EPCOT Forever to return?

TikibirdLand

Is it uncomfortable living under a rock?
No, not at all. You should try it.
1646851718148.png

But, you didn't answer the question... So, that's what it feels like living in the world from Blast from the Past!

TikibirdLand

It’s Luisa from Encanto, the most-timeless, relevant, Disney, and family movie from the last 6 months.
True. I haven't watched Encanto yet. I think it's a bit early to call it timeless. But, I'm glad you liked it.

Timeless? The Little Mermaid. I think Finding Nemo has reached that. Definitely Toy Story. Let's see how Encanto holds up -- your endorsement makes it higher priority now.

ToTBellHop

True. I haven't watched Encanto yet. I think it's a bit early to call it timeless. But, I'm glad you liked it.

Timeless? The Little Mermaid. I think Finding Nemo has reached that. Definitely Toy Story. Let's see how Encanto holds up -- your endorsement makes it higher priority now.
I was joking. Those are buzzwords Chapek loves.

Encanto is a current pop culture fad. I do really like its music but I’m a LMM fan.

erstwo

Bring back Illuminations already! If it doesn’t have a giant globe projecting images of children that make me want to lobby my congressman for world peace, opens like a flower and shoots fireworks and a giant pillar of fire - then I don’t want it. 😂

In all seriousness though - China has shut down 3 major provinces in the last week. due to another wave of COVID. More supply chain impacts to come for everyone - whether fireworks or diodes or lunchboxes.

ToTBellHop

Bring back Illuminations already! If it doesn’t have a giant globe projecting images of children that make me want to lobby my congressman for world peace, opens like a flower and shoots fireworks and a giant pillar of fire - then I don’t want it. 😂

In all seriousness though - China has shut down 3 major provinces in the last week. due to another wave of COVID. More supply chain impacts to come for everyone - whether fireworks or diodes or lunchboxes.
About the globe…take a seat…

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

So... The past few nights, Harmonious has run much different pyro. I realized most of the shells were from Illuminations and EPCOT Forever. With that in mind, Harmonious has had an awful couple of weeks. Rumor is that it's going to be altered, and crowds are non existent. This got me thinking: Harmonious will have to go down to be updated. So now I'm thinking: could we see EPCOT Forever return? Them using EPCOT Forever pyro continuously now doesn't seem like a coincidence. It seems like a test. I see two scenarios.

1. Harmonious runs all summer in awful shape, angering third party restaurants and dissappointing crowds. EPCOT Forever returns for the 40th, and Harmonious returns "new".

2. Harmonious goes down in the near future, with EPCOT Forever returning, satisfying summer crowds and slightly pleasing restaurants. Then Harmonious returns "new" for the 40th.

Really there's no way it continues this bad. A mortar bounced off a taco last night.
the new EPCOT

Erractic Pyro Caroms Off Tacos

Last edited:

danheaton

I still can't believe that Disney would bring back EPCOT Forever, at least in its original form. They also seem unlikely to move the Harmonius barges, though I'd love to see that change. There weren't too many big surprises at the D23 Expo, but Harmonius getting removed next year was a big one for me. I thought it was fine and had its moments, but the limited views were a big downside. What I wonder is if they're going to retool it (aka the Lion King Rivers of Light show) are totally start over with something new. I'm hoping for the latter, though I'm skeptical given the effort needed on that front.

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
They also seem unlikely to move the Harmonius barges, though I'd love to see that change.
I'm hearing different from within. Besides, the time frame of these shows lends itself to removing the barges. EPCOT Forever seems to be coming back so they have time to remove them before the 100 show. Harmonious being removed early could point to it being a failure revenue wise. These lagoon shows have always been created to keep guests in the park at night, buying food, merchandise, and dining packages. Harmonious just doesn't have a high viewership rate or guest retention rate. Third party restaurants aren't hitting the numbers they want, and Disney isn't seeing a return in the maintenence costs on show infrastructure. Not to mention survey feedback seemed *okay* but was less than stellar, from what I've heard.

danheaton

I'm hearing different from within. Besides, the time frame of these shows lends itself to removing the barges. EPCOT Forever seems to be coming back so they have time to remove them before the 100 show. Harmonious being removed early could point to it being a failure revenue wise. These lagoon shows have always been created to keep guests in the park at night, buying food, merchandise, and dining packages. Harmonious just doesn't have a high viewership rate or guest retention rate. Third party restaurants aren't hitting the numbers they want, and Disney isn't seeing a return in the maintenence costs on show infrastructure. Not to mention survey feedback seemed *okay* but was less than stellar, from what I've heard.

That's really interesting and makes sense in terms of revenue. That would be a reason to remove it quickly despite all the investment to make it happen. That doesn't surprise me about the surveys; I didn't hate it, but it didn't grab me the same way that Illuminations: ROE did. It's fine but not something you can enjoy the same way all over the lagoon.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I have no inside sources but EF won’t return in its original form. It should be either the later version (no kites, more pyro?) or something even more updated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom