Epcot World Showcase Drinks

Mukta

One of my favorite drinks is served in the France pavillion. $13 for a Kir Royale is a bit much, but I love that drink.

maxairmike

I really want to try the Irish Car Bomb at Rose & Crown next time, if the alcohol taste really isn't as strong as other drinks. I am a complete alcohol wimp. I tried the Grey Goose Citron slush during F&W and was only able to finish half of it. Of course it was melted so the alcohol was more noticeable, and it was my first drink. :lol:

Always looking for suggestions, though.

Phonedave

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much they charge for carbombs? They differ at so many bars. I could get them at school for $5, but then I go to a downtown bar and they're $9 or $10. I can only imagine how much Rose and Crown would charge.

WDW is way to expensive to drink at.

To have a drink, it's OK. To go 'drinking' I would need a home equity loan.

-dave

Pioneer Hall

WDW is way to expensive to drink at.

To have a drink, it's OK. To go 'drinking' I would need a home equity loan.

-dave

It honestly isn't much more expensive that going out in NYC. Still expensive...but it isn't anything that people from our part of the world shouldn't be somewhat used to.

jakeman

So just a heads up to everyone, when we were there this past March I was informed that Disney ended their contract with Spaten in Germany.

It came from a cast member in the Germany pavilion so take it with a grain of salt, but there hasn't been any Optimator available for my past few trips. Everything is Beck's now. :hurl:

misterID

Nuvo (sparkling vodka) from France. Just had this for the first time last week and it packs a pretty powerful punch even though it looks like pink champagne.

Peach Snap in China.

Sommerfest beer in Germany.

Frozen Margarita in Mexico.

And if you are up for it, Irish Car Bomb in UK. You have to drink it pretty fast though or it will curdle. Tastes like chocolate milk!

206945_819125014998_25700284_38364690_7712054_n.jpg

Man, that combo could be lethal!! :eek:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I really want to try the Irish Car Bomb at Rose & Crown next time, if the alcohol taste really isn't as strong as other drinks. I am a complete alcohol wimp. I tried the Grey Goose Citron slush during F&W and was only able to finish half of it. Of course it was melted so the alcohol was more noticeable, and it was my first drink. :lol:

Always looking for suggestions, though.

While the car bomb does have a chocolate after taste, it is without question quite a bit of alcohol. It is a half glass of Guiness with a shot of 50% Baileys 50% Jameson. Then you have to chug it. Like within 10 seconds. So this is not for the light drinker.

So just a heads up to everyone, when we were there this past March I was informed that Disney ended their contract with Spaten in Germany.

It came from a cast member in the Germany pavilion so take it with a grain of salt, but there hasn't been any Optimator available for my past few trips. Everything is Beck's now. :hurl:

This is bad news. Beck's is not a good representation of German beer. Hopefully this is not a permanent thing.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
While the car bomb does have a chocolate after taste, it is without question quite a bit of alcohol. It is a half glass of Guiness with a shot of 50% Baileys 50% Jameson. Then you have to chug it. Like within 10 seconds. So this is not for the light drinker.

This is bad news. Beck's is not a good representation of German beer. Hopefully this is not a permanent thing.

If Becks is failing as a product Id blame InBev and their ability to up good brews. Becks is a better beer than the foul Spaten, but Id rather they sold either Wobbly or Laughingbrew.

Pioneer Hall

While I am pretty sure Spaten is out, they aren't only serving Becks. It looks like they brought a few of the Beers from the Food and Wine beer garden booth to be on the menu full time. Here is the official Disney drink menu at Biergarten...same as when I was there in Nov.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...taurant/biergarten-restaurant-menu-drinks.pdf

jakeman

If Becks is failing as a product Id blame InBev and their ability to up good brews. Becks is a better beer than the foul Spaten, but Id rather they sold either Wobbly or Laughingbrew.
I've only had non-Optimator Spaten a few times. Their Octoberfest is good. The regular Spaten is nothing special.

While I am pretty sure Spaten is out, they aren't only serving Becks. It looks like they brought a few of the Beers from the Food and Wine beer garden booth to be on the menu full time. Here is the official Disney drink menu at Biergarten...same as when I was there in Nov.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...taurant/biergarten-restaurant-menu-drinks.pdf
I should have been more clear. Apologies! :wave:

Outside of Biergarten it seems that Spaten was no longer available. This past March was the first time I wasn't directed to even Biergarten.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I've only had non-Optimator Spaten a few times. Their Octoberfest is good. The regular Spaten is nothing special..

We have the same opinion on Spaten. Ocktoberfest is very good. Regular is Eh. I am not a fan of Becks at all, My worry came more from having that as e only option.

JohnnyDollaz89

Original Poster
all these suggestions i cant wait to go now, i gotta make sure this thread is brought back up the night before i go so i can remember all these drinks :)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
As for drink suggestions:

I have one that I never see mentioned, probably because it is very hit or miss for it to be available. But head to the American Kiosk, they carry Sam Adams products. Sometimes, if you are lucky, they will have Sam Adams Brick Red. This beer is only available in Boston and at Epcot. If they happen to have it, it is a must have.

alawrence

My wife can not walt through the France pavilion without getting the Grand Mariner frozen drink. I am not sure of the name, but she loves them. I have tried them, if you are a fan of the frozen drink, they are worth it. :wave:

disney magic 06

I'll give you a few words of warning - avoid the plum wine in China! The Chinese beer is quite good though.

I like the Harp at Rose & Crown, also the Strongbow if you like cider. I didn't have any problem finding good drinks in each country! Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom