Epcot New York

Vinny

Original Poster
remember that was covered, the winter ultra modern retractable tensile roof structures:
Denver_Colorado_Airport.jpg

like this but add more advanced retractable technology and much larger and maybe even more beautiful artistic design

ok everybody, to simplify, just think really big strong umbrella

ok, back to the presentation:

I believe building this place would be the perfect example of God's true intention as to why people ever created such a place called a "theme park." A place that will educate and inspire people through entertainment. An entire day of a visit to a place where a person is immersed in what can become the greatest technologies and shared unifying beliefs in the future of our world. A place where people can actually experience what its like to be a part of a team of doctors operating to save a life, being an astronaut utilizing space bending technology to travel to a far off galaxy, or perhaps being a human ambassador making contact with a newly discovered alien species from outer space.

Here are some examples of possible attraction experiences

1) Being a doctor on a missioned craft shrunken down to operate inside of a patient's body - (The original Body Wars attraction (which has since disappeared) at EPCOT debuted nearly 30 years ago, so I'm sure the Imagineers can make a remarkable technology and story-line upgrade to this transcending concept of a ride)
Body_Wars_Promo_Shot.jpg
bw%20cabin%20hybrid%202.jpg

2) Journeying into the universe on a new form of transportation that is faster than light
maxresdefault.jpg

hulk-new-ride-vehicle-e1462825921640.jpg

1.jpg

3) Saying hi, how's everything?, to some new interstellar guests
arrive.jpg

4) An adventurous journey through the human mind and spirit
cosmic-face-emerging.jpg

Robotic-Arm-Ride.jpg

5) More attractions focusing on the potential of a better world if more people were doctors and scientists
wondersoflife.jpg

6) And of course the park would only be half complete without the other important theme of world peace and unity being illuminated.
The Imagineers got this completely right as the fastest way to create world peace:
International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_28794.jpg

How can EPCOT New York be even more unifying? Answer: EPCOT New York will feature all cultural themes as being blended. All food offerings as "fusion food" in culturally blended buildings. Nations that may be separated by half the globe will be architecturally and culturally represented blended together!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
@Vinny I really enjoy your ideas for a new Epcot. Only thing I would question is the location in New York. I think having two Epcots on the east coast would dilute the attendance at both.

However a second theme park in an international park like Hong Kong or Shanghai? It'd be blue sky - but a fun idea!

raven

Funny enough, while visiting Flushing Meadows Corona park last year I walked up to that Unisphere and I believe it may be bigger than Spaceship Earth. It's difficult to get the scope of it's size until you see it in person.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
And most importantly think of all of the people in New York who can not afford a vacation to Florida,

More importantly, think of all the people who dont live in New York and cant afford a trip there even if they wanted to. If you want to build a massive theme park in New York you cant just cater to the locals.

lazyboy97o

Funny enough, while visiting Flushing Meadows Corona park last year I walked up to that Unisphere and I believe it may be bigger than Spaceship Earth. It's difficult to get the scope of it's size until you see it in person.
The diameter of the Unisphere is about 45' less than the diameter of Spaceship Earth.

Vinny

Original Poster
@Vinny I really enjoy your ideas for a new Epcot. Only thing I would question is the location in New York. I think having two Epcots on the east coast would dilute the attendance at both.

However a second theme park in an international park like Hong Kong or Shanghai? It'd be blue sky - but a fun idea!

Thanks @spacemt354!

New York is a very important place for our nation and the entire world. That's why both candidates for President held their election day parties in New York, and Times Square is probably the most iconic place to ring in the New Year. The reason is because New York is the greatest place where people from all over the world come together to visit and live. If people wanted to build a theme park that would support the progress of humanity, New York is by far the best place to do that. The purpose of Epcot New York is to entertain, educate, and of course inspire. The world only gets better when people are inspired to make it better. The Walt Disney Company has inspired me my whole life, and I know that we can make both Epcot parks in FL and NY extremely successful at the very same time. Epcot New York will only be one sole theme park with different attractions than Epcot in Walt Disney World, and Epcot New York could never take the place of the experience of a vacation to Walt Disney World. Epcot New York is meant to be a one day experience added to the vacation of the already 50 million tourists who visit New York annually.

SYNERGY

The success of Epcot New York can reemerge Epcot in Florida as the energetic center of Walt Disney World. One of the first attractions placed at Epcot New York can be a teleportation ride to Epcot and the rest of Walt Disney World in Florida. This attraction can be used as an opportunity to get New York tourists interested in planning for their next very long vacation at Walt Disney World.

(Epcot New York can be utilized as an awesome very powerful marketing tool for booking very long Walt Disney World vacations.)

# of annual New York tourists: 50 million
# of annual Walt Disney World tourists: 40 million
Why not convert many of those tourists in New York into Walt Disney World tourists as well?

There are many people who visit New York for its deep rich culture that have passed off Disney World in their minds as not their cup of tea, who could be converted into the loyal pilgrims of Walt Disney World that most of us here on this website are.

An Epcot theme park in the heart of New York, with it's attractions featuring world changing ideas, will be extremely more illuminated in the minds of celebrities and the media being that this is where probably more than half of them live. Many new ideas in our culture and society will begin their trending here.
The theme park attraction to "experience the potential of the future" was originated at the World's Fairs, and has definitely evolved and grown substantially at Epcot, and now is the perfect time to continue to evolve this mind expanding technology and really give life to the ideas that will inspire the creators of a better tomorrow.

Last edited:

Phonedave

Thanks! New York is a very important place for our nation and the entire world. That's why both candidates for President held their election day parties in New York.

Well, not so much. Their choice of location (both of them) sort of came down to the wire. I do happen to have a bit of insight into this, and while they both ended up in NYC, neither camp made their final decision until the last minute (some people involved would say past the last minute)

The reason is because New York is the greatest place where people from all over the world come together to visit and live. If people wanted to build a theme park that would support the progress of humanity, New York is by far the best place to do that..

As an American and somone who has lived in the NYC area their entire life, I am proud of NYC as well, but there are plenty of other cities - across the US and the world, that have just as much, if not more, to offer in certain areas than NYC.

-dave

THEMEPARKPIONEER

live on Long Island, trust me with the people around here, if they serve aucohol, have rides and live performances that place will be packed. On top of that in the winter and summer as well there is absolutely nothing to do here, if there are 2 hour indoor pavilions and places to stay warm in the winter the place will do just fine.

Vinny

Original Poster
live on Long Island, trust me with the people around here, if they serve aucohol, have rides and live performances that place will be packed. On top of that in the winter and summer as well there is absolutely nothing to do here, if there are 2 hour indoor pavilions and places to stay warm in the winter the place will do just fine.
Thank you @Lands of Wonder

Vinny

Original Poster
It's true, people on Long Island and New York really appreciate things and places that Disney creates and places that are similar. I swear, one of the best compliments business owners receive from patrons in New York about their establishments, is "wow, it's really like Disney in here!" If I were the money guy at the Disney Company I would label this project "gold mine". LOL Sorry, if you don't appreciate the New York stock room pitch, but it's completely true!

Vinny

Original Poster
Building EPCOT New York is not just about building an extremely entertaining themed park. Most importantly, it's about building a place that will change society through its design and attractions and make the future better by the ideas that are communicated within. Walt Disney originally wanted to build a real Utopian city that would lead the world into becoming a better place where people had better lives. EPCOT stands for the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. When Walt Disney passed on, without his leadership, the company was not able to build his city, but they still built EPCOT as a place that would teach the world that we can live better lives if we proceed our efforts in the right direction.

Here is an awesome quote from Martin A. Sklar, the legendary President of Imagineering:

..."What was lacking was a public focus for new ideas and concepts, a "center" for the communication of new possibilities for the future - directly to the public. To answer this need, we are developing Epcot Center: a permanent world's fair of imagination, discovery, education, and exploration that combines the Disney entertainment and communication skills with the knowledge and predictions for the future of authorities from industry, the academic world, and the professions. Our goal is to inspire the visitors who comes here, so that they will be turned on to the positive potential of the future and will want to participate in making the decisions that will shape it. We believe that in a world of cynicism and negativism abound, there is another story, and we have chosen, with forethought and conviction, to tell it, and to be the voice of optimism.
..."If we build all this correctly, if we build it beautifully, if we set an example for the world, we can change the whole damn country. That's how important you are. That's how important I feel, working with you. People will come from all over the world; the're already doing it at Disneyland and Disney World...so, what we're going to do in the next year and the next five years and the next thirty years is change our own country, only for the better. And after that - the world.
It's a big project. But of all the groups in the world, while everyone else is busy talking, your doing the stuff that's really going to count.

Martin A. Sklar
Vice President
Creative Development
WED Enterprises

November 20,1981

Last edited:

5thGenTexan

Gonna say no on this.....However, seeing what the Fair area looks like now...Would not be a good idea...
http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/b...ains-of-the-1964-65-new-york-worlds-fair.html

It really pains me to see buildings left to rot or just torn down. Seems to be the norm at Worlds Fair sites. I just don't understand the money that was put into the construction and a time use and then nothing. Many of the buildings at the State Fair of Texas were built for the Texas Centennial Exposition in 1836. Every year at the State Fair they are still used as exhibition space. Personally I enjoy looking at the buildings while I walk around with my fried thing on a stick. :)

This significance is shaped by the 1936 Texas Centennial Exposition and magnified by a relationship with the State Fair of Texas that has endured for more than a century.

While the location of Fair Park dates back to the original 1886 fairgrounds, many of the existing buildings were constructed for the 1936 Exposition which attracted over seven million visitors.

The 30-structure Fair Park complex constitutes the largest intact concentration of 1930s-era exposition buildings and public art remaining in the United States. It is also recognized as one of the most significant sites in the world for Art Deco architecture.

Today, Fair Park is a 277-acre venue containing one of the largest complexes of year-round cultural, entertainment, exhibit and sports facilities in the U.S. Southwest.

http://www.fairpark.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=177

THEMEPARKPIONEER

But I want to be the first to open an Epcot and the place will be called Lands of Wonder!!!! Horizons plaza which will be 12 futuristic buildings around the lake one being the futuristic hub, a Space Pavilion, Sea pavilion with a killer dark ride, World of Imagination, Futureama which was a popular futuristic attraction in New York during the day what was allot like Horizons, An earth pavilion, Wonders of like type pavilion with a roller coaster then the human body and Frontiers which is pretty much Caroucel of progress, World of Motion and Spaceship Earth all in one. Horizons plaza will be the icon since all buildings will be the icon of he park. The 12 country's will surround Horizons plaza The place will open with 12 country's, 13 including a is pavilion which will be the center of the enterance as a warm welcome to all from around the world who come to visit .

Vinny

Original Poster
Honestly, I wonder if some of the people at the Disney Company are waiting to see how long it takes some of the other large development companies to realize that they can alternatively build this project and that it will be extremely profitable. I think I might even write to President Elect Trump and see if he'll get the ball rolling. I just think it makes more sense for Disney to build a second EPCOT park in the exact place where Walt Disney built transcending attractions at the 1964-'65 World's Fair. At least with The Disney Company building it, you know you can guarantee it will be extremely entertaining for everyone and still definitely have that strong heart warmingly wholesome quality to it. In any case it just makes total sense to build this important culturally enhancing and societal progressing project.

Last edited:

mm121

I believe building this place would be the perfect example of God's true intention as to why people ever created such a place called a "theme park." A place that will educate and inspire people through entertainment. An entire day of a visit to a place where a person is immersed in what can become the greatest technologies and shared unifying beliefs in the future of our world. A place where people can actually experience what its like to be a part of a team of doctors operating to save a life, being an astronaut utilizing space bending technology to travel to a far off galaxy, or perhaps being a human ambassador making contact with a newly discovered alien species from outer space.

Here are some examples of possible attraction experiences

1) Being a doctor on a missioned craft shrunken down to operate inside of a patient's body - (The original Body Wars attraction (which has since disappeared) at EPCOT debuted nearly 30 years ago, so I'm sure the Imagineers can make a remarkable technology and story-line upgrade to this transcending concept of a ride)
Body_Wars_Promo_Shot.jpg
bw%20cabin%20hybrid%202.jpg

2) Journeying into the universe on a new form of transportation that is faster than light
maxresdefault.jpg

hulk-new-ride-vehicle-e1462825921640.jpg

1.jpg

3) Saying hi, how's everything?, to some new interstellar guests
arrive.jpg

4) An adventurous journey through the human mind and spirit
cosmic-face-emerging.jpg

View attachment 177442

5) And of course the park would only be half complete without the other important theme of world peace and unity being illuminated.
The Imagineers got this completely right as the fastest way to create world peace:View attachment 177280

How can EPCOT New York be even more unifying? Answer: EPCOT New York will feature all cultural themes as being blended. All food offerings as "fusion food" in blended cultural buildings. Nations that may be separated by half the globe will be architecturally and culturally represented blended together!

some of these attractions sounds like they are straight from the story lines of "the magic school bus"

now that would be a great theme for an educational style park while being super fun

especially if you had Ms. Frizzle as your visit director

Vinny

Original Poster
some of these attractions sounds like they are straight from the story lines of "the magic school bus"

now that would be a great theme for an educational style park while being super fun

especially if you had Ms. Frizzle as your visit director
Thanks for the input. Your idea is about the right stuff, teaching and inspiring people to want to become doctors, scientists, and engineers. But this park needs to be appealing to everyone of all ages. The storylines need to be more entertaining than a Marvel superhero movie.

copcarguyp71

Let's concentrate on making the one Epcot great again before we even think about world domination LOL. But seriously have we learned nothing of the foibles of opening park after park elsewhere? The attention that they pay (and the money they spend) to the crown jewel gets diluted by their distracted focus. There should be no further thought given elsewhere until all current attractions at Epcot are fully updated and all closed off empty spaces are opened and given their come uppins'.

That having been said I am in Southeast PA and would not really be drawn to NYC for a vacation. Just not my cup of tea even if it is Disney. I hate to say it but considering what the areas I have visited in NYC look like I picture the park getting trashed on a daily basis and Maintenance and custodial simply not being able to keep up. Don't hate on me Empire Staters...just one guys honest opinion.

Last edited:

Disnee4Me

Aside from the traffic problem, NY gets darn right COLD in the winter, so no use of the park then. But I have faint, but fond memories of going to the World's Fair in '65 with my aunt, uncle and cousin from California who raved about Disneyland and started my obsession.

Disney.Mike

OK, well if you're going to dream you might as well dream big. I don't think it will possibly happen, but, of course, theoretically, it is possible. I once had a real estate guy advise me that if I cannot pay back $100K I might as well borrow a Million. I have nothing more to lose. :D
If you owe the bank 100k, you're a slave to the bank. If you owe the bank 100 million, the banks a slave to you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom