EPCOT Resorts Cancelled Monorail Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
PeterAlt, if that was an actual sign that was made by Disney, that's proof enough for me that they had much grander plans for the monorail system. I remember back in 1991 when I first stayed at the Beach Club, that at the time they had a tram (similar to the parking lot trams) that went back and forth between the Yacht and Beach Clubs and Epcot, along the sidewalk there to the International Gateway entrance. And I remember talking to cast members at the Beach Club who informed me that soon they were going to build the Boardwalk resort across the lake in what was then just swamp area, which I didn't believe at the time because it just looked like unbuildable swamp. But they also mentioned the plans that the monorail was going to go through that area, possibly servicing the resorts, and that the loop inside Epcot was just temporary until they expanded it to the Studios. I know I didn't just dream that, lol.
See, this is what I'm talking about. There are times when there are motivated individuals working on great projects. Then, people get shuffled around and times change and these plans get lost in the shuffle.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Just provide the facts you claim to have.

Like the sign "they" made as your avatar being real?
Can't you read the next two words as I said "ala Photoshop". Do I really have to make clear each I'm joking around that I'm joking around?

Before someone takes my bit about Animal seriously.... IT WAS A JOKE!

freediverdude

That mountain range on Mars that looks like a face? Those are actually footers for the monorail loop there. Monorails would be used because they could completely air seal and pressurize the cars. The "face" structure was originally meant to be expanded into a larger shape with Mickey ears. There are buried footers outside of the face structure which correspond directly to where the Mickey ears would have gone.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
So we're you "joking" about knowing someone who knows someone that can approve the expansion?
This person can't approve anything, but her family, collectively, can shake things up, if they choose to. So far, they've chosen to stay out of it.

This, I wasn't joking about.

Reactions: Tom

Texas84

NewMonorailsign_zps6c2ddf95.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom