epcot parade? was i dreaming?

dazzer68

Original Poster
wonder if any one knows. when i went to epcot in '96 im sure i remeber some sort of daytime parade? was i right, is it still going?

mcjaco

I don't recall a daytime parade. I do remember the characters riding on the double decker buses to music.

I miss those buses.....

rsoxguy

I'm not sure how far back it goes, but EPCOT used to have a daytime parade called Tapestry of Nations. Think brightly colored costumes and tall banners.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
The double decker red bus filled with characters is all I can think of from that time frame. It traveled around WS during the day playing loud music stopping every so often to get the crowd involved in their play. It was something about 'Characters on Holiday' if I recall correctly. The Fab 5 were even dressed touristy, such as Donald with a camera around his neck and wearing a hawaiian shirt.

peachypear14

I recall something along those lines as well. November '98; perhaps it was some sort of holiday celebration with the characters on a bus (or two - I vaguely remember there being more than one bus). :veryconfu

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
The double decker red bus filled with characters is all I can think of from that time frame. It traveled around WS during the day playing loud music stopping every so often to get the crowd involved in their play. It was something about 'Characters on Holiday' if I recall correctly. The Fab 5 were even dressed touristy, such as Donald with a camera around his neck and wearing a hawaiian shirt.

Yup the bus was called Disney Characters on Holiday. :) Apparently they stopped it for safety reasons, the meet and greet stops were very short and guests would run after the bus or sometimes even in front of it.

djpoore94

I'm not sure how far back it goes, but EPCOT used to have a daytime parade called Tapestry of Nations. Think brightly colored costumes and tall banners.

We saw this in 02, but I remember it being at night, or am I thinking of something else? At any rate, it was an amazing parade.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Didn't there used to be a Barbie parade in Epcot?
Most would like to forget, but yes - for Epcot'94 Ken and Barbie invaded, had a mini parade and a stage show.

The OP is probably thinking of the old character bus show - early on it would stop and preform, later it would just drive around the prom. The only full parades the park has had are No Place Like World Showcase, WorldFest, Tapestry of Nations and Tapestry of Dreams. ToN began in 1999 so that isn`t the one the OP recalls. It would also run in the evening, so depending on time of year would be a daytime or nighttime parade.

EPCOT Explorer

Most would like to forget, but yes - for Epcot'94 Ken and Barbie invaded, had a mini parade and a stage show.

The OP is probably thinking of the old character bus show - early on it would stop and preform, later it would just drive around the prom. The only full parades the park has had are No Place Like World Showcase, WorldFest, Tapestry of Nations and Tapestry of Dreams. ToN began in 1999 so that isn`t the one the OP recalls. It would also run in the evening, so depending on time of year would be a daytime or nighttime parade.

I have heard of those too, briefly....Can you tell us more?:)

Susan Savia

I do not recall the year but there was a Barbi parade (?) of sorts in Epcot. She'd come out in a pink car and get out and sign autographs.
Tapesty of Nations was wonderful as it circled the World Showcase with those huge puppets. Great music too.

tirian

Yup the bus was called Disney Characters on Holiday. :) Apparently they stopped it for safety reasons, the meet and greet stops were very short and guests would run after the bus or sometimes even in front of it.

Nope, not safety. Guests simply complained about the short meet-and-greet times.

imamouse

I remember the Characters on Holiday bus doing a 12-days of Christmas show (Sept '99) at the World Showcase promenade (I think that's what it's called) - the area between the 2 gift shops and 2 boat docks directly opposite SSE. After the show, the characters would spread out for meet and greet.

I also remember seeing the bus come on stage near Mexico and then creep into the position described above.

dazzer68

Original Poster
yes it was on a bus . that must have been what i was thinking off, thanks , knew you would all know what it was.
are there any parades there now? or is it 'just' illiuminations?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom