News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

MorphinePrince

I saw this 2.0 version last night, my third viewing since being there opening night, and I can't say this is one is any better. It's still the same stale, uninspired, and embarrassing show as before. Everyone in my party hated it (I knew they would, but I just had to prove to them how awful it was :hilarious:) Bring on Harmonious and put this show out of its misery!!

James Alucobond

You assume it’ll be better.
People's opinions on IP and EPCOT-appropriate content notwithstanding, it ... almost has to be, right? The current show is basically just pyro, and the only thing especially charming about it is the soundtrack if you're old enough to remember the attractions it's referencing. Even if Harmonious is ultimately a "bad" show for those of us who remain that actually care about the content relative to where the show takes place, I see almost no world in which it is viewed more negatively than EF by the general public.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
People's opinions on IP and EPCOT-appropriate content notwithstanding, it ... almost has to be, right? The current show is basically just pyro, and the only thing especially charming about it is the soundtrack if you're old enough to remember the attractions it's referencing. Even if Harmonious is ultimately a "bad" show for those of us who remain that actually care about the content relative to where the show takes place, I see almost no world in which it is viewed more negatively than EF by the general public.
I can’t comment. Though my comment wasn’t regarding IP. Time will tell once the next show is running.

Regarding the soundtrack, no one knew the RoE score either. And that went down quite well.

James Alucobond

Regarding the soundtrack, no one knew the RoE score either. And that went down quite well.
Right, but it at least had some degree of unique "wow" factor with the globe. EF was one of the first shows I've ever been to at Disney World where those who were with me said, "Eh, not really worth it. We won't be going next time if it's still the same show."

Jwhee

I saw this 2.0 version last night, my third viewing since being there opening night, and I can't say this is one is any better. It's still the same stale, uninspired, and embarrassing show as before. Everyone in my party hated it (I knew they would, but I just had to prove to them how awful it was :hilarious:) Bring on Harmonious and put this show out of its misery!!

Sheesh. Tough crowd. Even if you don’t know any of the Epcot inspired soundtrack; it is still an impressive presentation of pyrotechnics.

James Alucobond

It had many redeeming factors. Forever was designed as a stop gap show. Not a showstopper. And it’s fulfilled that role.
Absolutely. I agree on all counts. Just saying it's difficult to fathom Harmonious being less impressive or rewatchable. If it is, it will have failed spectacularly, which I guess might actually be nice in a forward-thinking sort of way since it might force them to deprecate some of the hardware earlier than they might have otherwise?

Figments Friend

All the latest flashy 'new show tech' does not guarantee a 'great show'.
Nor a great Attraction in many cases.

Sometimes, 'less is more'.

Harmonious will not be 'less'....but 'too much' from a certain point of view in some respects.
Your mileage may vary, as everyone has different opinions on various things.
But i will say this :

It has already proven to be 'too much' to deal with during the daytime for some of us....
NO nightime production should screw up the Guest views of a purposely built area desinged for scenic views 23 hours, 40 mins every single day.

-

TTA94

Eh, they're not that impressive tbh. Ive seen better from my local town's fourth of July show. Heck, Ignite at SeaWorld is more impressive than this mess.

Yeah asside from the screens, Sea Worlds Ignite and Universals Cinematic Celebration will still beat Harmonious. If World of Color had pyro it would still beat all of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom