to FP+ for Epcot.

People using FP+ plus is now only able to use it for one major attraction and 2 minor attraction after Disney realized people were booking FP+ for using for Soarin' and Test Track only. Rather or not Disney should have FP+ to begin with is another topic, but people only picking Soarin' or Test Track for FP+ options speaks about the state of Epcot itself.

The thing is while Disney knows about the problem with Epcot, they are not doing anything about since they are so focused on improving AK and DHS unless Disney has plans of adding Star Wars attractions to Epcot for some strange reason.

TDO and Burbank created the mess that 3 of the 4 WDW theme parks need help bad at the same time caused by not spending money where it is needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom