Epcot World Showcase Drinks

Magicstylerz

Nothin better than an ice cold mexican margarita to cool u down @ the worlds showcase. Though I must say, THE place to drink at epcot is definitely the Biergarten. Go for the Oktoberfest......ZEE BIG ONE!!!! :D

Pecosburger

A Guiness at Epcot at the UK (for some reason this Guiness just tastes better after a hot day in the park :)) and a must is a Mai Tai at the Polynesian. we take our dog down every time we go so he stays at the kennel while we are in the park. while at MK I hop on the monorail around 1 to go let the dog out while the family stays in the park. then a quick stop at the pool bar at the poly for a quick Mai tai :)), well maybe 2 LOL.

CaptainShortty

The aforementioned activity is known by most CMs as "Drinking Around the World" or "Around the World" for short. It has come to become a tradition for those college program CMs that turn 21 during their program (and many come back to do it if they don't turn 21 until after). As you can imagine it is a ton of fun.

Some tips:
1. START EARLY! We tried to do it in 2hrs. and well, lets just say it was an interesting night. :p
2: We liked eating in one of the countries as part of it. You can't do Around the World on an empty stomach and it knocks one of the countries off spreading out the day a little more.
3. Buy one of the Epcot Passports (which comes with a pin). Have the passport stamped in each country at the Kidcot Funspots. Also, write in the drink you had in each country. Makes for a fun souvenier.

As far as drinks go here are my tops in every country:
Mexico: The margaritas are overrated, head straight for the Tequila bar.
Norway: Nothing special; grab one of the beers from the cart outside.
China: Shanghai Fusion
Germany: Of course they're famous for their beers but I love the Lemonade Slush.
Italy: Head to the wine tasting. They have a ton of different wines to try.
America: Nothing more exciting than beer. =/ Pick your favorite.
Japan: Saki (Hot or Cold)
Morocco: Sultan's Coolata (My second favorite!)
France: Grand Marnier Orange Slushie (My favorite!)
U.K.: Irish Car Bombs (or the classic Pint)
Canada: Torontomapolitan

Have a great time! And make sure someone has a camera! You're going to want to remember it!

JohnnyDollaz89

Original Poster
Oh man you guys are a big help! thanks alot and trust me there will be plenty of pictures my girlfriend will be taking the whole trip :) I hope to do my first ever Post Trip Report on here eventually

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Listen to all of you talking about alcohol!

There should be no alcohol in Disney parks! Alcohol is evil! You're all going to be struck down!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

gljvd

man , when i turned 21 with my friends we went to Disney and did epcot. We made the mistake of starting when the showcase opened and we were drunk by noon. I'd have to say we got drunk and sobered up 3 times that day and I think we had 4 meals. I don't remember much at all but we have pictures with a bunch of random cute girls that worked at Epcot that year !

All I gotta say to you guys is to drink water , follow each drink with a bottle of water or you could get really ill and ruin your vacation. Liquer dehydrates you and coupled with all the walking and florida sun , its a deadly combination

mickey2008.1

Do a flight testing at La Cava de tequilaria, awesome! Gran Marnier slushie in France. Yeungling beer, its illegal her in ohio for some dumb reason. Japan has some good beers, and finish with the Irish car bomb. Dont spill any drinks, as it will cost you dearly!:ROFLOL:

MDenham

I'll give you a few words of warning - avoid the plum wine in China!
Any particular reason why? (I happen to like plum wine, so I was wondering if it's a case of it's just a particularly bad one and you have prior experience with plum wine as well, or you just weren't expecting it to taste how it did.)

LizziB

drinking around the world sounds like fun! Though I don't think that I'll be able to partake with the kids in tow!
Perhaps I'll just point them in the direction of the ice cream carts, whilst I head for the beer carts!:ROFLOL:

828tnt

For myself, I usually grab a beer at Canada and work my way around. I skip France. Morraco and Italy both have good beers. Then to Germany (always a good beer there). There is the Outpost past Germay where I can grab a Bud if I am up to it. It depends on how quick we walked around the loop. Norway also has a good beer and then I end with one at Mexico (maybe).

rook :rolleyes:

cymbaldiva

The aforementioned activity is known by most CMs as "Drinking Around the World" or "Around the World" for short. It has come to become a tradition for those college program CMs that turn 21 during their program (and many come back to do it if they don't turn 21 until after). As you can imagine it is a ton of fun.

Some tips:
1. START EARLY! We tried to do it in 2hrs. and well, lets just say it was an interesting night. :p
2: We liked eating in one of the countries as part of it. You can't do Around the World on an empty stomach and it knocks one of the countries off spreading out the day a little more.
3. Buy one of the Epcot Passports (which comes with a pin). Have the passport stamped in each country at the Kidcot Funspots. Also, write in the drink you had in each country. Makes for a fun souvenier.

Germany: Of course they're famous for their beers but I love the Lemonade Slush.

Have a great time! And make sure someone has a camera! You're going to want to remember it!

Lemonade slush in Germany? Not familiar with that one - are you sure you don't mean the Grey Goose lemon in France?

datw@epcot

Some tips:

As far as Norway having nothing special, I disagree, have a shot of Linie Aquavit at the outside kiosk, you won't forget it!

CaptainShortty

Lemonade slush in Germany? Not familiar with that one - are you sure you don't mean the Grey Goose lemon in France?

I'm sure that it was in Germany...I did it in April of last year so they may not have it anymore but I do vividly remember having a lemonade type drink mixed with alcohol which we purchased from the outside counter (with the Bier sign hanging above it). Unfortunately I don't remember the name of it.

Bravo 229

When i make my trip in July, I plan on going around the Showcase and having atleast 1 drink from every country or atleast every other country so im not too wasted haha. What drinks from what countries would you guys recommend getting. So you know i will drink anything, Beer or Liqour, just not really a win type of guy so if you guys have any thoughts just let me know it will be greatly appreciated!

I'll give you this tip from experience: pace yourself, its a looooong walk!

Some of my favorites from around World Showcase:
Norway - the Viking Coffee or whatever its called
Germany - in the Biergarten there is a very good beer sampler, and Gluwhine (SP?) in the wine cellar is excellent
Italy - I believe this is where I got a Rose Wine, and it was very good
Japan - Plum wine is very good, and I tried the sake, but don't remember much about it
Morocco - the Casa beer is good, and the frozen drinks were ok
France - Grand Marnier slush, and the wines were excellent
UK (Rose & Crown) - try a Shandy or Tan and Black...also the Pimms Cup was very good too

kashmir

drinking around the world sounds like fun! Though I don't think that I'll be able to partake with the kids in tow!
Perhaps I'll just point them in the direction of the ice cream carts, whilst I head for the beer carts!:ROFLOL:

How 'bout you treat me to vacation and i'll babysit and entertain?!

JohnnyDollaz89

Original Poster
Oh trust me i dont plan on starting till before my ADR's on the Tuesday night at Tappen Edo then finishing up after that :) i will pace myself no worries :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom