EPCOT to revive old logo!

WDWFigment

This is a new logo that they should use... Best of both worlds... a combination of the best of each previous logo!

epcotcentervintage5hh2.gif

I like that too.

BigNormsMom

While cleaning the computer room last week, orginally BIGNORM's room, I came across a key chain and a brass coaster that we purchased the first year EPCOT opened with the orginal logo. In my china cabinet, I have a cup that was also purchased that year with the logo. I will agree however that the old and new mixed are goooood!! Thank you:cool:

JimboJones123

It's now classic. 25 years. A clear generation later, it makes sense to bring it back because it's now RetroCool. It was dated looking when they switched over in the late 90s. Now, it's okay to go back. Who knows if this had been the plan all along? If it was, great job management. Maybe they knew that it was time to grow up the park a bit when things changed, and now it's time to go back to the roots. It does seem a little like the timing may have been planned in detail for quite some time now.

CThaddeus

This is a new logo that they should use... Best of both worlds... a combination of the best of each previous logo!

While I hope the original report turns out to be true (and personally I DO prefer EPCOT Center), I don't care for the logo above. I've always thought the "C" looked like a vise trying to squish the "O" to death. Hopefully, they will stick to the original font and definitely bring back as many of the symbols as possible.

darthjohnny

This probably means a lot more incorporation of the old logo in merchandise, but I wonder if they will indeed go back to the newer logo once the 25th Anniversary celebration is over.

cooleo

You beat me to it. That is exactly what I was thinking as I read the first page of this thread. I was all prepared to put this together & post it until I came across your post on this page. Great Job! My thouhts exactly.

:sohappy:

JLW11Hi

Is anyone thinking about this in terms of marketing? Because I figure they are the ones who would decide on updates of the grahic look of the Epcot logo. It's true that retro is a fad nowadays, especially stuff from the 80's, but to incorporate the old style logo/font into the official logo? That seems like something that just shouldn't happen.

The logo of the park should, if anything, be updated, and not returned to a previously used graphic. The look and font of the old logo is fun for nostalgic reasons, and I can see it placed here and there around the park/merchandise just for fun. But the bold even font and graphic have a very "80's" look to them, and in terms of representing the focus of the park, bringing it back as the official logo would be backwards thinking.

Timmay

Please let this be false...I can't think of a single reason Epcot should be moving backwards instead of forwards. :brick:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Please let this be true :p - but with EPCOT only; the Center should be the original park, not todays version. The font is fine - but the combined logo by SirNim is fantastic!

Rings as well? That`d be perfect :D

Enigma

Account Suspended
Great news.....I would imagine they will start calling Epcot by its proper name Epcot Center soon as well since new merchandise is already using the full name. Kind of like how alot of 2005/6 merchandise showed SSE without the wand.

Disney has started to learn from their mistakes lets hope exciting new pavillions and the return of Dreamfinder will soon make their debut.

WDWFigment

Great news.....I would imagine they will start calling Epcot by its proper name Epcot Center soon as well since new merchandise is already using the full name. Kind of like how alot of 2005/6 merchandise showed SSE without the wand.

Disney has started to learn from their mistakes lets hope exciting new pavillions and the return of Dreamfinder will soon make their debut.

Merchandise has always been hit or miss with the wand. There is much older stuff that hasn't had it, while the pins made for the 25th celebration use the "wand" script.

PeeplMoovr

I've recently heard (from a usually reliable source) that no approvals have occured as to getting rid of the currently used Epcot logo (with the "C" as the ring around the "O") and replacing it with the "atom" type old logo as far as merchandise goes. I'm pretty sure the same applies to in-park signage, but on this I'm less certain.
From what I'm told, upcoming approved Epcot merchandise is still using the current Epcot logo (other than the retro stuff), as is advertising for upcoming Epcot shows within the parks scheduled for later this year.

I do hope they change to the old EPCOT logo, though, at some point. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom