Epcot wand?

Jooniper30

I don't get the big hubbub about the wand. I don't love it, and I don't hate it. It's cute I guess, but I'd just as soon complain about the banners they hang on the lightpoles...it's just a decoration.

PintoColvig

I don't get the big hubbub about the wand. I don't love it, and I don't hate it. It's cute I guess, but I'd just as soon complain about the banners they hang on the lightpoles...it's just a decoration.

Would you not be bothered if a "decoration" like that was put up permanently next to the Castle? For some, like myself, SSE is iconic on the same level as the Castle. It is in need of no additional decorations.

PintoColvig

I like the wand, OK SSE is iconic and so is the Castle but hey I liked the Cakestle so it kinda shows how base my tastes are :drevil:
:eek: Yikes! But would you have been fine if the Cakestle never turned back into the Castle?

I had no problem with the Wand when I first saw it. I thought it was a special touch for the Millenium celebration. But seven years have passed since I first saw it and it's still there....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I dislike it simply because it is tacky and has no style. To me the wand is no different then if they were to erect a 200' neon sign next to the castle that read "Magic Kingdom". I don't mind a little bling now and then but the wand has outlived its purpose.

disneydudette

The wand when it stated "2000' was pleasing to me, especially with all of Epcots festivities for that year. It was a very nice touch... similar to how the Castle was decked out for the 50th.

Unlike the Castle, Epcot continued the wand for many LONG years after the 2000 Celebration.

To me its very "unfitting," kind of like the carnival at AK. I don't hate either one... but both come off tacky and extremely "cheap-like."
I like the wand... but it does take away from the overall impression of the park.

None of us here will ever "boycott" Epcot because of this... but I agree with most, Epcot doesn't need that wand... it's not what the park "stands" for. Besides... it's bad enough when people call it the "golf ball"... but now its the "sparkly golf ball.":rolleyes:

My hope is that the wand will be down my October for Epcot's 25th. It will be nice to see it the way it was constructed 25 years ago... the way most of us remember it by.

:wave:

MickeyJman06

Why does everyone hate that wand so much? lol

I like it! But everyone seems to complain about it.
finally someone loves the wand:)
if they bring it down epcot would dull
and kids will have nightmares without the wand (the ball is gonna fall)
the wand is there so that wouldn't happen
look at my signature, i almost added the wand on my monorail SSE

DisneyLover10

Personally I like the Epcot Geosphere or the "golf ball with wand" alot. Every year I went to WDW since 2000 it has been up. So KEEP it up or there will be some angry Disney mobs

MickeyJman06

Personally I like the Epcot Geosphere or the "golf ball with wand" alot. Every year I went to WDW since 2000 it has been up. So KEEP it up or there will be some angry Disney mobs
if they take it down,
i'm never going to epcot again!
(about the hat)
the earffel tower didn't show anything about movies
the hat does

DO NOT BRING THOSE TWO DOWN OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!

DisneyLover10

I can tell you why I hate the wand. It looks like a cardboard cutout next to an engineering marvel. I think it takes away from the awe and beauty of the structure.

It was alright for the millenium celebration, but it's served it's purpose, it's time for it to go.

Well this I have something to say about. It does not look like a cardboard cutout. Maybe Mickey Mouse made it himself. I personally think it adds to the ball. If they take away the wand i won't be able to set my eyes on it anymore.

End of story...

goofyfan13

if they take it down,
i'm never going to epcot again!
(about the hat)
the earffel tower didn't show anything about movies
the hat does

DO NOT BRING THOSE TWO DOWN OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!

What exactly does the hat have to do with movies, other than it was in a few minutes of 1? The earful tower represents the water tower that was at the Disney Studios in Burbank(correct me if I'm wrong on the location). Now, I do like the hat, but to say it has more to do with movies than the tower did is just ludicrous.

DisneyLover10 said:
Well this I have something to say about. It does not look like a cardboard cutout. Maybe Mickey Mouse made it himself. I personally think it adds to the ball. If they take away the wand i won't be able to set my eyes on it anymore.

End of story...

Ok fine, it looks like a cardboard cutout with glittery stuff on it. Realistically that's all it is, a 2 dimensional structure. SSE is an engineering marvel, the wand looks like something that you might find at a carnival(obviously on a much larger scale).

goofyfan13

The wand when it stated "2000' was pleasing to me, especially with all of Epcots festivities for that year. It was a very nice touch... similar to how the Castle was decked out for the 50th.

Unlike the Castle, Epcot continued the wand for many LONG years after the 2000 Celebration.

To me its very "unfitting," kind of like the carnival at AK. I don't hate either one... but both come off tacky and extremely "cheap-like."
I like the wand... but it does take away from the overall impression of the park.

None of us here will ever "boycott" Epcot because of this... but I agree with most, Epcot doesn't need that wand... it's not what the park "stands" for. Besides... it's bad enough when people call it the "golf ball"... but now its the "sparkly golf ball.":rolleyes:

My hope is that the wand will be down my October for Epcot's 25th. It will be nice to see it the way it was constructed 25 years ago... the way most of us remember it by.

Very well stated. :sohappy: :wave:

MickeyJman06

in 3 more years is MGM's 20th birthday, and the hat is really famous
so is the wand, it stamps out boredom at Epcot

:sohappy:100th post! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom