News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

trainplane3

Harmonious honestly just looks like an attempt at Happily Ever After but just at EPCOT. At least in terms of the idea.
When all effort goes out the window, stick a Pixar DVD in to make your average park guest happy.

Yeah asside from the screens, Sea Worlds Ignite and Universals Cinematic Celebration will still beat Harmonious. If World of Color had pyro it would still beat all of them.
I still can't believe how good Ignite is. I'm glad Martin did a video on it in 2019. Planned to see it in 2020 and...welll...ya. While 2021 plans are locked in, I'll for sure see it in 2022.

TTA94

When all effort goes out the window, stick a Pixar DVD in to make your average park guest happy.

I still can't believe how good Ignite is. I'm glad Martin did a video on it in 2019. Planned to see it in 2020 and...welll...ya. While 2021 plans are locked in, I'll for sure see it in 2022.

Sea Worlds Ignite could be even better if they decide to update the fountains to moving fountains and water screens.

Disone

You assume it’ll be better.
And it better be. I think I am not alone in thinking the same thing.
It had many redeeming factors. Forever was designed as a stop gap show. Not a showstopper. And it’s fulfilled that role.
Agree. But also why I assumed Harmonious, which truly with the amount of infrastructure they have built must be intended did to be a showstopper and not a stopgap.
Eh, they're not that impressive tbh. Ive seen better from my local town's fourth of July show. Heck, Ignite at SeaWorld is more impressive than this mess.
Disagree. Ignite is definitely the better show of the two. No question there. But Epcot forever definitely out powers Ignite in both terms of Firepower and variety of fireworks.
Harmonious honestly just looks like an attempt at Happily Ever After but just at EPCOT. At least in terms of the idea.
Agree. I have very Happily Ever After 2.0 expectations of Harmonious.

SeaWorld Orlando's Ignite is truly a happy accident. 9 minutes of keeping you guessing as to whats next. Truly an outstanding show and it's complimentary dance party is definitely the best theme park dance party any of the theme parks have ever offered.

In Tomorrowland and in Dinoland Disney is well-known for its cringe-worthy dance parties. Sea world's electric ocean dance parties are actually fun and not cringe-worthy.

They're also use effectively as a build-up to the Ignite nighttime spectacular and a wind down from that same show.

Last edited:

JohnD

Finally caught EF in-person the other night. Have to say I really enjoyed the Tapestry of Nations + Golden Dream segment.

The rest didn't really speak to me, but it's still more than I was expecting.

Would love to see the ToN soundtrack preserved somewhere in the park, but at least it had a good run as ROE's post-show music.
Glad I picked up the CD (WDW Millennium Celebration)

DonaldDoleWhip

Another compliment I’ll throw EF’s way - the pre-show music is really fun. Not as serious as RoE’s, but very festive and bouncy.

Really enjoyed walking around the lagoon and taking it in.

Movielover

I know this has been discussed before but A Whole New World just seems so out of place compared to all the other Epcot-specific music.
I actually really like it, or at least the specific rescoring of it, they included different horns and strings which to me blends it well with the Epcot original music. I get why people have a problem with it but to me it was a good ending to the show.

JohnD

I actually really like it, or at least the specific rescoring of it, they included different horns and strings which to me blends it well with the Epcot original music. I get why people have a problem with it but to me it was a good ending to the show.

Good song. Wrong place.

tparris

Finally caught EF in-person the other night. Have to say I really enjoyed the Tapestry of Nations + Golden Dream segment.

The rest didn't really speak to me, but it's still more than I was expecting.

Would love to see the ToN soundtrack preserved somewhere in the park, but at least it had a good run as ROE's post-show music.
Parts of the ToN score has been rearranged as part of the new Creations Shop music loop. You can hear it in the ResortTV livestream from Wednesday, from around the 15:41-18:00 time mark. The music that plays afterwards also sounds familiar, but I’m not quite sure what it’s from.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Parts of the ToN score has been rearranged as part of the new Creations Shop music loop. You can hear it in the ResortTV livestream from Wednesday, from around the 15:41-18:00 time mark. The music that plays afterwards also sounds familiar, but I’m not quite sure what it’s from.

For me it sounded like the live version of the song which was performed in Europe.

You can't really find it on YouTube, but it is on Spotify (Click here). I'm 100% sure it is.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
With the "soft opening" of Harmonious on the 29th, I wonder what will happen to Epcot Forever? Is there a possibility of it being the new anniversary tag that could be used next year for EPCOT's 40th, effectively replacing the pre-RoE IllumiNations music that was used previously?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
With the "soft opening" of Harmonious on the 29th, I wonder what will happen to Epcot Forever? Is there a possibility of it being the new anniversary tag that could be used next year for EPCOT's 40th, effectively replacing the pre-RoE IllumiNations music that was used previously?
EF was a temp show between RoE and Harmonious. I don't think we will ever see it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom