Epcot Update 11/26/2005

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
mkt said:
they had one over AK... said "Turn to Jesus"

oh? What channel is he on, on the resort TV? :veryconfu Does he give tips for the parks? :veryconfu Jesus top 10 picks of WDW? :veryconfu

:lol: :lookaroun

pilka214

last year at epcot, the sky writers were flyin for like and hour and spelled ":slurp: jesus loves u"... they drew out the smiley face. it took me a while to figure it out. i thought it was kinda odd, cuz i thought there was a no fly zone over disney.

SpectroPhoenix

Are the messages only over Disney during this time of the year, or is it random?
I honestly don't have any problems with seeing the messages in the sky, I just think they take away some of the magic of Disney being a world of its own

ZHoyt

WDW1971 said:
Speaking as someone who grew up in Louisiana, the "Jesus Freaks" as you put it, DID spend tons of money and time and energy feeding, clothing and housing the truly homeless. Just because someone chose to skywrite "Jesus" in the sky doesn't mean that it's money being wasted. It very well may have been the owner of the plane doing this of his or her own freewill. As an example, many times you see Christian billboards, they are done free of charge by the owners of the billboards when there are no paying ads for that particular billboard.

And before you think of flaming me, I'm not making up the part about Louisiana...my parents' church (my home church) fed refugees, housed rescue workers (the refugees were being housed in a (larger) civic center) and my parents gave away just about every blanket and piece of clothing they didn't absolutely need...they even gave away a bassinet they may need again if my brother and his wife have another child.

I don't know why people feel like it's fun to assume things about Christians. We aren't all uneducated rednecks...it just seems that those are the only ones that end up on TV.

Maybe this is just me, but can't the two be seperated? Can't Christians in general do good deeds while at the same time some overzealous people can waste time and money to inneffectively spread a message? Even if this person is a skywriter using his own plane and time without getting compensated, how much gas and other materials does it take (not to mention time) to write jesus in the sky, and couldn't those resources be spent in a more effecient and beneficial way?

I am not trying to stir up trouble, but you just came off way too defensive and were throwing in completely unrelated facts to prove your point. Would you jump to the defense of abortion clinic bombers, the inquisition, the children's crusade or any of the other horrible things that Christians have done throughout history? Hopefully not, because the actions of certain extreme groups of people do not represent the whole and do not need to be defended by the whole. An attack on some does not have to equate on attack on all.

Now lets leave god chat to church and go back to talking about WDW.

Skylor

I saw 'JESUS DIED 4 U' one day while working over at Magic Kingdom.

I think it's trashy. Although, Not as trashy as the "Gay? Unhappy" and "GAY = SIN" signs all around downtown orlando.

Find something better to do with your money.
Crazy Christians.

speck76

Original Poster
Pumpkin Phoenix said:
Are the messages only over Disney during this time of the year, or is it random?
I honestly don't have any problems with seeing the messages in the sky, I just think they take away some of the magic of Disney being a world of its own

I agree......people complain about things such as Soarin' killing hte view of Canada from accross the lake, but this "advertising" really kills the feeling of being secluded from the real world while in the parks.

speck76

Original Poster
Skylor said:
I saw 'JESUS DIED 4 U' one day while working over at Magic Kingdom.

I think it's trashy. Although, Not as trashy as the "Gay? Unhappy" and "GAY = SIN" signs all around downtown orlando.

Find something better to do with your money.
Crazy Christians.

If you look up currently, the plane is writing over Universal today

So far

-Jesus Loves You
- I Love God
- I love you Jesus

wedway71

I dont think that any religous messages are appropriate to fly over Disney or any place in that matter.I know that a large majority of the United States are Christian based faith but there is a time and place for everything.

Trust me on this someone who is not Christian is not magically going to become one looking up after riding Space Mountain and seeing that.

I know Disney cant help that and not mad at them and not even mad at the people doing it due to the fact they think in their own way they are doing good but save that for sunday in your own house of worship.

speck76

Original Poster
wedway71 said:
I dont think that any religous messages are appropriate to fly over Disney or any place in that matter.I know that a large majority of the United States are Christian based faith but there is a time and place for everything.

Trust me on this someone who is not Christian is not magically going to become one looking up after riding Space Mountain and seeing that.

I know Disney cant help that and not mad at them and not even mad at the people doing it due to the fact they think in their own way they are doing good but save that for sunday in your own house of worship.

I can't imagine someone saying "Well, I have been Jewish for 45 years....let me try something new"

It's just not going to happen

Teenchy

I know that I always see post from people That say "leave religion out of this site" but it always seems its the non-christians brining it up to make fun .

I'm a Christian, I love WDW, I love to attend Christian related events sponsered by WDW like "Night of Joy", CandleLight Processional, Osbourne Lights (The Nativity scene and Angels in the sky)

And when I post on this site I also feel that I respect everyone and keep the two topics (Religion & WDW) seperate, unless its about a religious related event. (i.e. the above).

But it makes more sense to me having Christians reading the Christmas Story of the birth of Jesus at the CP in Epcot (i.e. Steven Curtis Chapman) Than just someone who doesnt believe but speaks and reads well?

Also to the non-Chirstians who love this site and WDW. We love you also. Thats why we want to tell you about having a relationship with Jesus. Because we believe as Jesus taught that the worst thing to happen is not to go hungry or to be poor or even to die. The worst thing that can happen is to die and never have believed. Thats why we care so much for you to know.

(Remember for what Jesus taught and said you have to choose he was either a Con-Man, a Crazy-Man or the Christ-Man)

If you knew that a ride at WDW could harm someone if they rode it wouldnt you want some of your WDW friends to warn you?

I know that many Christians (like the ones paraded around on TV) do a disservice to our faith and Lord- we are very often our own worst enemy. I know that the way we live our lives is the best testament to our faith.

But as our faith tells us:
1 Peter..."Always have a reason (be able to explain to others) for the Hope that you have within. But do this with gentleness and respect".

I apoligize for others who go full force with the 1st line but forget the 2nd line.

God Bless all of you- Have a Wonderfull Christmas!:xmas:

P.S. If you can catch Steven Curtis Chapman at Epcots CP- he usually adds a personal message at the end that just might make you think. <><

speck76

Original Poster
Teenchy said:
But it makes more sense to me having Christians reading the Christmas Story of the birth of Jesus at the CP in Epcot (i.e. Steven Curtis Chapman) Than just someone who doesnt believe but speaks and reads well?

I disagree.

Although the Candlelight processional is the story of the birth of Jesus, it is "entertainment"

If it were not entertainment, the fancy lighting, the huge choir, and the orchestra would really not be needed....it could simply be handled the same way as the other "Holidays around the World" events are staged....with a simple story teller, and a 15 minute "lecture"

To you other points....the world is full of different beliefs......and everyone tends to believe that their belief is the correct one. One thing that the Holidays Around the World event does is allow people to learn of the other cultures and beliefs.....I am not sure why it is always the radical Christians that have a hard time saying "That person believes something other that what I do.....good for them".....doing this would have probably prevented a lot of wars over the years, and would probably allow for a more peaceful society as a whole.

speck76

Original Poster
Oh....I highly suggest the Kwanza presentation.....the presenter was very good, and it is a "holiday" that most people seem to know little about

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom