Epcot wand?

MickeyMad

Original Poster
:wave: Hi all and Happy New Year!
I know there has been a lot of talk about the wand coming down but my question is do you think it will still be up in March? That is when my trip is and I really like that wand, last saw it for the 100 years of magic back in 2002.

goofyfan13

I can tell you why I hate the wand. It looks like a cardboard cutout next to an engineering marvel. I think it takes away from the awe and beauty of the structure.

It was alright for the millenium celebration, but it's served it's purpose, it's time for it to go.

Epcot82Guy

There are many threads bopping around here discussing the love and/or hatred of the wand. People basically fit into three camps: (1) those that like it. (2) those that like the idea of something added to SSE, especially at night, but find it to look cheap and/or out of place theme wise. (3) those that think it mars the very well designed SSE and the park's entrance symmetry.

But, yes, although there are rumors of its end, it will almost certainly be up in March.

hrcollectibles

No need to worry I don't think it will be going any wehere any time soon :( I guess I am a traditionalist.. hey is the Castle back to its original glory?

Figments Friend

Yes, the Golden decorations on the Castle were removed in the middle of September or so. It's had a nice new paint job and looks absolutely stunning as it should. I really liked the gold decor for the 50th, but i am glad it was only used for the 50th anniversary.

The Wand i thought was way cool for the 2000 celebration. After that though, i started to tire of it. Now i hate it with a passion ( like a lot of Epcot Center "traditionalists" here). I strongly feel it ruins the beauty that the front entrance once had. Between the Wand and the "Graveyard" ( Leave a Legacy) the whole entrance looks awful to me when compared to the beautiful version they had previously. The foliage, trees, pruned shaped shrubs and of course the fantastic futuristic fountain in front of SEE was perfect.

I think the Wand has run it's course and it is time for it to come down. I would REALLY like to see this happen before the 25th Anniversary in October. If it is still there ( which...sigh...is likely..)at least change the "Epcot" lettering to a "25". It probably won't happen...but hey, it would help some of us "tolerate" the Wand a little better!

:)

radiohost

K did i miss somthing???????? IS it coming down?? YES/NO please someone reply.......a little explanation with response would be helpful ...thank you, Radiohost:cool:

TTA-ATW

Doing my Part

i did my part...I stopped by Guest Services and complained that the wand needed to come down. Last time I stopped and complained it was about bringing back the sea cabs. Well, the sea cabs are back (kinda) maybe they will listen to me again:king: .

(for those wondering I am just kidding)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
radiohost - try a thread search. There`s been more discussion, debate and argument about this piece of metal than the 5th park. Almost.

In short, no one knows. Rumours and dates have come and gone, and still it stands. Kind of Marty Sklar`s monument. With a bit of luck its budget came from the same accountants who budgeted Journey into Your Imagination and the Millenium shoestring Legacy / Village; it`ll get rusty soon, the foundations will crack and it`ll have to be taken down.

We live in hope...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom