EPCOT war memorial?

ScorpionX

One of these days, someone is going to have to photoshop the EPCOT War. Dreamfinder and Figment firing a missile out of the Dream Machine at Nigel Channing. Commander Fullerton spearing Nemo and his buddies. the hovercraft from Horizons, X-2 rocket from Mission: SPACE dogfighting in the middle of Surprise in the Skies or Skyleidoscope. SMRT-1 and Tom Morrow 2.0 duking it out in a laser robot battle. Germany invading France and bombing the United Kingdom. Dinosaurs tearing Ellen to shreds. An army of Test Track cars invading Hub City/Center Core. The Kitchen Kabaret cast eating Patrick Warburton. Canada going "Eh?"

Hi-ho, Kermit the frog here, that would be as funny as a Bean Bunny, Mr. EPCOT.

EpcotServo

Experiment #1827-A

THE MAGIC EXPERIMENT

IDEA-

Involving Persons contained in an isolated and regressive state for a long period of time, and asked to defend opinions regarding every thing that is subjected to them in their depersonified and online identities.

RESULT-

Subjects become invariably unhappy with everything ever created. Extremely predictable in ability to agree with one person and form a mob-like mentality that hampers the enjoyment of anything. Ever.

SUBJECT BEHAVIOR-

Subjects have regressed completely. Find any object placed into their environment repulsive. Placemaking Drugs have failed to change any behavior.

DIAGNOSIS-

Incurable.

FINAL VERDICT-

To be classified immediately under the Psychosis ward of Section 7, never to be seen again by sane persons. May only be investigated by TOP MEN.

TOP....MEN...

picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

Experiment #1827-A

THE MAGIC EXPERIMENT

IDEA-

Involving Persons contained in an isolated and regressive state for a long period of time, and asked to defend opinions regarding every thing that is subjected to them in their depersonified and online identities.

RESULT-

Subjects become invariably unhappy with everything ever created. Extremely predictable in ability to agree with one person and form a mob-like mentality that hampers the enjoyment of anything. Ever.

SUBJECT BEHAVIOR-

Subjects have regressed completely. Find any object placed into their environment repulsive. Placemaking Drugs have failed to change any behavior.

DIAGNOSIS-

Incurable.

FINAL VERDICT-

To be classified immediately under the Psychosis ward of Section 7, never to be seen again by sane persons. May only be investigated by TOP MEN.

TOP....MEN...

picture.php

So holding Disney and their architecture and design to a higher stranded is an illness? Great, commit me. :wave:

HMF

Welcome to WDWMagic!

If someone who dosn`t know the reasons behind LAL thinks this surely TDO have no excuse not to accelerate their removal.

Back at the Millenium, guests could pay top have their picture `laser etched` on a little bit of metal and have the photo stuck on one of the rocks. A great way to have paying guests pay more to cover some of the costs of the new plaza design. Only not enough signed up and there are plenty of empty spaces. The program has long closed, and the entrance to the park is left looking like just how you described it.
Martin' Do you know anything about when they are going?

imagineer boy

One of these days, someone is going to have to photoshop the EPCOT War. Dreamfinder and Figment firing a missile out of the Dream Machine at Nigel Channing. Commander Fullerton spearing Nemo and his buddies. the hovercraft from Horizons, X-2 rocket from Mission: SPACE dogfighting in the middle of Surprise in the Skies or Skyleidoscope. SMRT-1 and Tom Morrow 2.0 duking it out in a laser robot battle. Germany invading France and bombing the United Kingdom. Dinosaurs tearing Ellen to shreds. An army of Test Track cars invading Hub City/Center Core. The Kitchen Kabaret cast eating Patrick Warburton. Canada going "Eh?"

Complete with the France pavillion immediately surrendering. :lol:

gumchwin

Well India proposal sounds good, but I'd hesitate to do a Jungle Book ride. I'd prefer to keep Epcot as grounded in the real world as possible.A Bollywood show would expose many of us to something we often avoid or regard as silly.

sweetpee_1993

Complete with the France pavillion immediately surrendering. :lol:

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are. That's funny. Lol!

My boys are on the LaL walls as are several family members as well as the tile for my late grandfather, "Kilroy Was Here Forever". BTW, we got 4 family members to go together and buy 4 sets of the etched granite coasters of 4 different tiles when they were available, mix-n-matched 4 sets into 1 of each tile so I have our 'tiles' forever sitting on my counter. As a person who has a big personal interest in the LaL walls, I say they are poor show for their current location. Hey! Maybe here's another use for the WoL pavillion! (((ducks & runs from the objects being hurled my way)))
:ROFLOL:

Frank Stallone

It's a memorial for all of the guests who cry themselves to sleep at night because Epcot evolved as a theme park instead of remaining an antique museum.

The Empress Lilly

It's a memorial for all of the guests who cry themselves to sleep at night because Epcot evolved as a theme park instead of remaining an antique museum.
Not at all. 'We' simply think LaL is as ugly as sin.

When something is changed, it can look better, or it can look worse. for me, the new colour scheme of Cinderella Castle is an improvement. LaL is a disaster. :shrug:

I also question the motives behind LaL. It was not just meant as an improvement, but as a means of making a quick buck. It is short-term thinking.
What if, for example, Disney offered the possibility to project your face 120 feet high on SSE? Like LaL, it would mean a quick increase in profit, at the expense of quality for all those people who would rather have seen SSE as is. It is WDW selling of its crown jewels for scraps.

(Again - I do not mind the concept. I would probably have had my picture up on LaL too.)

EPCOT Explorer

Not at all. 'We' simply think LaL is as ugly as sin.

When something is changed, it can look better, or it can look worse. for me, the new colour scheme of Cinderella Castle is an improvement. LaL is a disaster. :shrug:

I also question the motives behind LaL. It was not just meant as an improvement, but as a means of making a quick buck. It is short-term thinking.
What if, for example, Disney offered the possibility to project your face 120 feet high on SSE? Like LaL, it would mean a quick increase in profit, at the expense of quality for all those people who would rather have seen SSE as is. It is WDW selling of its crown jewels for scraps.

(Again - I do not mind the concept. I would probably have had my picture up on LaL too.)

As always..Great post! :sohappy: You nailed it. :lol:

The concept and meaning of LaL is nice, with the "People" aspect of Community bing addressed, but the execution is terrible.

cblodg

EPCOT can not be invaded by tank from the front entrance....unfortunately Germany is already at the rear...

So THATS what happened to the Poland Pavilion........

:sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy:

cblodg

As always..Great post! :sohappy: You nailed it. :lol:

The concept and meaning of LaL is nice, with the "People" aspect of Community bing addressed, but the execution is terrible.

Look at how they did the bricks at MK. That actually was not a bad idea and ACTUALLY blends in with the entrance theme of the park.

LaL is just :hurl:

Phonedave

Look at how they did the bricks at MK. That actually was not a bad idea and ACTUALLY blends in with the entrance theme of the park.

I remember when they were installing LaL. They had some big show about how they got design students in, and that it was supposed to look like it was supporting SSE, and the stone with the people on them were supposed to be supporting the Earth, and therefor it was indicitive of how we are all part of a community that together played a role in supporting this planet. blah blah blah blah blah.

The point is, sombody TRIED. Nobody said "hey, we have some unused granite slabs, and I was playing Call of Duty on my Playstation all weekend, breaching tank barriers, so I am inspired". Somone designed it with a theme and thought about how it was tied into the spirt of EPCOT. They tried and (in my opinion) failed, but they did try to put some thought into it.

-dave

RiversideBunny

...The point is, sombody TRIED. ....Somone designed it with a theme and thought about how it was tied into the spirt of EPCOT. They tried and (in my opinion) failed, but they did try to put some thought into it.

-dave

Probably the same people who designed the lead ballon.

:)

EPCOT Explorer

Yep. They could have done that in EPCOT, too.
I remember when they were installing LaL. They had some big show about how they got design students in, and that it was supposed to look like it was supporting SSE, and the stone with the people on them were supposed to be supporting the Earth, and therefor it was indicitive of how we are all part of a community that together played a role in supporting this planet. blah blah blah blah blah.

The point is, sombody TRIED. Nobody said "hey, we have some unused granite slabs, and I was playing Call of Duty on my Playstation all weekend, breaching tank barriers, so I am inspired". Somone designed it with a theme and thought about how it was tied into the spirt of EPCOT. They tried and (in my opinion) failed, but they did try to put some thought into it.

-dave
Exactly. Great reasoning, great back story, horrid execution.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

-dave

This, I could have handled. Not something from the Siegfried Line.....

Buried20KLeague

What are the granite emplacements at the entranceway to EPCOT with the digitized photos on them?

My wife and I joke that it's a war memorial, I think they're like D-Day tank obstacles.

Any chance now that the wand is gone, and Universe of Energy has it's proper color scheme, that the Imagineers might open-up the entrance plaza again?

So... You know enough about Epcot to know about the wand... And about UoE's new color scheme... And the fact that the entrance plaza used to look different (let alone the fact it's called the entrance plaza)...

But you don't know what the "granite emplacements" are?

:rolleyes:

I'm with Sak. You should use some better bait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom