EPCOT to revive old logo!

tirian

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

People don't want Epcot to go backwards. They want it to return to a time when it was futuristic. They want it restored to its former glory when everything there was "cool." Right now, it's on the right track; but pavilions like UoE and Imagination are still holding it back.

Ignorant comments about "not moving backwards" are like saying, "Don't refurbish that, because then you'll restore it to how it was long ago."

We want EPCOT as a state of mind restored, not literally EPCOT Center of 1982. With few exceptions (see above), the park is becoming just as strong as ever before.

CThaddeus

*sigh*

People don't want Epcot to go backwards. They want it to return to a time when it was futuristic. They want it restored to its former glory when everything there was "cool." Right now, it's on the right track; but pavilions like UoE and Imagination are still holding it back.

Ignorant comments about "not moving backwards" are like saying, "Don't refurbish that, because then you'll restore it to how it was long ago."

We want EPCOT as a state of mind restored, not literally EPCOT Center of 1982. With few exceptions (see above), the park is becoming just as strong as ever before.

I think Universe of Energy should be substituted with Test Track, but otherwise I agree completely.

Timmay

*sigh*

People don't want Epcot to go backwards. They want it to return to a time when it was futuristic.
:rolleyes: In essence, going backwards...
It is easy to have a "futuristic" theme without dusting off old logos. New and improved, moving forward...that's the idea.

They want it restored to its former glory when everything there was "cool."
Things like that are usually called museums, or landmarks.

No...it's not. I know you want it to be, but that doesn't make it so.

Then why the desire for an old, worn out logo. Is it purely for sentimental value? Again, that is for museums. I don't ever pretend to know the intentions of other...that is strictly for the arrogant, but I would like to believe Walt might not want to bring back an old image to help with change and improvement.

Lee

Adventurer
I don't like it....the idea of going back to the 80s font. Hate it, in fact.:fork:

That's just me. I don't want to go backwards at all...in any way other than an inproved look towards the future.
Like a wise man once said, "You gotta put your behind in your past."
"Retrocot" has no appeal to me at all.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I don't like it....the idea of going back to the 80s font. Hate it, in fact.:fork:

That's just me. I don't want to go backwards at all...in any way other than an inproved look towards the future.
Like a wise man once said, "You gotta put your behind in your past."
"Retrocot" has no appeal to me at all.

Its not retrocot...it was stupid to remove the font, change the name, and remove the logo in the first place. It would be like if Eisner/Pressler got rid of the Disneyland gothic font and renamed the park "Disney"...and then 10 years later they brought back the original name and font. Would that be going backwards?

It was stupid to remove all this stuff in the first place and I don't see why your mad since it will have no effect on the rides. Its not like they are shutting down the mediocre mission space and test track and bringing back the fun family-oriented Horizons and World of Motion.

Enigma

Account Suspended

*sigh*

exactly. well said.

wannab@dis

Its not retrocot...it was stupid to remove the font, change the name, and remove the logo in the first place. It would be like if Eisner/Pressler got rid of the Disneyland gothic font and renamed the park "Disney"...and then 10 years later they brought back the original name and font. Would that be going backwards?

It was stupid to remove all this stuff in the first place and I don't see why your mad since it will have no effect on the rides. Its not like they are shutting down the mediocre mission space and test track and bringing back the fun family-oriented Horizons and World of Motion.
wow... that's about all that can be said about this post.

Stupid? By what standards? Yours?

Also, if it has no affect on the rides, then why are you wanting it so much? Selfish motives? That's the only thing that makes sense.

Also, why does everyone keep talking about "EPCOT state of mind" or "EPCOT spirit" as if it was some major philosophical motive. It's not. Let's make one thing clear. The philosophy of Epcot is the same as ALL the other Disney parks in the world... to take the dollar from our pocket and transfer it to the Disney accounts. That's it... there's nothing else. If you want to buy into this whole "Epcot spirit", that's fine, but let's just understand that you are the one who bought WDI's ploy to help make some money.

EPCOT was failing... Epcot is doing great. There's no need to bring back some logo from the past.

jt04

Moving Forward Through Restoration

I believe this is more than a rumor because some signage was being tested and worked so well it is now being upgraded backstage before it is put back up. I would agree it is going "backwards" if someone could describe or show me something that improves on the original signage concepts. Since I doubt that is possible, I personally think restoring Epcot Center design as much as possible is a GIANT step forward. The millinium stuff was fine for it's day but has long since served it's purpose. (IMHO)

EpcotServo

I really don't feel that the use of logos for the pavilons shoud be considered "Outdated". I mean, what's wrong with everything having a round-ish logo to help identify the theme? Why didn't they just give Test Track and Mission: SPACE a logo? Don't get it at all.
:shrug:

kirst_al UK

epcot-center-logo-filtered.jpg

This kinda reminds me of the Dhama Initiative logo in Lost :ROFLOL: !!

Tigger2000

It's true that retro is a fad nowadays, especially stuff from the 80's

haha, don't get me started on the whole 80s Fad. It annoys me that people who were born mid-late nineties are walking around with 80s TV programs on their tshirts because "it's cool" at the moment.
I mean I was born just outside of 1989, by like 4 hours to be precise lol, but still, there was enough re runs when I was a kid to watch some really cool programs...ANYWAYS

On topic haha, I really am all for it going back to the EPCOT logo, or even change the name to EPCOT Center, or just unofficially implement it.
I mean their changing D-MGM to DHS, so why not change another park, then rename AK to Disney's WILD AK lol. Longer names might be the "in thing" haha, you never know!
Oh and I love that hybrid logo too, best of both worlds :p

Now if only they could get rid of some of the overly characterised attractions. I still stand by Epcot should be a fun, yet educational themepark/place and not the Magic Kingdom with a golf ball :p

(sorry I'm in a ranty mood today haha, I'll shut up now)

Slowjack

Also, if it has no affect on the rides, then why are you wanting it so much? Selfish motives? That's the only thing that makes sense.

Also, why does everyone keep talking about "EPCOT state of mind" or "EPCOT spirit" as if it was some major philosophical motive. It's not. Let's make one thing clear. The philosophy of Epcot is the same as ALL the other Disney parks in the world... to take the dollar from our pocket and transfer it to the Disney accounts. That's it... there's nothing else. If you want to buy into this whole "Epcot spirit", that's fine, but let's just understand that you are the one who bought WDI's ploy to help make some money.

EPCOT was failing... Epcot is doing great. There's no need to bring back some logo from the past.
Wow. That's all I can say about this. Nah, just kidding.

Of course the original poster was talking his/her own standards. What other standards should we express in our posts other than our own?

Boiled down, your post says, "You, and people like you, keep expressing your opinion of what you would like Epcot to be! You are silly to do so!" As you have done in so many, many, many posts, you keep suggesting that expressing our own opinion is valueless and we should simply let profits, attendance numbers, etc, tell us what's good and bad. If that's the way you feel, though, why come to a forum that exists to allow people to express their own opinions?

PaisleyMF

I like the idea of bringing the flower back. I know is very retro, but:
"The logo symbolizes unity, fellowship and harmony around the world. The five outer rings are linked to form the shape of a flower - a celebration of life. The heart of the logo represents the Earth embraced by a star symbolizing hope - the hope that with imagination, commitment and dedication we can create a better tomorrow."

And I love SirNim version!

jt04

I just want to know why you post here. Selfish motives? I can't believe you would do something without a monetary gain involved. Who is paying you? Uni? Sea World? Burger King?:king: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom