News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I meant it more as a decision made from the start. That it was never intended to be great and thus not a long life.
There was no decision. It was meant to be an interim replacement show with limited resources.

It was never meant to follow in the previous shows footsteps. That’s the problem. I think if it’d followed New World Fantasy it would have been called amazing.

gerarar

Premium Member
There was no decision. It was meant to be an interim replacement show with limited resources.

It was never meant to follow in the previous shows footsteps. That’s the problem. I think if it’d followed New World Fantasy it would have been called amazing.
Was the decision to cut back on (more than) half the pyro/fireworks intentional, like for budget reasons, or was it just simply a supplier issue? The show looks abysmal in its current from when I saw it Christmas week, as compared to when it debuted in full form.

trainplane3

They did budget cut the kites from doing loops 🤣 :
loop.JPG

loop2.JPG

*From the D23 preview video*

TrainsOfDisney

Was the decision to cut back on (more than) half the pyro/fireworks intentional, like for budget reasons, or was it just simply a supplier issue? The show looks abysmal in its current from when I saw it Christmas week, as compared to when it debuted in full form.

Agreed. I saw the show last night and just wow. The show is so underwhelming. If there was a decent amount of pyro it would at least feel like a show. :-/ the lasers looked good last night.

gerarar

Premium Member
Agreed. I saw the show last night and just wow. The show is so underwhelming. If there was a decent amount of pyro it would at least feel like a show. :-/ the lasers looked good last night.
Also something else I noticed. As kites break and stop working, they just take them off the set, reducing the number of kites per set/jet ski. They haven’t bothered to fix or replace them as it’s been months since it first occurred. There used to be like 5 per set, now there’s only 4 or 3 per set it seems. ://

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They did budget cut the kites from doing loops 🤣 :
View attachment 442851
View attachment 442852
*From the D23 preview video*

I’ve not been following it to know about the pyro. But kites have been problematic since before the show began.

trainplane3

I’ve not been following it to know about the pyro. But kites have been problematic since before the show began.
It was pretty obvious when the one set of 5 kites had a unlighted kite on the debut night:

And then on the second night another died:
IMG_20191002_210801.jpg

They soon went down to 4 kite sets but still kept the "burnt out" one. Now it looks like another of the 4 kite sets has 2 burnt out ones. You can see the two problematic sets below:

It's really too bad because the kites are great to see in person.

Naplesgolfer

Also something else I noticed. As kites break and stop working, they just take them off the set, reducing the number of kites per set/jet ski. They haven’t bothered to fix or replace them as it’s been months since it first occurred. There used to be like 5 per set, now there’s only 4 or 3 per set it seems. ://
I think I saw
When I was there last week, both shows we watched had 6 kites.

FullSailDan

It was pretty obvious when the one set of 5 kites had a unlighted kite on the debut night:

And then on the second night another died:
View attachment 442862
They soon went down to 4 kite sets but still kept the "burnt out" one. Now it looks like another of the 4 kite sets has 2 burnt out ones. You can see the two problematic sets below:

It's really too bad because the kites are great to see in person.

It's also really too bad because they are made out of ws2811 LEDs that are anywhere from 12 to 24 cents a light for strand of 100. They are super easy to splice in replacements even if they cant replace the entire strand easily. There's basically no reason they haven't done it besides labor. I will say, I'm rather shocked they decided to use the bullet nodes as they are called, they are durable-ish, but not something I'd want whipping around in the wind, and the wiring doesn't have redundancy built into it. (in case one of the bulbs wiring/chip gets borked)

TrainsOfDisney

The show definitely had more pyro in tonight, Saturday, than previous nights this week. The park was packed and the VP was there to introduce the broadway concert live stream. So who knows.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just a wild guess but I’m sure the EF team will be very glad when this show is over. Those kites are probably a big headache.

Hopefully they pushing to get Harmonius opened sooner rather than later.
The team quite like the show. It does what it was meant to. Don’t hold your breath on the next one. There’s no concrete date yet.

TrainsOfDisney

I’ve been at Epcot each night to watch the broadway shows. The show has some nice moments. If the beginning was figment singing and it went into a high budget pyro display after one little spark the opening would be perfect 👌

gerarar

Premium Member
The show definitely had more pyro in tonight, Saturday, than previous nights this week. The park was packed and the VP was there to introduce the broadway concert live stream. So who knows.
I was able to find a stream of the show last night. And yea, in some parts it seems like there was more pyro.
Like for example in the Tapestry of Nations segment, there was enough pyro to form the "halo" around the lagoon. After the cut, it was barely even a halo.
However nothing changed/added to the finale as it's still lackluster after more than half of its fireworks/pyro were cut, making it very bare... The finale was ok before from all the nice pyro, now it's just....ugh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom