Epcot Update 11/26/2005

speck76

Original Poster
From the German presentation....does this guy look familier to anyone?

Germany.jpg

lucky31.jpg

speck76

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
I've celebrated Kwanza.. and I still don't think it's a real Holiday. Just my opinion.

as much as "Sweetest Day" or "Secretary's/Administrative Assistant's/ Administrative Professional's" Day :lol:

AndyP

ZHoyt said:
Maybe this is just me, but can't the two be seperated? Can't Christians in general do good deeds while at the same time some overzealous people can waste time and money to inneffectively spread a message? Even if this person is a skywriter using his own plane and time without getting compensated, how much gas and other materials does it take (not to mention time) to write jesus in the sky, and couldn't those resources be spent in a more effecient and beneficial way?

I am not trying to stir up trouble, but you just came off way too defensive and were throwing in completely unrelated facts to prove your point. Would you jump to the defense of abortion clinic bombers, the inquisition, the children's crusade or any of the other horrible things that Christians have done throughout history? Hopefully not, because the actions of certain extreme groups of people do not represent the whole and do not need to be defended by the whole. An attack on some does not have to equate on attack on all.

Now lets leave god chat to church and go back to talking about WDW.

Agreed. And I'm a christian.
I don't like people sky writing anything while I'm at WDW, Universal, Seaworld, or anywhere for that matter. The sky is no ones to write in.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
heaven forbid Disney use actors in more than one location :lol:

speck76

Original Poster
AndyP said:
Agreed. And I'm a christian.
I don't like people sky writing anything while I'm at WDW, Universal, Seaworld, or anywhere for that matter. The sky is no ones to write in.

I agree.....it takes away from the park.

Now...these messages were tame, but what if they were not?

What if the messages were tasteless or profane?

mkt

Premium Member
unfortunately, those people are entirely within the law. The messages are being done for outside of the no-fly zones.

MissM

It's horribly inappropriate to push any religious or political message at or over Disney World. It's just rude. And against the open, welcoming to everyone - color, creed, religion, nationality, etc. - attitude of Disney. It's just severely not the time or place for that kind of thing.
-m

AndyP

speck76 said:
I agree.....it takes away from the park.

Now...these messages were tame, but what if they were not?

What if the messages were tasteless or profane?

I guess you'd hope the authorities would crack down on them if they got out of hand, but the fact the potential is there for that, is concerning...

I just wish people would find less 'intrusive' ways of doing things. Ok, you might not consider this as 'intrusive' but you read it because it is there, you don't really have a choice, but I guess the same is true of commercial advertising. But advertising your religion like this? Just doesn't seem right to me.

However, huge repect to the pilot for being able to write in the sky so neatly! :lol:

WDW1971

ZHoyt said:
Maybe this is just me, but can't the two be seperated? Can't Christians in general do good deeds while at the same time some overzealous people can waste time and money to inneffectively spread a message? Even if this person is a skywriter using his own plane and time without getting compensated, how much gas and other materials does it take (not to mention time) to write jesus in the sky, and couldn't those resources be spent in a more effecient and beneficial way?

I am not trying to stir up trouble, but you just came off way too defensive and were throwing in completely unrelated facts to prove your point. Would you jump to the defense of abortion clinic bombers, the inquisition, the children's crusade or any of the other horrible things that Christians have done throughout history? Hopefully not, because the actions of certain extreme groups of people do not represent the whole and do not need to be defended by the whole. An attack on some does not have to equate on attack on all.

Now lets leave god chat to church and go back to talking about WDW.

First of all, I didn't bring up the subject. I clicked on this thread initially just to see an update about Epcot. Other people started it off. I just spoke up when someone made a comment that inferred that Christians waste money on "unimportant" things and don't help the needy. THAT is what made my comments relevant to the discussion. They weren't "totally unrelated" facts. They were facts to refute an earlier post.

Now about your comments about abortion clinics...I have never been for bombing clinics or killing doctors. It does nothing to further the argument that abortion is wrong. Killing to prove that killing is wrong is stupid. You're using extreme people to paint an entire group.

It's the same as saying all Muslims are bad because of a few radicals. It's wrong on both accounts.

AndyP

WDW1971 said:
First of all, I didn't bring up the subject. I clicked on this thread initially just to see an update about Epcot. Other people started it off. I just spoke up when someone made a comment that inferred that Christians waste money on "unimportant" things and don't help the needy. THAT is what made my comments relevant to the discussion. They weren't "totally unrelated" facts. They were facts to refute an earlier post.

Now about your comments about abortion clinics...I have never been for bombing clinics or killing doctors. It does nothing to further the argument that abortion is wrong. Killing to prove that killing is wrong is stupid. You're using extreme people to paint an entire group.

It's the same as saying all Muslims are bad because of a few radicals. It's wrong on both accounts.

I don't think anyone was implying that all Christians waste money and don't help the needy. I think he was saying that the money from the people funding this plane could have been better spent, it was not an attack on all Christians.

Teenchy

" I cant see someone who has been Jewish for 45 years saying lets try something new" "It just wouldnt happen"

What? The entire Christian faith was started by Jews who were "Completed Jews" that believed that Jesus was their Messiah that they had written about and predicted to come for 1000's of years. They not only believed but they Died for that belief. How many people willingly die for a lie?

Anyway, If you would like more information and facts about our faith try these websites.
www.christiananswers.net
www.equip.org

Remember we dont just believe blindly, God wouldnt want that we have a faith that is evidential. These were things that Jesus said and taught, you have to choose one. He was either a Con-man, a Crazy-Man or the Christ-Man.
WE (world religions) can All be Wrong but we cant ALL be Right. We believe things that are totally opposite of one another

I'm sure others wont want to keep reading our post, I enjoy talking about the topic as I said with gentleness and respect and anyone is free to PM me.

P.S. sorry if my spelling is way off, I'm using another comptuer that wont spell check?? And i think I'm the worlds worst in spelling. I always thought growing up that there would be an invention that would help me and I didnt have to pay attention in those spelling bees. And it was "The Computer"! And now i dont have that crutch to lean on.:)

mkt

Premium Member
Guys... don't forget.

Religion and politics are the only banned subjects here.

Drop them please.

wedway71

Teenchy said:
" I cant see someone who has been Jewish for 45 years saying lets try something new" "It just wouldnt happen"

What? The entire Christian faith was started by Jews who were "Completed Jews" that believed that Jesus was their Messiah that they had written about and predicted to come for 1000's of years. They not only believed but they Died for that belief. How many people willingly die for a lie?

Anyway, If you would like more information and facts about our faith try these websites.
www.christiananswers.net
www.equip.org

Remember we dont just believe blindly, God wouldnt want that we have a faith that is evidential. These were things that Jesus said and taught, you have to choose one. He was either a Con-man, a Crazy-Man or the Christ-Man.
WE (world religions) can All be Wrong but we cant ALL be Right. We believe things that are totally opposite of one another

I'm sure others wont want to keep reading our post, I enjoy talking about the topic as I said with gentleness and respect and anyone is free to PM me.

P.S. sorry if my spelling is way off, I'm using another comptuer that wont spell check?? And i think I'm the worlds worst in spelling. I always thought growing up that there would be an invention that would help me and I didnt have to pay attention in those spelling bees. And it was "The Computer"! And now i dont have that crutch to lean on.:)

Just curious what is a "completed Jew"-Im Jewish and just curious if im now classified as a "Uncompleted Jew?-lol

TTATraveler

I don't understand why people of any religion feel the need to try to convert people or advertise. Your religion is your religion and that is what it should be. You are free to choose whatever religion meets your needs.

People who try to push their religion onto others gain little respect in my book and that is all I am going to say about this topic.

Can we please just get back to discussing the Epcot pictures (-) the Jesus picture.

lnsemsf

I had a deeply personal relationship with Jesus once. I later found out though it wasn't actuallyTHE Jesus (aparantly, he died a few years back or something,) just a hispanic guy named Jesus. Man I need to better research these things.

Rotel1026

To those arguing that it's fine. How would you feel if an atheist paid to have something written there. Or what if the local Hooters paid to have "Eat at Hooters" skywritten up there?

As for the Character Connection, how many character stations do they have?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom